home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Default Summary of our Trip - Pictures Added!!!!

We just got back late last night (thanks to a delay due to hail and severe thunderstorms) staying a week in a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek and had a great trip. Over all the weather was relatively typical for FL. Not a whole lot of rain that got in our way, and pretty much all was in the afternoon/evening when we are more laid back. Some days it was just simply beautiful all day long. Sadly our last night we got rained out of the campfire. Otherwise not getting on Test Track one day, it didn't interfere at all.

We arrived June 1st and yet again on text/e-mail even though we did online check in. As soon as she pulled up our information and told us our room was ready, I got the text and e-mail saying our room was ready. So something in the system isn't great.

We went to Epcot and sure enough we were the only ones in line at Guest Services. We activated our APs and got the DAS. This time it wasn't an issue at all and she didn't even ask. She saw I had had it before, but at least the lady from last year left no mean notes.

We had a minor issue with the room discussed here

To add to that, they offered us full housekeeping for the rest of the week, and after a day of it, we told the housekeeper we really didn't need it. So a manager came in and made sure all was well. Seriously above and beyond service. We told them that it just really wasn't necessary because nature caused some egg to fall onto our balcony. It wasn't a big deal at all.

We had more issues with MDE app this trip than before. As reported here one morning everyone was locked out of logging in. I would say it was about 2 hours before it was fixed. Yesterday we couldn't make an ADR for a last minute meal, and wound up calling MS to get it booked.

The bigger issue with MDE not working is while I might make plans, I never really stick to them. I cancel and move along as needed.

We had a bad day at MK with rides breaking down on Thursday. All week long (starting from Saturday) we tried to get into the Tiki Room and it was either down or Josť wouldn't wake up. Finally got on it after trying a few times on Thursday. We must have stopped by 6 times that trip (MDE never showed a wait when running or that it was down when it was). Splash Mountain seemed to have a lot of issues too. Almost messed with our "Mountain morning" we had in mind.

We also got stuck on Journey and had to be walked off yesterday. For the first time ever we got digital fast passes as an apology. We wound up not using them

Boat transportation was spot on all week. Never had to wait very long for a boat. Monorail had issues on the resort line once. We wanted to stop at the resorts and literally just missed a train only to wait 20 minutes for the next.

Buses were hit or miss for us. At Epcot one day it took 30+ minutes for us to be picked up (we saw the bus drive away). One morning we also literally saw 2 AK buses in a row come in twice and then another in the time when Epcot bus was supposed to come. That one was a 25 minute wait. The CM watching the buses in the morning was hit or miss being there. In the morning going to parks we did not share, but on the way back mid-day we did.

We were in room 5120. I absolutely loved this location. We were right by the elevator and a corner room. We heard very little from the people above us and nothing from our side neighbors. I loved our view as well. If I were to come back here (it seems the family loved it) we would request the room again.

Here is a panoramic view from our room that google stitched together for me.

We did the WL tour they offered certain days at 9am and loved every minute of it. Also did the Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt.

Only negative for me is how little seating there is at the main pool. My son wanted to do the pool party, and we almost couldn't find a chair. After it was done, we went over the the BR pool. Much nicer IMO.

Working on getting our Photopass Photos for fun shares, but here is a link to the album with room views, kitchen pics, and bath pics for those who requested them. Please keep in mind our stuff was in those

https://imgur.com/a/XvUDw9K

Over all it was a great trip. Very few negatives for us as a whole and a lot of happy and kind service. I'm working on writing up an e-mail today to DVC about how great the service is there and how well they did with the trash service. We never were disturbed when the room occupied sign was up and that was appreciated.

Last edited by helenabear; 06-12-2018 at 07:22 PM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Oh and to add, I purchased a cell phone cross body holder like this

https://www.katespade.com/products/n.../8ARU2509.html

It was not considered a bag at all since it was only to hold the cell phone. On the days there was little chance of rain we went bagless to the parks and that made security so much nicer.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #3
willow13579
Studio

Glad you had a good time!

We were staying at BLT this past week and the ride closures were pretty bad. We didn't get to ride on Splash. The kids were next in line to board and it shut down. It was up and down the whole trip.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the summary and pictures. Glad you enjoyed your trip!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Glad that you enjoyed your trip! I agree, the BRV pool is much more relaxing. Nice to hear about the excellent customer service. We've always had friendly, helpful CM's there. So, is there a small add on in your future?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Oh and to add, I purchased a cell phone cross body holder like this

https://www.katespade.com/products/n.../8ARU2509.html

It was not considered a bag at all since it was only to hold the cell phone. On the days there was little chance of rain we went bagless to the parks and that made security so much nicer.
I have a Vera Bradley just about the same size, and I always have to go through bag check. Hmm... Maybe I just look shifty or something...
Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you had a nice time. Thanks for the pictures of the villa. It is pretty.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow13579 View Post
Glad you had a good time!

We were staying at BLT this past week and the ride closures were pretty bad. We didn't get to ride on Splash. The kids were next in line to board and it shut down. It was up and down the whole trip.
Oh no! I'm not surprised. I looked at the app now and then for Splash and it was down a lot. Especially first thing in the morning when people try to ride before it gets too long. We saw Pooh down a lot as well as the Little Mermaid too. It was definitely not a great week for rides at MK in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Glad that you enjoyed your trip! I agree, the BRV pool is much more relaxing. Nice to hear about the excellent customer service. We've always had friendly, helpful CM's there. So, is there a small add on in your future?
We have a roof repair of nearly $4k and a new driveway for us this summer. So not right now, but if in a few years the draw to CCV is still there, I'd consider it. Maybe about 100-120 points so we could stay every 3 years. With the end year on it, we likely would pass it down to my son. We'll see, just not in the cards right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I have a Vera Bradley just about the same size, and I always have to go through bag check. Hmm... Maybe I just look shifty or something...
As a comparison, I had this bag https://www.amazon.com/JET-SET-SMALL.../dp/B01NBNDESL

They considered it a bag 90% of the time. Oddly having it with the opening at the top they really just saw it as a cell case as it was pretty obvious it was designed just for that. Some wanted to peer in and others just waved me through.

I saw something similar in the parks that had Minnie Mouse design on it. I cannot seem to find it in the parks app though, but I think that one also would work. I hope the one I got holds up for a long time because I had a hard time finding something so small without being too small that held my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Glad you had a nice time. Thanks for the pictures of the villa. It is pretty.
It is very nice. Really my cup of tea. A bit rustic but still modern.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #9
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Sounds like a great trip! I had a waitlist set up for CCV for our August trip, thinking for sure they would declare more points and it would come through, but so far nothing. I really would like to stay there sometime. We were in WDW the week before you and the Tiki room was closed every time we walked by (different days) so not sure what's going on there. We also got stuck on Splash a few times (never evac'd, but long, long pauses).
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Sounds like a great trip! I had a waitlist set up for CCV for our August trip, thinking for sure they would declare more points and it would come through, but so far nothing. I really would like to stay there sometime. We were in WDW the week before you and the Tiki room was closed every time we walked by (different days) so not sure what's going on there. We also got stuck on Splash a few times (never evac'd, but long, long pauses).
What room type were you looking for? We got lucky with the 2 bedroom dedicated. I just hope as it sells out we might still get to stay there. Otherwise we will have to add on.

That doesn't bode well for Tiki Room. I might keep watch on it to see if it continues to have problems