home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #21
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
Thought I would come back and report outcome. I was able to cancel reservation and points went into holding good for current use year, non bankable and able to use within 60 days. Daughter's boyfriend is due home this weekend and so they pushed their vacation out a week. The negative was that the following week point values for Aulani jumped quite a bit per night/different season. The good news was that they did have a room available. The only availability was for a one bedroom ocean view and so it ate the holding points plus plus. I'm still happy they get to go, I don't need to mess around with holding points and they should have a fabulous time.

Aulani's point seasons are very strange. Not sure how they reasoned the reallocation of the seasons - perhaps it has to do with Japanese holidays but it is obvious from looking at availability calendar that the weekends sure go fast and there's a lot of mid week availability. There is no point increase for weekend stays and wonder if another point reallocation will be necessary in the future.

Edit to add: Alaska Airlines was super about rearranging the flights. There was no change fee and they also let me use the companion fare when it clearly states no changes are allowed. They did ask for some verification of deployment last min extension.
Very nice of you to report back. I'm so happy that this all worked out in your favor and your daughter and her BF will be able to travel and have some special time together. Wonderful!

Weekends at Aulani definitely book up super fast! It will be interesting to see how availability pans out at Aulani once the resort sells out. I think to get dates in the summer the 11 month owner window will be necessary, but I guess we will see.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Thanks. I cant tell you how happy I am they get to go. We flew up to Alaska last weekend to help them move into their new place and I could tell my daughter was about done living in AK alone. It was a hard winter for both kids at only 22 years old. Getting to go to Hawaii is something they've really looked forward to.

Yes the points needed for high season are brutal. April is a really strange month with one week being lower season and then another with much higher. Next Friday is 50 points for one bedroom and next sat cost 62 for the same room . We are in the process of purchasing a small subsidized Aulani contract to be able to use for a hotel stay low seasons every other year. Seems like the hotel rooms and standard 3 bedroom villas go really fast at the 11 month mark. My goal is to save enough for a standard 3 bedroom for family trips every couple years. Need to own Aulani in order to get those rooms. I just need Aulani subsidized contracts to stick around until I reach my savings goal! I've been seeing less and less of them come up.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote