home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Doing Disney After DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #11
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Taking the grandkids is wonderful.....for us, its rediscovering all the things that we have taken for granted over the many trips since 2005. For example, when is the last time when visiting Epcot you actually went in and explored each pavilion? There are some many things we do now that are habit or part of a routine.....the grandkids have us getting out of those habits.
I do look forward to exactly what you are saying. We spent so many years touring the parks "commando-style" that I think I will enjoy rediscovering the passed-by things. Slowing it down, visiting the parks through a different lens, seems like a good reason to keep some of my DVC points. Hopefully I will get to do so at some point.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #12
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
We have downsized, selling all of our SSR and VWL contracts, but still own at VGF, BCV, and BLT. Lately, we have been renting out points to pay for our cruises. My younger son (junior in college) is expecting me to take his kids to Disney, so maybe that's why I haven't sold all of my points. I am considering selling one more contract once those reservations are done. We haven't been to a WDW park in several years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Taking the grandkids is wonderful.....for us, its rediscovering all the things that we have taken for granted over the many trips since 2005. For example, when is the last time when visiting Epcot you actually went in and explored each pavilion? There are some many things we do now that are habit or part of a routine.....the grandkids have us getting out of those habits.
I think DVC is fantastic for grandkids. It's such a great way to treat the family. Definitely being a childless couple factored into our decision. We've kind of milked DVC for all we could for us and don't really have anybody else to spoil with it.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote