home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Default We were Upgraded!!

It finally happened when we checked into BWV on May 14. After arriving at MCO from Newark, about noon, I received a text that our room was not ready. A quick Magical Express ride,then checked at the desk to see if they had any idea when our room would be ready. CM told me that 3100 was ready for us. I expected a garden view studio, but we were very surprised when we walked into a 1 bedroom. I was expecting a call saying they made a mistake, but no call came and we had a wonderful 5 nights there!! The washer and dryer especially came in handy with the intermittent "monsoon" type rains that came. We were prepared with rain jackets, extra sneakers and small umbrellas. We do need a water-proof backpack.
We own at BLT, which we love, especially when grand-kids are with us, but BW is also a favorite. I have no complaints about our stay there, the CM could not have been nicer or helpful.
We had a fun time in all the parks, despite the occasional showers. Crowds were manageable and we thought CM and other guests were very friendly.
We went to our first MM at AK, stayed till 12, actually walked a total of 14 miles that day, and had a fun time. Enjoyed the treats, the meet and greats and the 10 minute wait for Navi River. We had a FP for FOP earlier in evening.
We also visited Disney Springs for the first time, kind of felt like a mall, but oh the choices when you're looking for something to eat or drink.
Got home late last night, have a bit of the post Disney depression, but only 197 days until we return to BLT for our Holiday Visit.
This is why we love DVC, always planning another vacation!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Sounds like a wonderful trip, minus the rain! Congrats on the upgrade! That would be a nice little surprise for anyone, I expect. Next Disney countdown begins!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Wow! I've never heard of being upgraded to a 1 bedroom. We were just at BRV and our studio was ready by 10am and I thought that was great! Lol Our countdown is at 199 days... see you at MK

Last edited by capeokw56; 05-20-2018 at 06:27 PM.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Lucky duck! What a nice surprise! Sounds like you had a really nice trip.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

How wonderful! Pixie dust : is awesome!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Congrats! Just curious, seeing this is so rare, did they ever tell you a reason why you were upgraded?
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Actually this makes a bit of sense. 1BRs are the last to be reserved, and there's a lot of demand for studios. If they slipped up, or more likely took a cash reservation for a studio, they might well bump someone up to an empty 1BR.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Actually this makes a bit of sense. 1BRs are the last to be reserved, and there's a lot of demand for studios. If they slipped up, or more likely took a cash reservation for a studio, they might well bump someone up to an empty 1BR.
This, plus to upgrade could bring in people needing more points after side they fall in love with 1 bedrooms

Only upgrade we got was a view. Again on a studio that likely was needed elsewhere. Also at BWV
Old 05-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #9
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
My thoughts exactly. What a nice surprise!
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Excellent on the upgrade! Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote