home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
brewsard2
One Bedroom

Default ADR Anxiety

Today is the day I can make my ADR's for our January trip, and I must confess I was stressed in a different way than usual. Today was about figuring out which dining locations are best suited during COVID...high ceilings, outdoor dining option, general allowable space, picking a perceived low attendance time...

It was disappointing. Not a log of "magic" feeling to it.
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Another option is to cut the stress and play it by ear- just do what's comfortable when you're there.

You have much control over your own "magic" by minimizing uber-planning, especially in a time of such uncertainty. Much of the stree we have in life we bring upon ourselves.

Cheers.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Another option is to cut the stress and play it by ear- just do what's comfortable when you're there.

You have much control over your own "magic" by minimizing uber-planning, especially in a time of such uncertainty. Much of the stree we have in life we bring upon ourselves.

Cheers.
Very true.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
brewsard2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
I agree with you. We really do plan to go day by day, but I always like to have options! We have a 1BDR so most meals may be in the room, in our own space.
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
LauraLea
One Bedroom

There is always Grubhub, etc. Many options for delivery if you just do not feel comfortable with your options.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #6
E2ME2
One Bedroom

My ADR for the 1st week of my 2021 stay opened today, and I was successful at getting dinner for the 2 of us at TOPOLINO's on 1/4/21!
We have not seen RIV or taken the SkyLiner yet, so we are looking forward to this! We also had a wait-list come through that puts us in BWV that week, so we will be close to RIV/Skyliner & DHS & EPCOT!
A little Pixie Dust - feels nice
Old 11-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #7
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Need to be doing this but still not sure about going in January...DH does not want to go but one of my kids does and a friend said she would go!

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:54 PM   #8
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Need to be doing this but still not sure about going in January...DH does not want to go but one of my kids does and a friend said she would go!
Is it the January weather, or still concerned over COVID ??
We've been going in January for several years, and really enjoy it.
Mostly because it's our escape from winter in MD.
I usually can don shorts & a polo during the day in January, but a couple nights there have been frigid. Still - couldn't go swimming or even enjoy sitting in the hot-tub here in MD most Januarys.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post

I would book ADRs regardless. You just cancel the ADR if you decide against a trip to WDW.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #10
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Disney seats every other table. I did not find it to be uncomfortable or an issue. And, I tend to over obsess! Temperatures are taken at all dining establishments. Saff wear face shields and masks.