home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #101
D&MourDVC
Studio

Copper creek villas at the wilderness lodge
D&MourDVC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #102
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
I'll come! When are we going ???

Seriously, I miss the 9 yo stage. Enjoy every last second. All too soon he will find you a bit boring. He will disappear into his room to play video games and you will only see him when he comes out to hit the fridge. Then he will discover girls and he's gone.
1st full week of June

I really enjoy this age with my son. Sure we do have video games, but we play them together. He spends only time to get ready and sleep in his room. He's a lot of fun right now. It's his fault that we have two trip planned so close together
Old 03-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #103
Boundin'
Grand Villa

DVC renovates rooms and downgrades them and removes amenities that were purchased assuming they would be there for the life of the contract. If they don't have to play by the rules, no one else should have to either. Put 10 people in the room.

Boppity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
POP! 10/11-10/15/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #104
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Keep stalking and start your wait lists as well. As soon as general booking opens for CCV, (April 26?) you should see a mad scramble of people changing reservations to try the "new" resort. Those first few days will be prime stalking time! If I were you, I'd call in sick to work and just stalk the RAT...
But seriously, good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
This is really good advice. When CCV opens it will be a mad house of churning reservations. I wouldn't be surprised if the site crashes a few times that day. I would definitely take a day off work and stalk the RAT.
Did you set up WLs? BWV pool-garden view would be a good WL, for the other BRV or Poly if you have the points. If you set up WLs, I would call MS and explain your situation and what you are trying to accomplish. If WLs fill at the same time you are manually booking rooms, you really want them to know what you are trying to do. When a WL fills, the room is held but the last step of the process is manual. If they know what you want, then you won't get into a situation where they either borrow points giving you 2 rooms, or release a room that you want to keep. Also note that sometimes they just sit on a WL with the room held because they don't know what you want. You have to call so they can make sure they do it properly. I have had this happen twice. Once I noticed the WL disappeared from my open WL page, so I called. Another time I called for something else. The WL had filled that day but it hadn't been worked yet and they were not sure what I wanted.
You mentioned 1BR, have you considered AKV or OKW? Both are low point 1 BR that sleep 5.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #105
Goofy85
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
This is really good advice. When CCV opens it will be a mad house of churning reservations. I wouldn't be surprised if the site crashes a few times that day. I would definitely take a day off work and stalk the RAT.
Did you set up WLs? BWV pool-garden view would be a good WL, for the other BRV or Poly if you have the points. If you set up WLs, I would call MS and explain your situation and what you are trying to accomplish. If WLs fill at the same time you are manually booking rooms, you really want them to know what you are trying to do. When a WL fills, the room is held but the last step of the process is manual. If they know what you want, then you won't get into a situation where they either borrow points giving you 2 rooms, or release a room that you want to keep. Also note that sometimes they just sit on a WL with the room held because they don't know what you want. You have to call so they can make sure they do it properly. I have had this happen twice. Once I noticed the WL disappeared from my open WL page, so I called. Another time I called for something else. The WL had filled that day but it hadn't been worked yet and they were not sure what I wanted.
You mentioned 1BR, have you considered AKV or OKW? Both are low point 1 BR that sleep 5.
Reallly good advice on stalking the RAT when copper creek opens up. I will hold out and hope something opens up for us in July and August. Annual passes expire mid August so we need to use 181 points by then. Taking the winter 'off' until use year comes around again.

I am confident we will get back in to BWV by slowly putting together reservations as they become available. I successfully put together an smite week at GF in less than 3 months last summer. Had to stalk the RAT pretty tight, but I did it!

I considered a 1 bedroom, but we want to try and get more for our points.