home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #51
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Thanks to feedback from other MO's even at prior Oct F&W MO meetups - Our DD learned that there are a LOT of economical ways to do weddings at WDW. The wedding chapel at GFV is lottery level but renting out space in the World Showcase isn't that outrageous. So there's still hope for your DD! Our DD's can chat about it at the meetup if they join in for the T-Day meetup.

My Dad and his wife were looking at swapping a DHS day and now it's sold out thru Monday after T-Day (we and they leave Tuesday). Given how sold out DHS is right now and that week - HOW CAN DISNEY NOT BE EXTENDING DHS'S HOURS? HOW? WHO CARES ABOUT AN EXTRA 4 HOURS AT AK!!!
Playing Devil’s advocate here, if DHS is booked up to capacity then it’s mission accomplished for Disney. Extending hours elsewhere may encourage local AP holders, for example, to book for the park with extended hours.

Extending hours at DHS, even if it is “full”, isn’t necessarily going to help since everyone will still turn up in time for the 10am BG frenzy. And I’m not convinced that extending the hours will help with spreading out the crowds because it just means people are more likely to stick around since they can’t go anywhere else, hence wait times will remain high all day.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #52
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks to feedback from other MO's even at prior Oct F&W MO meetups - Our DD learned that there are a LOT of economical ways to do weddings at WDW. The wedding chapel at GFV is lottery level but renting out space in the World Showcase isn't that outrageous. So there's still hope for your DD! Our DD's can chat about it at the meetup if they join in for the T-Day meetup.

My Dad and his wife were looking at swapping a DHS day and now it's sold out thru Monday after T-Day (we and they leave Tuesday). Given how sold out DHS is right now and that week - HOW CAN DISNEY NOT BE EXTENDING DHS'S HOURS? HOW? WHO CARES ABOUT AN EXTRA 4 HOURS AT AK!!!
That sounds like fun!! Yes, any tips would be great. I think that if you rent space in a park you are required to have transportation waiting for guests. All this items to consider.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving!!

I laughed about Studios. Passionate!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #53
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Playing Devilís advocate here, if DHS is booked up to capacity then itís mission accomplished for Disney. Extending hours elsewhere may encourage local AP holders, for example, to book for the park with extended hours.

Extending hours at DHS, even if it is ďfullĒ, isnít necessarily going to help since everyone will still turn up in time for the 10am BG frenzy. And Iím not convinced that extending the hours will help with spreading out the crowds because it just means people are more likely to stick around since they canít go anywhere else, hence wait times will remain high all day.
Extending the hours later in the day does improve ride waits b/c ride waits decline throughout the day as people leave the parks and no-park-hopping means no one takes their places. If you look at the ride wait charts - it would likely add 2 hours of reasonable waits if DHS were open until 9p instead of 7p.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #54
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Me. I know itís frustrating for the HS fans, but Iíd take extra hours at AK over HS any day.
i'm not throwing shade at AK - it is just that you can do all the rides in about 3-4 hours w/ reasonable waits. So unless you want to ride all the rides (there just aren't that many at AK) 2x - the extra 4 hours just means you can show up at 4p and likely do a full circuit. And since the safari shuts down at sunset (530p for T-Day) it doesn't buy you any extra animal viewing time for instance.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:13 PM   #55
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
i'm not throwing shade at AK - it is just that you can do all the rides in about 3-4 hours w/ reasonable waits. So unless you want to ride all the rides (there just aren't that many at AK) 2x - the extra 4 hours just means you can show up at 4p and likely do a full circuit. And since the safari shuts down at sunset (530p for T-Day) it doesn't buy you any extra animal viewing time for instance.
I hope you didn’t take me wrong....my response was meant to be a fun, snarky response seeing you were so passionate about HS but I fear it didn’t come across correctly. Totally get your reasoning for more time to get on rides. For us rides aren’t that important. We enjoy all the nooks and crannies of AK and have often run out of time at closing before we completed all our explorations. Hopefully they will make more adjustments for you at HS during the holidays.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #56
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
You probably could do that too at DHS if 1) The rides stayed up and running and 2) there were enough interesting ones to spread out the crowd.

(and I'm just kidding. We spend quite a bit of time at DHS although it's become such a madhouse now with Star Wars it's dropped our enthusiasim a bit as weird as that may sound. And I still get incredibly sad at Christmas time being there with no Osborne lights.)
Old 10-18-2020, 01:47 AM   #57
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I hope you didnít take me wrong....my response was meant to be a fun, snarky response seeing you were so passionate about HS but I fear it didnít come across correctly. Totally get your reasoning for more time to get on rides. For us rides arenít that important. We enjoy all the nooks and crannies of AK and have often run out of time at closing before we completed all our explorations. Hopefully they will make more adjustments for you at HS during the holidays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You probably could do that too at DHS if 1) The rides stayed up and running and 2) there were enough interesting ones to spread out the crowd.

(and I'm just kidding. We spend quite a bit of time at DHS although it's become such a madhouse now with Star Wars it's dropped our enthusiasim a bit as weird as that may sound. And I still get incredibly sad at Christmas time being there with no Osborne lights.)
No worries about the AK comment - I mean some people do love it!

And DHS and Epcot and AK the lack of enough A rides is absolutely an issue - I mean it's great that the Guardians roller coaster and the Tron coaster are coming to WDW but honestly - they should have put both in DHS!
Old 10-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #58
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
We enjoy all the nooks and crannies of AK and have often run out of time at closing before we completed all our explorations.
Wife and I can easily spend a whole day at AK and then realize that we only went on two rides and we didn't even bother going to Pandora. Way too many cool things to see there.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #59
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

I am also hoping that HS will get longer hours ASAP. I am glad to see AK having longer, since we have 2 days planned there in Nov, but we have 2 or 3 days at HS, and once we move to BWV mid week, we hope to be able to go back in the evenings, and hope ride wait times are lower.

HS has 3 of my son's favorite rides in all of Disney, (ToT, RnRC, SR) and with short hours, and crazy wait times, it was so un-fun that we changed our second day in Oct to AK, and even there we never got on FoP, which is also a fave. we always enjoy the animal treks, well kids and I do, DH not so much, I personally want opening a lot earlier, so rope drop will mean something again.

so basically we want all parks to have longer hours, but the 10-7 at HS, puts you there at the hottest times of the day! and little time to get back to hotel and then back again in the evenings.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #60
richviii
Two Bedroom

Of course we got new dates for DW and DD for their APs so I was able to make them a reservation as an AP. I am out of luck without a resort reservation. So hoping to make something to snag a reservation and then book a room at our home resort, BLT. Someone already posted that people are walking standard studios for the 50th. I canít decide if I want to splurge on a theme park view or even a 1BR. I would hope fireworks are back by then?

Recent
2020 Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote