home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #171
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicriseg View Post
I don't hate it, it's just at the bottom of my list. The theme doesn't do it for me. The point chart seems higher than other resorts. And of the resorts in that general area (VGF, BLT, Poly), the transportation is probably the least convenient. I wouldn't choose it over BLT, where you can walk to MK, or Poly, where you can walk to TTC and take direct monorails out to MK or Epcot.
I get it.....

And I did say they both have a similar theme/decor, which ties it back to what you just said about not liking the theme.

On a side note, transportation to/from VGF is our biggest gripe about the resort. We still love it though.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #172
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

SSR, BLT, PVB and VGF have no appeal for us, especially when all 5 are traveling. In the future that might change when the party size shrinks.
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #173
debabe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicriseg View Post

BWV: Parts of this hotel are probably in another zip code.

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #174
Pammyroo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Poly does it for us

Reasons for loving Poly: 1) it's on the monorail, 2) it may have lighting issues, I LOVE the theming, 3) I can watch the MK fireworks & electrical light parade with my toes in some sand, 4) I'm not sitting on top of one of my kids - we're a family of 5 and their rooms fit us, 6) Trader Sams, 7) I, personally, just feel totally relaxed, like I'm at a tropical island resort, 8) the quiet pool bar, 9) the wafting smell of deliciousness in the evening, 10) the staff has always been warm and gracious whenever I've approached them, 11) The salutations to the sun, 12) Pineapple Lanai, 13) Kona Cafe, 14) Kona coffee.

Granted, my exposure to many of the DVCs is limited (other than checking them out), but BLT was SO sterile, OKW was just OK (though DH loves taking the boat to DTD), rooms at WL are small for us (and there are not towels/linens for a 5th, although the would 'allow' a 5th).

I'm hoping to stay at BCV (although I know we're going to be as cramped as WL) & AKL on our next visit (1 BE). Fingers crossed.
Pammyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #175
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

We just came home from a short trip and stayed at BWV. I love the overall location, and the closeness to both Epcot and HS...and we liked our standard studio and enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. The Big River Grill on property is probably one of the cheaper restaurants on property and offers good food. The community center was wonderful and we got some good use out of both pools, however, all it took was a dinner at the Wilderness Lodge and I was pulled back in. The new outside bar area is wonderful and the inside of the lodge is just incredible. The smallness of the VWL is a complete bonus in my mind. I just love it there.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #176
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Hey- where is the negativity?

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
POP! 10/11-10/15/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #177
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I get it.....

And I did say they both have a similar theme/decor, which ties it back to what you just said about not liking the theme.

On a side note, transportation to/from VGF is our biggest gripe about the resort. We still love it though.
I agree with VGF Transport. We will not do EPCOT when staying there...and they need to have Monorail running both ways....

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #178
DonJose
One Bedroom

For me, the least desirable WDW DVC resort to book is AKL. The main reasons:

1. The theme does nothing for me. It's beautifully themed, and has great restaurants and amenities, but it's not for me.
2. I love water views. This resort does not have them (unless you get the pool view).
3. You have to rely on buses / driving to go anywhere else. Walking is not an option. No boat rides or lakes / canals / rivers.

All the other resorts offer walking or boating to the parks or Disney Springs. From VGF, I could walk to the Poly and take alternate transportation (not counting on the monorail or GF ferry). CCV / BRV offer water views and I just love the theme. You can also walk to Fort Wilderness. OKW and SSR are a boat ride away / walking distance from Disney Springs. The advantages for BLT, BCV, and BWV are self-explanatory.

DonJose is offline   Reply With Quote