home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Default Disneyland Magic Morning????

Guys, trying to decide value Magic Morning at Disneyland.

We arrive at Midnight Pacific time on Wednesday Oct. 26. Staying at Grand Cali.

We will have all day Friday and all day Thursday at the parks. We fly out to Hawaii at 10am on Saturday morning so really only 2 full days.

The issue is you only get a MagicMorning pass if you purchase a 3 day ticket which is prices at $301 each. 2 Day pass is $240 each. So, that is a $183 difference.

Is it worth it?

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post

We will have all day Friday and all day Thursday at the parks. We fly out to Hawaii at 10am on Saturday morning so really only 2 full days.

The issue is you only get a MagicMorning pass if you purchase a 3 day ticket which is prices at $301 each. 2 Day pass is $240 each. So, that is a $183 difference.

Is it worth it?
Onsite gets Magic Morning no matter what the ticket. What you are reading about is for people staying offsite to get Magic Morning which is done at DL, unlike WDW.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
MagicJourneys
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Onsite gets Magic Morning no matter what the ticket. What you are reading about is for people staying offsite to get Magic Morning which is done at DL, unlike WDW.
Yep, you just need to show a room key and that gets you in.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
fluke
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:

Is it worth it?
Also want to point out staying onsite you get early admission to California Adventure on Friday Morning. This is only for those staying at onsite hotels.
fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

You guys just made my day! WOW! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY WDW Visits...

Old 03-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

Just returned from DL Resort and had a problem with my 3 Day tickets(family of 5) purchased online with Disney to get 3 day / 1 early morn entry.
We were refused entry on final morn at DCA Sunday.
Apparently the fine print does not include Disney Resort meaning DL and/ or DCA. It was an extra one hour morn for hotel guests only at DCA.
Disney retains the right to determine if it will be a Magic Morning or an Extra Magic Hour according to hotel capacity or something they could not even explain technically. Apparently you are supposed to know to ask in advance what Disney will be calling the day you plan to enter but they have all legal rights to do whatever they want. I was treated rather harshly by the DCA cast member with the key that unlocks the padlocked gates Sunday Morn. When I showed her the fine print offered at time of sale online she agreed the terminology was "vague" and would bring this to Disney attention at next meeting and oh by the way go
stand in line over there at DL..., Not their early morn .
So kinda feel ripped off by Disney.
When I went inside DL the line at City Hall guest relations looked to be about one hour long so decided
complaining was not worth my time.

Last edited by MMC1; 03-23-2017 at 03:25 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
milesjamie
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
We were refused entry on final morn at DCA Sunday.
I'm sorry you had that experience! Yes, I did notice last time that the DCA early entry is only for on-site guests -- and that the 3-day general off-site magic morning is only for the days it is offered at DLR.

It was moot in our case (we were on-site) but there was a huge difference in crowds between the early entry at the two parks. DCA was basically empty for that hour (in Feb).
milesjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

I skip it, unless I have a ticket that is more than 2 days (then I might do it one day).
The main reason I skip it, is that it tends to be much more crowded than the non early entry day.
This is especially true for the Magic Kingdom, which allows one early entry to everyone who had a 3 day or longer ticket.

I do like to be in the California Adventure on its early entry day, although I like the size of the line for the hotel park entry on the non early entry days, as I can arrive only a few minutes before they start letting people into the park, and the line is very short. (It had only 2 families in it the last time I used it).
I also get more sleep and still arrive soon enough to be near the front of the line when they start letting people in, IF it is an hour later.

Because so many things are closed, I just could not justify more than 2 days for my last few trips. But I may be going too often.

IF I have a 3 day park hopper, I will do the early entry for the California adventure, one of the days, and then maybe hop to the Magic Kingdom.
More of my favorites are in the California Adventure than the Magic Kingdom.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Now I am back to being confused...

So, if I am staying at the Grand Californian do I get to enter the parks early or not?

MY WDW Visits...

Old 03-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Now I am back to being confused...

So, if I am staying at the Grand Californian do I get to enter the parks early or not?
Yes you do - as many days as you want to do the early entry to either park.

Any other discussions are involving people staying offsite and requiring having it on their tickets.