home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #761
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Adding them via friends and family or importing them all at once via reservation or confirmation number won't affect their MDE account their linked to or their fastpasses and stuff?

In essence, are they just going to be linked to two MDE accounts? Or does Disney somehow know that one of the MDE accounts is their main one and the other MDE account is just something else?
thanks for the info!
Someone can be linked to multiple MDE accounts via the Family & Friends without affecting any existing plans (FP+, etc.).

My MDE account is currently linked to 6 other MDE accounts and I have no issues because of it.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #762
chunter
Two Bedroom

this is probably a dumb question....but for the dummy account I used an old mde account I must have tried to setup years ago...but somehow disney knows its me. In other words, on the dummy account when I linked my family from our real MDE account, when it list our family...it recognizes that the Chris who owns the MDE dummy account is the same Chris from our family when we linked up.

Will that cause any problems when doing this disney memory maker share?
Also, and sorry for repeating, but I just want to make absolute certain before buying the memory maker for the dummy account, when I buy the memory maker $169 for the dummy account, and link everyone to it via friends and family....all their pics will be available on the dummy account for download?

thanks again...
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #763
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
this is probably a dumb question....but for the dummy account I used an old mde account I must have tried to setup years ago...but somehow disney knows its me. In other words, on the dummy account when I linked my family from our real MDE account, when it list our family...it recognizes that the Chris who owns the MDE dummy account is the same Chris from our family when we linked up.

Will that cause any problems when doing this disney memory maker share?
Will not cause any issues.

What it does is allows the photos that are associated with your real MDE account to appear in the dummy MDE account. Which is what you want since you are going to purchase MM under the dummy account.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:22 PM   #764
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Will not cause any issues.

What it does is allows the photos that are associated with your real MDE account to appear in the dummy MDE account. Which is what you want since you are going to purchase MM under the dummy account.
thank you so much for the info!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #765
chunter
Two Bedroom

If a group member of the disney share isn't staying on disney property, so they don't have a confirmation number to link from dummy account to their mde account...is it still possible for them to be linked to the account in a different way?
Could they buy a wristband and use that to link to the dummy account?
Will they get a confirmation number when they buy a wristband?
thanks
Old 11-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #766
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
If a group member of the disney share isn't staying on disney property, so they don't have a confirmation number to link from dummy account to their mde account...is it still possible for them to be linked to the account in a different way?
On the Friend & Family List in the dummy account, click 'Add a Guest' and then the add by name and age radio button. As long as the individual is 13 or older (13 is minimum age to open MDE account), select 'Invite this Guest to connect' and enter the email address they used to create their MDE account.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #767
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
You would need to add them by name and then select 'Invite this Guest to connect' and enter the email address they used to create their MDE account.
Ok, they actually added me (dummy account) by name and email address. We're connected now via friends and family (they are listed in the friends & family on dummy account). So now, do they just need to buy a magicBand?

thanks!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #768
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, they actually added me (dummy account) by name and email address. We're connected now via friends and family (they are listed in the friends & family on dummy account). So now, do they just need to buy a magicBand?
They could get most photos by using an RFID enabled admission card, but there are some attractions that require a MagicBand to get the ride photo (Frozen Ever After, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train & Slinky Dog Dash).

If they do purchase a MagicBand, they would link it from their account. You don't need to do anything.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #769
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
They could get most photos by using an RFID enabled admission card, but there are some attractions that require a MagicBand to get the ride photo (Frozen Ever After, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train & Slinky Dog Dash).

If they do purchase a MagicBand, they would link it from their account. You don't need to do anything.
Ok. So, right now we are linked to each other and she has no magicBands on her account. Lets say three people get magicBands on their account later on. Will those three people show up on my dummy account under friends and family? Or will I need to link each person on her account that has a magicBand somehow?
thanks...
Old 11-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #770
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Ok. So, right now we are linked to each other and she has no magicBands on her account. Lets say three people get magicBands on their account. Will those three people show up on my dummy account under friends and family? Or will I need to link each person on her account that has a magicBand somehow?
thanks...
If there are others besides the MDE account holder that may use a MagicBand or Card to get pictures, you will need to add them to the Family & Friends list also.

The default option when you click 'Add a Guest' is to list any people you may know. This should include profiles managed by any connected friends.

I appears as if Disney IT has broken the people you may know option since I don't have anyone to add when I know that some of my connected friends have managed profiles I should be seeing.

If you need to add those manage profiles from one of the connected friends, you will probably need to call Disney to have them link them up.