home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #11
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Yep, direct pricing is going up on Jan 17. BLT is increasing from $185 to $191 per point.
At the very least buying before the price hike might pay for the closing costs. I may be putting in a call to our guide too. In my case I would like BCV points and I think they are going up $20 per point.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #12
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

I like to use this link to keep track of listing prices:

https://www.disneydvcresale.com/

I know listing doesn't equal actual and final price depends on a lot of other things, but it does seem to track relative values over time. Maybe it will help you decide.
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #13
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Own where you want to stay.

'nuff said.
Agreed!

There is a small part of me that is curious what your use year is for those small OKW contracts. I wouldn't mind a few more points there myself
Old 01-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #14
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Default I would sell the OKW and purchase BLT

We decided to sell our 130 SSR points and one of our 50 VWL (now BRV) contracts in order to purchase more VGF points. It was our best DVC decision in a long time.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #15
bakerworld
Grand Villa

While I am sure it is irritating to deal with 7 month reservations, the fact that both OKW contracts are stripped is indicating that you've been successful in using them elsewhere. IDK, I wonder if you should hold onto them. Obviously at 7 months you are not going to be able to get the SV BL but does the math compute to sell 50 pts to purchase 35 pts (my estimation) so you'd have access to BL SV (with LV being nicer than SV)?

I admit we did purchase a small pt contract at BC to be able to book in the fall however we routinely use our AK and BL pts to stay in BC and PV at other times of the year (haven't stayed at BL since 2013).
Old 01-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Agreed!

There is a small part of me that is curious what your use year is for those small OKW contracts. I wouldn't mind a few more points there myself
I think they are September UY. And I feel her pain. September isn't easy to find at any of the resorts.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I think they are September UY. And I feel her pain. September isn't easy to find at any of the resorts.
I missed that in a subsequent post. Wouldn't want it anyway as I like to keep them all under one membership. Oh well...
Old 01-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
I missed that in a subsequent post. Wouldn't want it anyway as I like to keep them all under one membership. Oh well...
One of the resale brokers sent an email today about small March and April contracts if that helps any...
Old 01-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #19
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
One of the resale brokers sent an email today about small March and April contracts if that helps any...
LOL, sadly no it would be June. I really don't need more points but something about a 25 or so point contract would be nice. I did see a 30 point one last year, and should've gotten it but I hesitated too long.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #20
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Agreed!

This is something I've wondered about for a while. What is the procedure for selling a contract without involving a broker? Given a community such as this (or other boards), it seems like there'd be a decent market for buying and selling without having to fork over a commission. How hard is it to For Sale By Owner DVC?