home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
HELP PLEASE! First time I've done this scenario.

Have BWV May 2-4 reservation (transferred BWV points)
Have BWV May 4-5 reservation (rented from BWV owner)

Obviously the May 4-5 doesn't show up on DVC site so can't ask them to help.

Both show up on MDE (manually entered the rented one) but I need them combined/linked (don't know correct word) so I hopefully don't have to change rooms. FP and ADR should be no problem as both on MDE.

Who do I contact? A phone call to BWV giving them both #'s and ask them to combine/link?
You would call MS but they will require the other owner to be part of a conference call to link the reservations for a continuing stay.

If that won't work you'll probably be fine at check in pointing out that you have the night of the 4th also and to ask them to keep you in the same room if they didn't already notice it.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #22
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
HELP PLEASE! First time I've done this scenario.

Have BWV May 2-4 reservation (transferred BWV points)
Have BWV May 4-5 reservation (rented from BWV owner)

Obviously the May 4-5 doesn't show up on DVC site so can't ask them to help.

Both show up on MDE (manually entered the rented one) but I need them combined/linked (don't know correct word) so I hopefully don't have to change rooms. FP and ADR should be no problem as both on MDE.

Who do I contact? A phone call to BWV giving them both #'s and ask them to combine/link?
I didn't know MS could link reservations that are made on different accounts. That being said, if you talk to the people at your hotel when you get there and let them know the situation they might be able to do something at the "local" level. Perhaps a call to MS is in order anyway in case they can give you a more concrete answer
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #23
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You would call MS but they will require the other owner to be part of a conference call to link the reservations for a continuing stay.

If that won't work you'll probably be fine at check in pointing out that you have the night of the 4th also and to ask them to keep you in the same room if they didn't already notice it.
Thank you for your response. I strongly hesitate contacting the owner as I fear he wouldn't be willing. He had previously told me if I wanted Magical Express (I don't now with the 4 hour thing), I needed to go directly through DVC (I presumed that was not true due to rented points). I may be wrong as I didn't try.

I will either call BWV or beg when we arrive. It wouldn't be a tragedy...just inconvenient.

Thanks again.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I strongly hesitate contacting the owner as I fear he wouldn't be willing. He had previously told me if I wanted Magical Express (I don't now with the 4 hour thing), I needed to go directly through DVC (I presumed that was not true due to rented points). I may be wrong as I didn't try.

I will either call BWV or beg when we arrive. It wouldn't be a tragedy...just inconvenient.

Thanks again.
Yeah, the owner was not correct about DME for the return trip to the airport. But you should be able to contact DME about that directly or if that doesn't work then you can make the arrangements thru the concierge desk once you are at the resort if you decide you do want to use it to get to the airport.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #25
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Been a few weeks, but ordered APs...they show up online just fine. Wife mentioned yesterday that we never got anything in the mail...??
So, what do I show them at the window when I want to get my real passes? Do I have to be all modern and show them the email I got or something.
print out the email that has the bar code at the ticket window.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #26
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Been a few weeks, but ordered APs...they show up online just fine. Wife mentioned yesterday that we never got anything in the mail...??
So, what do I show them at the window when I want to get my real passes? Do I have to be all modern and show them the email I got or something.
I had to buy mine via a phone call with MS because I used GCís for payment, and you donít get an email in that case. I was just given 2 confirmation numbers that I had to plug into MDE and then assign the APís to everyone. I hope yours worked out ok.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
Adelard of Bath
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I was just given 2 confirmation numbers that I had to plug into MDE and then assign the APís to everyone. I hope yours worked out ok.
Looks like it did; every time I go onto MDE it shows my tickets...I'll be bringing all kinds of printouts, I'm sure.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #28
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

I'm just wondering if I'm understanding this correctly...

I'd like to book a trip for mid-December 2018 using only points that will come December 2018. I would have until 31 days prior to check-in to cancel that reservation and avoid any issues with the points. I wouldn't have to worry about banking issues even at 31 days out because they'd be current UY points. And if I did cancel the December reservation I'd have until the end of November '19 to use the points or bank them by July 31, 2019.

Is all that correct?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #29
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I'm just wondering if I'm understanding this correctly...

I'd like to book a trip for mid-December 2018 using only points that will come December 2018. I would have until 31 days prior to check-in to cancel that reservation and avoid any issues with the points. I wouldn't have to worry about banking issues even at 31 days out because they'd be current UY points. And if I did cancel the December reservation I'd have until the end of November '19 to use the points or bank them by July 31, 2019.

Is all that correct?
It sounds like you have a December UY. If that is true, yes what you wrote is accurate.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #30
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
It sounds like you have a December UY. If that is true, yes what you wrote is accurate.
Yes, December UY. Thank you!