home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Given the precursor Epcot announcement I am excited for the full discussion of the Epcot makeover - so overdue. I am assuming Moana is the redo of the Living Sea pavilion which is sadly run down.
I read it's going where Innoventions West is.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #22
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Given the precursor Epcot announcement I am excited for the full discussion of the Epcot makeover - so overdue. I am assuming Moana is the redo of the Living Sea pavilion which is sadly run down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I read it's going where Innoventions West is.

Yup, apparently the Moana water leads to the Living Seas.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #23
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Seems to me that the big "secret" is a marketing tool to counter the bad press Disney has gotten for the way they treat their employees (outsourced IT, low wages, etc). I don't object to it, and it might actually be fun to watch, but my general reaction is .
Old 08-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedeesmom View Post
Seems to me that the big "secret" is a marketing tool to counter the bad press Disney has gotten for the way they treat their employees (outsourced IT, low wages, etc). I don't object to it, and it might actually be fun to watch, but my general reaction is .
The announcement of the big secret announcement came within 1-2 days of Universal's big secret announcement.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #25
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I totally agree that the announcement is a huge disappointment considering what we all imagined it could have been about.

But if you leave out the big announcement disappointment, after seeing a few previews of what the show will be about, I think it looks interesting. Shame on Disney for getting our hopes up, but I will watch the show.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #26
zafiro
Two Bedroom

I was able to go to the D23 “Sneak Peak! Disney Parks, Experiences and Products” event hosted by Bob Chapek this morning. I am blown away!!! There is so much investment, improvement and implementation of crazy cool imagineering going on in the near term through 2023 throughout the Disney business segments. The Epcot transformation, Park additions, resorts and resort experiences, and the IT upgrades for DIS products across the globe are going to launch Disney Parks, Resorts, Cruises, and events to the top for decades.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #27
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaedeesmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The announcement of the big secret announcement came within 1-2 days of Universal's big secret announcement.

Yeah, it makes it even more disappointing that the competition is:

1) Universal unveiling a new theme park.
2) Disney announcing a new film that feels like a marketing tool to counter the bad press that came from their poor treatment of employees.

Universal definitely has the win for most interesting "secret."
Old 08-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #28
bostonRob
Grand Villa

No doubt that Documentary will show the real things cast members say and think on their home.....
Old 08-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #29
carolina_yankee
Administrator

You all do know that that the "Day in the Life" of Disney CMs was never intended to be a counter to Universal, right?

I think most of the hype is form Disney fans on various boards letting their imaginations run wild.

Between now and the 2030, especially in the run up to the 50th, Disney is going to be investing billions after billions into Florida, and all of their theme parks. There's never going to be a big "Hey this is what we're doing (but let's skip any actual information)" Universal-style announcement.

There's going to be little "Hey this is what we're doing (but let's skip any actual information) Disney-style announcements all over the place every time Disney wants to refreshen the news cycle.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote