home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #551
Boardwalk1998
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Boardwalk1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 32
Question HELP!! Is there a forum to sell WDW tickets?

I've never had to sell tickets that weren't going to be used but here I am 21 years later...

I had purchased 2 Adult, 3-Day Disney Theme Park tickets with Park Hopper back in March before a price increase. They are valid for any 3 Days from 11/26/2019 - 11/30/2019. We can no longer take this family trip during Thanksgiving (our FIRST grandbaby is due 12/03/19!), so I must sell the tickets.

Is there a specific forum or board where I can post this???

I want to make sure it's allowed on MO also so I don't get kicked out

Thanks!
__________________
Disney Vacation Club Member since 1998
Home Resorts: Boardwalk & Grand Floridian


Disney Shareholder since 1992

Disney Visa Cardholder since DAY 1
Boardwalk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #552
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk1998 View Post
I've never had to sell tickets that weren't going to be used but here I am 21 years later...

I had purchased 2 Adult, 3-Day Disney Theme Park tickets with Park Hopper back in March before a price increase. They are valid for any 3 Days from 11/26/2019 - 11/30/2019. We can no longer take this family trip during Thanksgiving (our FIRST grandbaby is due 12/03/19!), so I must sell the tickets.

Is there a specific forum or board where I can post this???

I want to make sure it's allowed on MO also so I don't get kicked out

Thanks!
Congratulations!

You don’t need to sell the tickets.

Disney will give you the value of those tickets towards others or an AP, as long as they’re unused.

If you bought them from Disney, upgrading them shouldn’t be a problem. If you bought from a 3rd party you may need to call and find out how you do it. You might find you need to do it once you arrive.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #553
Boardwalk1998
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Boardwalk1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 32
Default Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Congratulations!

You don’t need to sell the tickets.

Disney will give you the value of those tickets towards others or an AP, as long as they’re unused.

If you bought them from Disney, upgrading them shouldn’t be a problem. If you bought from a 3rd party you may need to call and find out how you do it. You might find you need to do it once you arrive.
Really???
I did purchase them via Undercover Tourist. Do you know if that is still possible to get their value back and use towards a future trip?

Thanks so much! I will also look into this.
__________________
Disney Vacation Club Member since 1998
Home Resorts: Boardwalk & Grand Floridian


Disney Shareholder since 1992

Disney Visa Cardholder since DAY 1
Boardwalk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #554
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk1998 View Post
Really???
I did purchase them via Undercover Tourist. Do you know if that is still possible to get their value back and use towards a future trip?

Thanks so much! I will also look into this.
You should definitely phone and ask. You can certainly upgrade tickets bought elsewhere, and also bridge them towards the cost of an AP. They may also only credit you with the price they sold them to UT for, rather than the gate price at the time you bought them.

It may be that you can only do it when you arrive. But that’s still better than losing the money.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #555
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk1998 View Post
Really???
I did purchase them via Undercover Tourist. Do you know if that is still possible to get their value back and use towards a future trip?

Thanks so much! I will also look into this.
The tickets will keep their current gate value to use anytime you are ready to buy new tickets. As mentioned you might have to do that in person though but you could always call and see if you could do it on advance.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software