home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Default Borrowed points ?

I made a reservation for November to attend our nieces wedding in Orlando before Covid. To make this reservation, I borrowed points.

Now the wedding has been postponed until next year.

DH and I still want to go but we don't need the larger room because our kids are not coming.

If I modify the reservation, will the borrowed points stay in my current UY?

I would like to use them for a spring reservation. These points were borrowed before the 50% restriction went into effect.

Upcoming Trips:
11/14 - 11/20 OKW
3/21 - 3/26 Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
MOTed
One Bedroom

Normally the borrowed points would stay in the current UY. I would call MS to explain the situation and see what they could do for you.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:13 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

As mentioned normally the borrowed points would stay in your UY but DVC has been returning borrowed points to their original UY for several months. AFAIK they still are but you could call MS to verify before you make any change.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTed View Post
Normally the borrowed points would stay in the current UY. I would call MS to explain the situation and see what they could do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
As mentioned normally the borrowed points would stay in your UY but DVC has been returning borrowed points to their original UY for several months. AFAIK they still are but you could call MS to verify before you make any change.
Thanks!

I called MS last night. Wait time was 25 minutes.

They told me that since I borrowed my points before the 50% restriction went into effect, I was under the old rules. So, my points will stay in the current UY, which works out well for our plans.

She did say they are being lenient now and if I had wanted to move them back to their original UY, I could request it. But it would have to be approved by a manager.

Upcoming Trips:
11/14 - 11/20 OKW
3/21 - 3/26 Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #5
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
Thanks!

I called MS last night. Wait time was 25 minutes.

They told me that since I borrowed my points before the 50% restriction went into effect, I was under the old rules. So, my points will stay in the current UY, which works out well for our plans.

She did say they are being lenient now and if I had wanted to move them back to their original UY, I could request it. But it would have to be approved by a manager.
Uh - that's new and I kind of doubt it. ie - I think they'd be moved back without an issue. If they're still moving them then they're still moving them and it had been happening automatically for quite a few weeks now. Maybe done on Thursdays? It seemed to be one day a week they moved them back.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #6
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Uh - that's new and I kind of doubt it. ie - I think they'd be moved back without an issue. If they're still moving them then they're still moving them and it had been happening automatically for quite a few weeks now. Maybe done on Thursdays? It seemed to be one day a week they moved them back.
I had cancelled and some were borrowed points by not many so I didn't fret and thought I will see how things go...they were there then a couple weeks later they moved them...I did not ask.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:00 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Ask to have a supervisor approve restoring the points. I just had a similar issue. CM was not very helpful, gave me an excuse. I asked if she could discuss it with a supervisor and points were returned to original UY!