home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #11
MMC1
Grand Villa

I was at DL recently and wandered into the Downtown Disney DVC Preview Center.
They gave us 2 free DVC lanyards so you might want to visit and get friendly.
I figure WDW must have some of the resort pins available too.
Good luck!
P.S. Keep this secret until after you get yours! If you know what I mean haha
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #12
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

It depends if you want real pins or scrapper or counterfeit pins. Scrappers (those ones that are sold for less than $1 on ebay and Amazon) are pins that don't pass quality control. Counterfeits are unauthorized pins - either Disney told them to stop making them after so many or the pins were made by another factory using the Disney molds.

The majority of pins at both WDW and DLR are scrapper or counterfeit pins. Sometimes you are lucky to get real ones from cast members, but many people buy the cheap pin lots so it just perpetuates the problem.

There are actually a lot of sellers on Facebook that sell authentic Disney pins for about $2 a pin. Some on Disney Pin Forum too.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #13
Mox147
One Bedroom

I agree with above poster. If you want real pins look into Facebook. Pinderella is my favorite to buy pins from.Dhe does grab bags with mutiple pins for a set price. They are random picks, I have got quite a few I didn't want to trade because I like them so much! Very good prices. There are many other pin pages as well on there. I would steer clear of the eBay lots they are mostly scrapper (fake pins)
Old 01-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #14
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Havenít done pins in years but when my DD was young and DS was tot we did. That was in the begining, when they were real. I have to say Iím a bit disappointed that people buy knockoffs to trade to one that may be a unexpecting person.
Sorry either trade legit items or donít. I donít get the point of trading or purchasing something thatís not real. As far as the CMís back in the begining 99/2000 they were not knock offs so if your kid was trading they were getting the real deal.
When it became massive and as all things Disney do and the fun was gone and it was out of control mass marketing and people getting nasty. Thatís when we stopped. The final staw was a CM who tried to get a much wanted pin from my 7 year old we knew it was a wanted pin and offered her some common one. When she declined, he made some snarky remark. Donít try to take advantage of a kid ahole especially when Iím standing right there.
Disney54us is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:28 AM   #15
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

I donít why everyone is assuming the pins you can purchase off eBay in lots are fakes. Disney churns out tens of thousands pins each year. Not all of the are rare or cherished. Collectors sell off bulk pins for less than what they were sold for. I have a few valuable comics but most would sell for less than what they originally sold for. The lot of 50 pins I bought of eBay were legit disney pins, just not rare or popular. We still have a few of the original lot because we liked them.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #16
John2247
Two Bedroom

You can go to mousepins.com or pinseller.com to buy pins in bulk. I am pretty sure all of them are authentic, but just not rare.

John
Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #17
cw62803
One Bedroom

Ebay. The majority of pins that get traded are scrappers. Go to eBay, pick up 25 or so for a song - and let your kid enjoy trading them for whatever they want.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #18
stevemahaffey
One Bedroom

Weíve bought from eBayer Real Cool Stuff in large lots and if they were fake, I couldnít tell. Really didnít care. The price was great, we kept the ones we liked and traded the ones we didnít. It was all just for the fun. We plan to buy another large lot from them before our next trip.
stevemahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #19
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

If you actually look at what the eBay sellers that sell the lots are, they don't guarantee their authenticity. They only guarantee that it can be traded in the park because of the (c) Disney stamp that's on the back. Disney CMs are required to trade pins as long as it has the (c) Disney on the back.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote