home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Default "Oh, how I long to run away from normal days!" Live TR! COMPLETE! With pictures!

"Oh, how I long to run away from normal days! I want to run wild with my imagination." -Alice in Wonderland

My normal days are officially over (at least for the next 99 days!). Summer break has begun! We are scheduled to leave CMH tomorrow evening and get into MCO around 9. I purposely scheduled that later flight in case we needed to make up snow days. We didn't, but by the time I was certain about that, the prices were too high to rebook. I hate coming in so late. It feels like such a wasted day, but I'm glad to be able to have tomorrow to just pack and clean the house. We are renting a car and plan on stopping at the new Walmart Neighborhood Market on Landstar Blvd. Unfortunately, their grocery pickup ends at 8. That would've been very convenient. We have Kroger Clicklist here and I use it every week; well worth the $5. We are staying in a studio, so we'll pick up two cases of water, coffee & tea, some easy breakfast foods, and some snacks. After the grocery pit stop, we're headed home to Bay Lake Tower. After hearing us gush over DVC for the last two years, our friends--my #DisneySquad--rented points to stay with us at BLT! I'm so excited and we are all SO ready for vacation!

Cast of Characters (AKA my #DisneySquad)
Me (35)
DH (35)
DS (8)
DD (4)
Mrs. C (40s)
Miss C (21)

Trip highlights we are looking forward to:
-Our friends staying with us at BLT (they will have their own studio)
-I am 99% sure DD will measure up to 40" this trip. She was *so close* in February. Mine Train blew her mind last time, so I'm looking forward to her riding Splash Mountain and Soarin'
-the DVC Moonlight Magic party at Typhoon Lagoon. Although we have the platinum plus pass, we've never been to either one of the water parks #Disneyfirst!
-Trying out some new-to-us restaurants: The prince & princess breakfast at Tratorria (We've had dinner there--delicious, but haven't done the character breakfast, Homecomin', and Sci-Fi Dine in. We're scheduled to have lunch there on our HS day.
-Miss C turned 21 in November, a month after we were there for MNSSHP & Food & Wine. We're celebrating her birthday at Epcot by drinking around the world.
-My MIL bought us gift cards so we can take the kids to the Pixar Play Zone at the Contemporary. This was her birthday gift to them (and to us! haha). They don't know it yet. They'll be so excited!
-We jumped on the Southwest sale and ended up saving points to stay a few days later. We'll be leaving Disney on 6/2 and spend some time with my sister, who lives in Orlando. They're very busy with their business, but I think we'll at least get to spend a little time with them.

So here we go...

Last edited by disneyteach; 06-05-2018 at 01:22 PM.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Woo hoo ! Letís get this party started!

following along!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Your trip sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful time! I also have a BLT trip booked with friends. We are going in January of 2019. I was just working on a draft of our schedule today.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like it will be a great trip. Looking forward to what you have to say about BLT. Safe travels and have fun! Kick off summer break with grand marnier slushie....mmmmm.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT, May 25-28 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds excellent to me... Have a safe flight down, and enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #6
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Woohoo! Sounds like great fun! Enjoy your escape !
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

FREEDOM!!!

Man, I so miss those longer summer breaks. Have a magical trip!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #8
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Have a wonderful trip!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Sounds like an exciting time. Have fun and look forward to hearing all about it!
Old 05-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #10
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

We're home! We had an uneventful flight on Southwest and landed a little early. Although, the amount of time it took to taxi I was certain they were driving us straight to Disney World! The Southwest plane was newly renovated and there seemed to be more legroom than in the past. DH, who is a Delta snob because he travels so much for work, said "if all of their planes are like this, I would fly SW more." After grabbing our bags, we headed to Hertz's President's Circle to pick out our car. Another perk of my traveling DH. We always rent the lowest class size and end up picking up a full size or better for no additional cost. We ended up with a Jeep. After getting our e-pass ready to go, we hit the road. We stopped at the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Landstar Blvd. for some milk, OJ, snacks, and breakfast foods then loaded up to head to Disney. It was close to 11 pm before we finally arrived at BLT. We somehow missed our first exit. Not sure how that happened. We did finally get to experience the bypass around the MK gates. That is nice.

Once we arrived, I had to go inside to ask for a bellman. (Wouldn't have been a big deal, but we bought a lot of groceries, including 2 cases of water.) I decided to head for the room (first floor) because DD had to pee so bad and my MB wouldn't let me in the room. This is the first time this has ever happened since beginning the online check-in. We headed back towards the lobby and DH said a bellman came out and started helping a car that arrived after us while he was still waiting. He said forget it and loaded up our little stroller the best he could. One pro for being on the first floor. We got our MBs fixed then headed to the room. We were all tired from traveling but needed to do a few organizational things before we could wind down. I called for our OL, which didn't take long at all to arrive, then needed to call for some extra pillows. After a little while they called back and said sorry it was taking so long, they had to go to the warehouse to get some! LOL. The lady who eventually brought them was so nice and friendly and apologetic and we weren't even upset. We finally got the kids wound down and they both agreed they wanted to us to wake them up early to go to MK (opens at 8). Somehow DH and I were both up at 6. Maybe we're even more excited than the kids! Our friends are already here and were texting us most of yesterday to hurry up!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote