home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #21
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
Thanks everyone - I did see definite improvement in the complications today. Disney magic maybe??
Yes, Disney magic like that is definitely alive and well at the HHI resort! Continue to enjoy your trip! Ask the girl in recreation, at the front desk, if she's been to Beth Marie's ice cream yet.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #22
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
Sue, I am sorry to hear about your recent problems. We will be praying for you. We have always enjoyed your trip reports and intended to leave you a little envelope for check in with the surge coupon book so you may go out to eat on the BOGO deals this week(since we are locals and knew you would be here in Jan). (it is the best time of the year for savings eating out in Hilton Head).

Unfortunately for us we are also dealing with a lot of issues and we never got around to it. My father had a stroke and was rehabbing at my sisters house in Ohio until she passed away suddenly of the flu(staph infection from the flu) at the age of 38 unexpectedly and without warning on the 29th of Dec. We have been in ohio the past couple of weeks and just returned to hilton head yesterday. This fall we also had our twins 7 weeks early, they spent 3 weeks at MUSC in charleston SC and my wife (half of this account, Cassie) almost died from severe blood loss a month after the birth when they found out she had placenta accreta diagnosed at the birth. She had several surgical procedures and blood transfusions and is now on the mend. If family drama wasnt enough we are also fighting medical bills from the helicopter air lift that total several thousand dollars(enough to buy a small house)

Enjoy these large family trips and I hope the cloud of the possible future can be forgotten for a couple days. Those special trips even with bad weather and problems wont last forever. I wish I could have another trip with my sister, but I will be taking her 2 kids she left behind and her husband to disney in June.

P.S. Tell SB if he complains about any food pricing this trip that the January savings is what locals look forward to all year! (You can ask at the front desk of a serge restaurant for their passport of savings book, maybe get 2 of them for your larger group)

Take care and Enjoy
OMG you have been hammered with trauma (hurricane damage, sister, wife)
They say it comes in threes so I hope you are DONE with it, too.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

I always love to read your Trip Reports and always wait for you to go on another trip.

I've never been to HH, let alone in January, and am very interested in following along. Sorry about the dumb weather (I'm Midwest so you know what we've been experiencing) and the fireplace. I wonder if those logs we have bought in a pinch that start with a clicker would work. Of course, unless they won't let you use the damper. Anyway, very sorry.

Extremely saddened, as you know, about the diagnosis. You are such an inspiration to me that you are not letting a backslide stop you from travel and enjoying your family. You have such a wonderful attitude that has done and will continue to do you good.

Very best wishes and prayers going your way.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #24
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Sue, I am sorry to hear about your recent problems. We will be praying for you. We have always enjoyed your trip reports and intended to leave you a little envelope for check in with the surge coupon book so you may go out to eat on the BOGO deals this week(since we are locals and knew you would be here in Jan). (it is the best time of the year for savings eating out in Hilton Head).

Unfortunately for us we are also dealing with a lot of issues and we never got around to it. My father had a stroke and was rehabbing at my sisters house in Ohio until she passed away suddenly of the flu(staph infection from the flu) at the age of 38 unexpectedly and without warning on the 29th of Dec. We have been in ohio the past couple of weeks and just returned to hilton head yesterday. This fall we also had our twins 7 weeks early, they spent 3 weeks at MUSC in charleston SC and my wife (half of this account, Cassie) almost died from severe blood loss a month after the birth when they found out she had placenta accreta diagnosed at the birth. She had several surgical procedures and blood transfusions and is now on the mend. If family drama wasnt enough we are also fighting medical bills from the helicopter air lift that total several thousand dollars(enough to buy a small house)

Enjoy these large family trips and I hope the cloud of the possible future can be forgotten for a couple days. Those special trips even with bad weather and problems wont last forever. I wish I could have another trip with my sister, but I will be taking her 2 kids she left behind and her husband to disney in June.

P.S. Tell SB if he complains about any food pricing this trip that the January savings is what locals look forward to all year! (You can ask at the front desk of a serge restaurant for their passport of savings book, maybe get 2 of them for your larger group)

Take care and Enjoy

So very sorry for all you've gone through these last few months. Best wishes at this difficult time.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #25
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Coastak - So sorry you've had to deal with so much!! Losing your sister at such a young age is just wrong, and I hope your twins & wife are well now and continue to thrive. Thanks for thinking of me on the Serg passports, too. We forgot all about them at Poseidon yesterday, but did get one for each family at Frankie Bones before we were seated. They are a great deal, and good reason to visit in january ;-)

DAY 2 – Friday 1/12/18
Who: Sue (59), DVC Member
SB (60), my husband
Chris (31), son
Amanda (29), daughter-in-law
Ari (18 months), grandson
Cristina (31), stepdaughter
Quentin (3?), son-in-law
Ethan (20 months), grandson

Plan: Whatever, Eat Out

Actual: Everyone was in their bedrooms fairly early, and we were both asleep before 10pm. I slept better than I had in days – I think having the king size bed helped, plus being on the road to healing finally. I got up just after 4:30 and took my laptop out to the living room to enjoy some quiet time. Since there’s a full bath off the living room, I used that brush my teeth so I didn’t wake SB. I made my cappuccino, put on my compression sleeve for a couple hours, and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

After I could hear Ari & his parents moving around upstairs I got up to take my shower. SB was already awake, doing online stuff and watching tv in the bedroom. Today is the first day I could wear a regular bra, which is a good sign. I’ll be calling the plastic surgeon’s office later today to report my progress so we can schedule the surgeries.

SB took his shower after talking with Cristina. They’d just arrived and were picking up their rental car down in Savannah. Evidently Ethan slept the entire night in their sleeper car. Chris made us breakfast – bacon, eggs, hash browns and crescent rolls. Everything was delicious! After breakfast we went out in the drizzly rain to walk around.

After spending a little time in Community Hall and talking to a couple eating breakfast outside Tide Me Over, we went into the Mercantile to say hi to Gordon. He did not recognize Chris at all, remembering him as a boy. We had a nice visit, and Amanda was able to return the DVD from yesterday and get another one for today.

We continued through the resort, stopped for Chris & Ari to play a little golf, then continued to Big Murgie’s Den. Just after we got there, Cristina called to say they were at the gate. SB & I went out to meet them and open the gate, then we all went back inside to join up with Chris, Amanda & Ari.

Ethan is tired, and we’re all strangers to him, so it’ll take him some time to get comfortable. We went back to the villa so they could get settled, then we all hung out in the living room for a while with the boys. Eventually Ethan fell asleep while Cristina was holding him, so they went upstairs to their room. Quentin came back down with a list, asking if we needed anything from the grocery store, then he went shopping for their stuff. Amanda gave Ari his leftover pizza and a plate full of cooked sliced carrots. He picked at the pizza, but gobbled up every last carrot – we’ll need a DNA test to prove he’s really my grandchild, lol!

SB heated up some of the rotisserie chicken we’d bought at Kroger last night, and paired it with bbq chips and a slice of Italian bread. He also had a couple of his beers, while I opened the bottle of pinot grigio. Chris & Amanda took Ari up for their nap, so that left SB & me to enjoy the quiet living room for a while. I emailed back & forth with DVC friend Barbara about meeting up while we’re here. Around 12:30 we could hear crying upstairs, and since it was unfamiliar it must have been Ethan. I’m sure they want/need him to sleep longer than that, so we’ll see how it goes.

The serious rain had not started, and wasn’t due until about 3 so I hoped to go for a walk after I finished my wine. I’d put the compression sleeve back on when we got here, since my arm was more swollen than yesterday. I went out for my walk (SB opted to stay put), and walked through Shelter Cove to the end by Ela’s then backtracked back to the villa. Many of the shops were not open, and it was too early for the restaurants to be open. Perhaps more is open on the weekend, but maybe not (during the off season).

When I got back everyone was in the living room. I’d brought a few books that had buttons to push to make sounds, and brought them out for the boys to play with. They didn’t quite have the whole “sharing” thing down. They also had a few toy cars or trucks to play with. Ari wanted everything, and I think Ethan just wanted to be away from all these strangers, but hopefully in time he’ll get more comfortable.

We decided on Frankie Bones for a late lunch/early dinner, and headed over there around 2 or so. It was raining a bit by now. The restaurant wasn’t busy at all, and they created a table for 8 for us, with high chairs at 2 of the spots. The adults enjoyed their meals and both boys were well behaved. Ethan watched an Elmo video on an ipad, and Ari amused himself with crayons and the kids menu. I had the schnitzel (pork), which was very good. SB ate the last half of it, though. SB had his favorite here – the spaghettini with big meatballs. Cristina had the seafood spaghettini, Amanda the sliders, Chris chicken alfredo, and Quentin had some type of sandwich. It was all great, and we were too full for any dessert. The only one who didn’t eat was Ari, but we think the odd time confused him, and he knew it wasn’t meal time.

Back at the resort we sat around for a while, and Quentin went up for a nap since he pretty much hadn’t slept at all the night before. Eventually SB went to watch a game and the rest of us headed out in the rain to see if the 4pm Hot Chocolate Bar was still happening outside the Mercantile. It was, and it was pretty nice – they had a cast member there making fancy hot chocolate drinks for everyone. We all got the s’mores version, and it was nice on a cool damp day. Gordon came out to say hello and meet Cristina & Ethan, then we continued on to Live Oak Lodge. We just missed Shadow, so we went inside to “play pool”. This consisted of the boys sitting on stools at either end of the pool table and rolling the balls back and forth. Ari would grab each one and put it into the pocket, then when full take them back out and roll them down the table.

We left there to walk back to the villa, and lost Chris & Ari on the little golf area. They couldn’t resist, lol! The rest of us went back, and before long Ethan fell asleep next to Cristina. He’d been fussy, so it wasn’t surprising that he was tired. Amanda got Ari’s uneaten Frankie Bones food ready to be reheated, and I spotted Chris & Ari on the bocce ball court now. Eventually they came back, and Amanda heated up the food.

Ari still didn’t want to eat it, which was surprising since it was cheese ravioli and he loves that. Once they gave up trying to get him to eat, Amanda heated up a plate of carrots and he gobbled down every last one. Weird kid! We were going to do the 6pm campfire, which was being held indoors at Community Hall due to the rain, but with Ethan sleeping and Ari not obeying his parents about something, we skipped it.

A little later Ari had his bath and came back down in warm pajamas. Ethan woke up and was inconsolably cranky. I suggested maybe he was hungry, since he’d only eaten his French fries at lunch. Cristina gave him some snacks, and when Quentin came back from somewhere they decided to go out to find something quick for dinner. They said they weren’t taking him inside anywhere, lol – good idea, with his cranky state!

While they were gone, Chris made 2 pans of rice krispie treats – one plain and one with chunky peanut butter. When they cooled off enough we cut them, and they were SO good!! Everybody loved them, and Ari had no problem eating a good-sized piece of the peanut butter version! Chris commented that one thing he loves about this place is not rushing around to the parks, no buses, etc – it’s just so much more relaxing. Everyone agreed.

Cristina, Quentin & Ethan returned, having gone to a Five Guys for burgers. She was most happy to hear about the rice krispie treats! I don’t think I mentioned before, but she’s pregnant again – this time with a girl, due June 28th (their 2nd and final child). Ethan was still cranky and so they took him upstairs for bath and bed. Chris & his family had just gone up to their room, so SB & I headed to ours after I turned off most of the lights. It’s 9pm and he’s not likely to be awake much longer, lol! Relaxing takes a lot out of a man!

When I look back on today, there are a number of things that could have been better – starting with the weather! The boys didn’t exactly bond together like I’d imagined in my head, and although I expected Ethan to not know us at all & be hesitant, I didn’t imagine the frequent whining/crying type noises. I had more discomfort around the site of the last procedure & surgery, too – but not enough to keep me from doing anything. Despite that, I still enjoyed the day and was glad to have us all together here. Hopefully tomorrow when the sun is shining it’ll go better, as we’ll be outside more letting the boys play.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #26
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Hoping tomorrow you get sunshine

Sending sun rays your way

🐞goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #27
wdw1972
Grand Villa

DAY 3 – Saturday 1/13/18
Who: Sue (59), DVC Member
SB (60), my husband
Chris (31), son
Amanda (29), daughter-in-law
Ari (18 months), grandson
Cristina (31), stepdaughter
Quentin (3?), son-in-law
Ethan (20 months), grandson

Plan: Whatever, Eat Out

Actual: Yesterday I forgot to mention a couple really nice things. Cristina brought SB a couple old baseballs that had been in the house they all lived in years ago. One was given to him after his first appearance in the major leagues, and the other was his first home run in the major leagues. He was happy to have them both. The other thing was when Ethan was crying nonstop after walking up early evening, Ari went & got the car Ethan had played with the most and kept trying to give it to him to make him happier. It didn’t work, but it was sweet of him to try (repeatedly).

This morning I was awake frequently – between SB getting up to use the bathroom and me trying to keep my arm elevated, it’s impossible to sleep. I finally gave up and got up around 3:45. I went out to the living room, planning to use the sofa pillows and was surprised to see every last one was gone, lol! Since they didn’t disappear the night before, I’m assuming Cristina & Quentin needed them for something. So, I went and grabbed some from the master bedroom.

I made my cappuccino and spent time online. I could hear the boys each making a little noise, but they went back to sleep again. Just before 7 SB came out, so I decided to wrap up the puzzle I was working on and then go take my shower so I could do a load of laundry before the day really got going (but not so early as to risk waking other people up). I think I heard the wind blowing outside, so it’s going to be quite chilly out there today.

I showered and got dressed, throwing our laundry in when I got out of the shower. Pretty soon Chris and Ari came downstairs, and since it was a little after 8 he wanted to get Ari’s breakfast so he’d be on a normal timeframe and be able to eat a little lunch before his nap. I shared the idea of doing the Lodge for an early dinner tonight, and he agreed. Since SB’s jeans were in the dryer, I took his breakfast order and walked over to Tide Me Over with Chris. I got the Bounty Platter (eggs, bacon, sausage, tator tots, biscuit & Mickey waffle) for SB and the banana bread French toast with bacon for me. Chris got the chicken & waffles, the Mickey waffles for Amanda, and a yogurt parfait for Ari. We waited inside the fitness center for about 7 minutes until the food was ready, then took it back to the villa.

My banana bread French toast was just ok – not nearly as good as the version at Whispering Canyon recently. Chris finished the 2nd piece, and agreed. His chicken & waffles consisted of a big flat chicken tender and 3 small Mickey waffles. It looked really odd to me, but he said it tasted very good. The rest of the stuff was the usual. Overall it was a good enough breakfast, and very convenient.

Cristina, Quentin & Ari came downstairs while we were finishing breakfast, and hung out for a little while. Ethan actually came into our bedroom and spent time “near” us, lol! I took him out onto our porch, and he liked looking around out there. When Ari joined us, SB came out so I could try to get a photo of him with his grandsons but it was like herding cats. They move too much, lol – he couldn’t get them both facing the right direction, and with Ethan being hesitant to get too close, it didn’t work well. It was funny though! Later we’ll get a photo while Cristina holds him and stands next to SB.

Ari was watching Moana when I returned to the living room, which is his favorite movie. SB jumped in the shower, and when the others came back with their breakfast, Ari left the movie to visit with Ethan. Amanda dragged him away so Ethan could eat. Ethan didn’t eat much for dinner last night, but ate like a pig for breakfast – mainly sausage, lol! Evidently he loves sausage and according to Cristina he’d probably eat the whole box if she let him (she doesn’t). He eventually tried the Mickey waffle and ate a little of that, before he stuffed too big a piece into his mouth and started to gag. Oh the joys of little boys <g>.

When I went into the bedroom for my phone I saw I’d missed a call, voicemail and text from my dvc friend Barbara. She & Roy were going to the Mercantile to visit Gordon, so I texted her back to see if they were still there. They were, so SB, Chris’ family & I headed over there while Cristina’s family finished up with breakfast. Before we left Chris called to report a flickering lightbulb over the dining room table. The Mercantile is a very short walk from here, and Barbara must have seen us coming because she came and greeted us at the top of the stairs. It had been a few years since we’d seen each other, so this was a treat!

We went inside to visit, since it was cold and blustery (“feels like” temp a few hours later was only 31) outside. SB and Roy swapped stories of heartache when prized possessions they had disappeared thanks to the actions of other relatives – in Roy’s case as boy. Some things you never forget! Gordon took a few group photos for us with Barbara’s phone and my camera, so I’m sure hers will hit our friends before mine <g>. She blogs daily and includes pictures with each day.

Hopefully we’ll run into them again before the end of the trip, but for now it was time to move along. I forgot to mention, as we were taking the photo Cristina called to ask which lightbulb needed to be replaced. The maintenance guy was there and was having trouble finding the “bad” one. That was very quick! We said goodbye to Barbara & Roy, then went downstairs and played our way back towards our villa so Cristina’s family would find us easily.

First it was the cornhole toss game, and then shuffleboard. Ari was cute, copying what he’d see Chris or SB do. It was freezing out there, though! We worked our way to the next area – giant checkers and bocce ball. Cristina’s family found us there, and the boys enjoyed the ball part of bocce ball. SB got in a hammock, and we tried to get a photo of him and Ethan but Ethan wasn’t having much of that! When SB was alone in the hammock Cristina and I got it swinging to rock him, but we never quite got the 360 degree thing accomplished <g>. The checkers had standing water, so they would have been more fun had the sun dried them out before we got there. It was too cold to want to get wet!

From there we went out to the path along the marina, but quickly realized the railing openings were big enough for both boys to slip right through, and of course both boys wanted to be at the railing. Cristina and Quentin had one of those backpacks with a leash that they’d never used, so Quentin put that on Ethan. He said if Ethan fell in the water he might as well throw himself in as well, as that would be less painful than getting killed by the grandmothers in Maryland when they found out! Ari got picked up and carried at times, and other times he just heard a lot of “no” as he’d try to get over there.

As always, there are some nice boats/yachts in this marina, with the nicest one being the Christina B. It was here in May, and the owners seem to live on it. It’s probably bigger inside than our grand villa, so it makes sense. They still had their Christmas tree up on the 3rd deck. We turned back into the resort and played basketball – Ethan was all smiles at the basketball. Chris missed a few shots that caused the ball to go over the fence, and Ari climbed through the fence slats to try to get the balls. Unfortunately, he stood back there trying to push a basketball through a too-narrow opening, lol! I was able to take each ball from him and get them over the top – then Chris went and retrieved him.

Finally it was time to get back to the villa for food & naps. Ari ended up having a tantrum over something, and was sitting on the ground kicking his legs – so the rest of us continued on our way. Eventually Amanda did the same, which caused him to get up and come after her. No doubt both boys should be tired after all this running around in the cold fresh air!

Back in the villa it felt so good to have heat! I tried to help Ethan with his jacket, which set off a huge crying spell – the kid sounded truly terrorized! How could he possibly have heard about my reputation as it relates to kids??? I kept my distance after that, because he was tired and it took Cristina a while to calm him down. They gave him a snack and then took him upstairs to nap. Quentin later went out to Kroger to pick up something. SB went to the bedroom to watch tv, I downloaded the pictures from my camera, and Chris & Amanda tried to get Ari to eat lunch. That wasn’t going so well at first, but eventually he ate his leftover Frankie Bones ravioli – followed by a plate of carrots and chocolate milk.

They took Ari up for a nap, which sounds like it took some insisting on their part before he fell asleep. SB made a chicken sandwich for lunch, using more of the rotisserie chicken. We have quite a bit of food in the refrigerator! I poured a glass of pinot grigio and while SB watched tv in the bedroom I sat at the dining room table to update the report and do online stuff. The table was actually the perfect height for my arm, and so far I’m not needing to use the compression sleeve. I can actually feel the bone in my elbow for a change – instead of feeling puffiness. The rash is completely gone – I didn’t even use the steroid ointment since I didn’t see the sense in possibly irritating my skin when it’s not needed.

Quentin came back with lunch for him & Cristina, and threw a load of their laundry in while they ate and napped with Ethan. I could hear kids waking up around 2. By 2:30 everyone was up and ready, so we drove over to the Beach House. Walking on the beach was nice, but before too long it became challenging. Ari is used to beaches, but always goes into the water and that’s what he kept trying to do here despite it only being 48 degrees! Chris & Amanda had to pull him back up away from the edge of the water, which he didn’t like. Ethan ended up back on his leash eventually, but he had big smiles being out here. That’s the 2nd smile we’ve seen, with the first being the basketball court this morning.

Chris & Amanda turned back to take Ari to the beach house, and a bit later SB, Quentin and Ethan followed. Cristina & I continued, looking at the nice houses on the beach and rescuing a starfish that had washed up onto the beach. We joined the others inside the beach house, just in time for Name that Tune trivia. We named our team the Goofy Goobers and we actually won with 19 out of 20 correct answers. Our prize was a Mickey bar, which we assumed meant each of us won a Mickey bar. We were mistaken, lol.

Just after 4 we left for the Lodge, and had trouble finding it within the complex. Eventually we just parked and I went inside to find the restaurant while the others waited in the cars. The parking lot was jammed, and with a football game on I was afraid we wouldn’t be able to get in, but they’d just opened and were almost empty still. They set up a table for us while I went back out to round up the others.

This is basically a sports bar, and nothing fancy at all, but the food was very good. Burgers are king here, and that’s what several people ordered. I went with the grilled caprese, which was good but greasy because it was grilled. I don’t think I’d bother with it again, but I’m glad I tried it. Cristina had the Juicy Lucy burger (thick), SB had the double burger, Amanda had a burger topped with bacon and egg, and I think Chris & Quentin also got some type of burger. Ari enjoyed the fried macaroni and cheese and tator tots (regular and sweet potato). Ethan got fussy when his meal came, so I’m not sure what he ate. While waiting he spent the entire time watching an Elmo video, while Ari sat between Amanda & me coloring and engaging with people. The boys are so different from each other.

Quentin bought dinner to thank us for the lodging, which was very nice. After dinner we stopped at CVS for Chris to get something, then returned to the resort. Chris went to claim our prize, and came back with a single Mickey bar, lol! Ari ate most of it, but a few others got bites too. I brought out the other 2 toys I’d brought for the boys – a dump truck and a bus, both with some mega blocks. Ethan wasn’t sure and clung to his mother, while Ari eagerly started connecting the mega blocks and playing with both vehicles. He & Cristina played together on the floor for a bit, hoping Ethan would join in.

Chris & Amanda fed Ari more snacks – cooked carrots, blueberries, and grandma gave him a rice krispie treat. Cristina changed Ethan into his pajamas and for a brief time the boys played next to each other. Once Ethan realized Ari was there, he’d leave and make whining noises. Ari seemed to want to play with him, but Ethan just doesn’t know about other kids and how to act. Hopefully he’ll learn quickly when he starts preschool in a year or so.

Cristina left to pick up some diaper rash cream and Dairy Queen, but the rest of us stayed behind. SB was watching a football game, which Chris & Quentin were also looking at. Ari was having fun playing, while Ethan was sticking close to his dad and playing with one of the books I’d brought while making his whining noise. It doesn’t sound like a happy noise to me, but he didn’t look miserable all the time. Cristina had said he’s a handful, and from what I’ve seen he doesn’t do anything but what he wants to do – “no” doesn’t mean anything. He does like football games, though!

Amanda made some of the hot chocolate that came in the welcome gift, and enjoyed it. I was fading by 8pm and hope SB will watch whatever game is on out in the living room (not likely). Ari kept bringing toys to Ethan, wanting to play with him, but it wasn’t working. Thankfully he’s pretty happy-go-lucky, or we would have had 2 kids whining, lol!

Amanda had Ari clean up all the toys, then she took him up to bed around 8. He went right to work picking everything up. Cristina and Quentin fixed something for Ethan to eat. I slid Ari around on the floor for a while (he loved it), then he went off to bed. I finished up the trip report and got ready to head to bed to watch some HGTV.

Today was a great day – very relaxing, and fun with the boys & family. The Lodge was a good choice, although it’s not a place I need to eat at every trip. It was nice to have sunshine finally, despite the cold! I really enjoyed seeing Barbara & Roy again, too.

Tomorrow is our last full day, although Cristina’s family will be leaving by 4:30 to head back to Savannah to catch the overnight train home.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #28
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:

Take care and Enjoy

To say how sorry I am to hear this seems so little. Unbelievable what you and your family has been through. Losing your sister at such a young age so suddenly, unimaginable. Dealing with your dad having a stroke and add in what your wife and babies went through. I’m just at a loss. You are in my thoughts.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #29
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Sue, happy the rash is down and you didn’t need the compression sleeve. You really are amazing, and just keep going along as we follow your adventurers with your family.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #30
coastak
Grand Villa

Glad you tried the Lodge. That area gets very packed at night as they open up the courtyard and all the restaurants share costumers going back and forth with drinks. My favorites down there are The Lodge and One hot Mammas(bbq). The Lodge also has maybe the best beer selection on the island in my opinion.

I'm glad it was a good day!
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote