home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
N C State Tigger
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default 2018 DDP. QS and alcoholic drinks

The 2018 DDP plans now includes adult beverages.

Just wondering what options there are with the quick service plan? Remember seeing beer in some of the resort QS locations, but are there other options? Where? Not beer drinkers, but occasionally a glass of wine or mixed drink.
Any theme park locations?
N C State Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
ssconner

They have included the little mini bottles of wine, kahula, margarita, etc but by far the widest selection of beers (foreign and domestic). These are in the coolers at the resort quick service places. At the parks it just depends on what restaurant you choose... we were at Satuli Canteen today and they had decent beer/wine selection. So far, we are most definitely getting our money's worth with the addition of adult beverages! Glad I read about it on the boards, because there is no signage/info advertising the change here at resort.
ssconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #3
Nickys
Two Bedroom

I think the only park where there aren't any options is MK, other than BOG of course.

It was only fairly recently they introduced alcoholic drinks at TS in MK (again, other than BOG), so I'm not sure they'll be changing the QS any time soon.

As an aside, I read a post the other day elsewhere, asking if the dining plan really did allow 2 alcoholic drinks a day on the dining plan because "1 drink is fine but 2 seems too much". The replies were shall we say, less than sympathetic, other than 1 person who told them "it isn't compulsory".
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:04 AM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
As an aside, I read a post the other day elsewhere, asking if the dining plan really did allow 2 alcoholic drinks a day on the dining plan because "1 drink is fine but 2 seems too much". The replies were shall we say, less than sympathetic, other than 1 person who told them "it isn't compulsory".

Ha! Excellent.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #5
FessParker1

So if we pay for 4 adult meals with 2 of them teens and I go and order all the meals with beers can I add 2 sodas as snacks since they raised the price even for teens who can't have alcohol?
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #6
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
So if we pay for 4 adult meals with 2 of them teens and I go and order all the meals with beers can I add 2 sodas as snacks since they raised the price even for teens who can't have alcohol?
I haven't seen any first hand reports, but I'd guess they'd want ID for each alcoholic drink you order.

I did see someone who reported they were able to order the special shakes from Sci Fi Diner. I think they said they were told they could order anything up to $16 per drink.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
cw62803
One Bedroom

Quote:
They now allow fancy non-alcoholic drinks like shakes and smoothies on the plan. I don't know if you can tell your kid to pound sand while you appropriate their drinks - but I am not above doing it
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
WDW only allows adults to buy two drinks, per adult, at a time. So my guess is DH and I could each get two adult meals with two beers when twin DDs18 are sitting and waiting. Then DH and I get two beers each.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): March 3-10 at BWV and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV

Last edited by Lamima; 01-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
WDW only allows adults to buy two drinks at a time. So my guess is DH and I could each get two adult meals with two beers when twin DDs18 are sitting and waiting. Then DH and I get two beers each.
Hmmmm.....

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote