home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #41
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

Family, ugh. Couple of years ago my wife gave her AP to her brother (unknown to me) who was staying offsite to use "only for free parking". Well first day he's there he tries to use the AP to get into Epcot and is denied. He makes a scene (insert yelling and profanity here) while his wife calls my wife. CM threatens to confiscate the AP. Sheriff is called over. My wife asks to talk to the CM and explains her brother was told not to use the AP. Brother storms off and calls about how Disney is out to screw the little people (he's a big business hater and Bernie supporter). Somehow the CM gave the AP back to sister in law as long as they left. No arrests were made.

This is the same guy who paid a $250 parking fine at Logan Airport with pennies.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby part time, 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #42
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink Happy Holidays

[quote=IslaTurbine;1416417][/QUOTE

I had a friend who was such a bad travel buddy that i will never travel with her again disney or otherwise. Afterwards she told me that she hates disney (from prior experience).

I asked why didnt she tell me that beforehand, since she already knew?

Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 12-16-2017 at 10:02 PM.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #43
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
We traded our points for a drive into the Manhattan Docks for our September DCL cruise out of NY. My nephew lived in Manhattan for years so my BIL knew the area.

To his credit the drive into the NY port would have been horrible without him and he was at the port at 7 AM to pick us up on disembark day - which I really appreciated. So not only did he drive, know which tunnel to use, figure out the various lanes of traffic avoiding an assortment of strangely parked and driven vehicles but he knows me enough to show up early to take me home because once I'm done a vacation I'm DONE.

If he was going to pretend he was Dan then he could be consistent in his pretense. We just returned from WDW for the first time after his visit and I think Dan was pretty certain the whole time that something would go wrong but we were fine. Meanwhile, my BIL is looking into purchasing his own contract but - no what WHAT I say - he's convinced himself that he can purchase resale and retain the perks. I give up. He'll just have to experience it. I just cautioned him to purchase a smaller contract initially and then add on if he has a need. That way once he sees the perks restrictions he can add on direct - if DVC still allows it.

Just give that side of the family the hint that borrowing something Disney from you folks, other than mouse ears, will be verboten.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #44
dandandat
Studio

It's so very interesting to read about the many different dynamics between different families... I guess it really does take a lot of different people to make the world go round.

In my family... family is the most important thing... it comes before many things even a good vacation haha.

My brother and his wife are always late or slow for things. But they are always welcome to be late to a Disney vacation or to walk 2 miles behind the group while we are trying to make a fast pass ride.

My sister complains about every thing and has a special rivalry with me ever since I came along and stole her mom and dad from her. But dispite the fact that fact that she's totally annoying I'm still trying to convince her to come with my Parents and I on our May trip to Disney.

I'm sure both my brother and sister could tell you all the ways im a jerk too.

But at the end of the day all those things are minor annoyances and spending fun time with the family is much more important than a few minutes or hours of sore feelings about the drama of the day.

My wife's family is completely different. It's completely forgein to me, they would rather spend time with friends than with family... and when they do spend time with family the smaller the group the better.

I wonder what it is that makes families so different.
dandandat is offline   Reply With Quote