home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #181
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
So you should have bought the Ritz vacation club option and then you would have a "deluxe resort"

You bought at Disney which will never truly be "deluxe" (it takes more than calling yourself Deluxe to make it a true deluxe)

This is the new standard for hotels and is coming soon to real deluxe hotels. It's time to accept and move on folks!
Now, Now play nice.
WDW is still my happy place and soap it NOT the determining factor.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #182
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Now, Now play nice.
Agreed!
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #183
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwdude View Post
I assume the product is still the deluxe stuff, but doubt that housekeeping will keep the pumps or the holder clean, which is my concern. And what about the lotion? I know at Poly and GF they give lotion bottles, i forget whether they do at the others.
They do, and thatís one of the products I actually use. I like to keep it in my travel bag for work.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #184
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
So you should have bought the Ritz vacation club option and then you would have a "deluxe resort"

You bought at Disney which will never truly be "deluxe" (it takes more than calling yourself Deluxe to make it a true deluxe)

This is the new standard for hotels and is coming soon to real deluxe hotels. It's time to accept and move on folks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Now, Now play nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyAmy View Post
Agreed!
CarolA is being fair - Disney resorts are not Deluxe by the standards of true 4 and 5 star resorts and hotels. Some upscale chains are moving to dispensers, as well.

This is hardly plastic dispensers of unidentifiable goo at the local gym, yet that's how it's being treated here. If hyperbole can go in one direction ("I don't want to stay in a gym!"), it can go in another.

Good Lord, to read some of these posts here, people will die from bacterial infections because of this change! (Yes, intentional hyperbole to prove a point.)

My own perspective is that "deluxe" isn't in the mechanism dispensing the goo most people don't like because they are attached to their own brands, but the quality of goo, which again most people don't like because they are attached to their own brands. I like the goo. I'm glad there is less risk of running out. If it's filthy when I check in, I'll let housekeeping know. Along with my report of loose faucets, jammed drawers, and cabinet doors hanging off their hinges (all events reported at SSR - a "deluxe resort" - in the last 18 months; and yet, it's one of my faves and we had a wonderful trip).

The reality is, some are upset by this. Others aren't. The upset is based on emotion and fear, not fact. Over time, we'll begin to gather facts if housekeeping fails to keep up with these, but for now, it's too early to tell.

Otherwise, Disney is doing the exact same thing some other upscale chains are doing.

Dirk
Old 06-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #185
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I am amazed at how upset people are that they can't stock up to supply themselves with shampoo/lotion etc until their next visit. IMHO that's never been the role of these miniatures so complaining that "I can't supply my home" really isn't going to make Disney change their mind!

Having seen a lot of information lately on the problems caused by plastic pollution (including cute little hotel samples) I am happy Disney is doing something to address the issue. (And I think I may just write and tell them so to offset the "sky is falling" writers ) No most of us are not recycling these products we are just throwing them in the trash (yes I am one of the guilty. My solution has been not to use them or bring them home. I even travel with my own soap bar now!)
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #186
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
I am amazed at how upset people are that they can't stock up to supply themselves with shampoo/lotion etc until their next visit. IMHO that's never been the role of these miniatures so complaining that "I can't supply my home" really isn't going to make Disney change their mind!

Having seen a lot of information lately on the problems caused by plastic pollution (including cute little hotel samples) I am happy Disney is doing something to address the issue. (And I think I may just write and tell them so to offset the "sky is falling" writers ) No most of us are not recycling these products we are just throwing them in the trash (yes I am one of the guilty. My solution has been not to use them or bring them home. I even travel with my own soap bar now!)
Funny, I really donít see many posts that the reason people are Ďcomplainingí is because they ďcanít supply my homeĒ on the contrary many other reasons mainly hygiene, cleanliness and will mousekeeping remember to keep them filled.

This is really the only place Iíve read of so call problems caused by plastic hotel samples. Those samples as it has been discussed are used many times by charible organizations to give to the homeless or sent over seas to third word countries.

I am not against the large containers because I need to supply my home, I donít like the large containers for various reasons.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #187
carolina_yankee
Administrator

People have different reasons for not liking the change. Both sides of the issue have to accept that others feel differently.

Because people feel differently about this, when a person posts a reason why they don't like it, they have to accept that others will post either a) why they aren't convinced by that reason, b) why they disagree with that reason, or c) why they think that person is right.

It's OK to post a disagreeing viewpoint, but that also comes with inherent willingness to be challenged.

As with every change, there is a bit of "sky is falling" in some posts criticizing the change because we don't have any data on the future. If it becomes a problem, complain to the relevant authorities about the problem and hold them accountable.

Some others don't like the change because of the "look." While I understand that, the world is changing on that score. I'm still miffed that cars don't have tail fins. I'm still miffed that cars don't have tail fins anymore and look like jelly beans.

Some don't like the change because they took the soaps and gave them away to the homeless. Laudible. Don't have an answer for that one. I suspect the vast majority don't, though, and most of those bottles end up in landfills, so it becomes a cost-benefit question.

I personally think it's a neutral change. Others disagree with me. We should all be allowed to see it differently, but it should either be based on facts or personal preference not supposition and claims to universal taste.

Dirk
Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #188
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
.and if I wanted to be in a gym shower I would not buy at a Deluxe Resort. I expect deluxe amenities and supplies.
EXACTLY! And, that is what I told them! I said the fixture was more in line with a gym or spa, not a deluxe resort!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:45 AM   #189
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Actually it should be easier to stock up your home supply now compared to having to hope for housekeeping to give you an extra little bottle or two.

But I also haven't actually seen that as an argument because it would be a silly one as this provides a larger supply.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #190
The Crusher
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconner View Post
I am gonna wreck your day... sorry in advance

No more Fin Du Monde. Apparently it has been discontinued at Disney (per the girl at the Canada cart over our Memorial weekend trip). Sad, sad day.
The Crusher is....... crushed.