home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #11
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. We at the airport waiting to board. Next stop MCO.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #12
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Having a good time. Unable to update this report because my IP address is banned from Disney. I'll work on it when we're home. Thanks
Old 10-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
Having a good time. Unable to update this report because my IP address is banned from Disney. I'll work on it when we're home. Thanks

Good to hear.....To bad about the IP address issues. Lots of other MO peeps experience similar IP address issues at WDW.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #14
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
This trip was originally planned for the first week of October. After having three trips canceled due to the virus we decided to move it back a little and go for our anniversary. We also shortened it to four days. We are looking forward to the food and wine festival. We are staying at BWV.

We realize that this will be a different trip but we will be prepared for it. We will definitely miss park hoping. Sure hope it comes back soon.
We have park reservations for EPCOT for 3 days and one day at MK. We are planning to eat at Chefs de France for our anniversary dinner.

Iíll try to do some live updates during our trip.
We are at BWV, too (10-20 to25/20).
Spice Road tables is Thurs for our anniversary of 34 yrs!
We did MK 10/18/20 and dined at Skipper Canteen.
I do miss park hopping but we are making to most of it.
So many of the F&W kiosks are closed through the week and weekends are mobbed.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Happy anniversary. We celebrated our 41th on Tuesday with dinner at Chefs de France.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #16
Raspus
Two Bedroom

We are back home after a really good trip. Itís a different Disney for sure but itís still a lot of fun.

Itís nice to be able to see mouseowners again after being banned at Disney. I worked a little on my trip report while there so I should being posting soon.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
Raspus
Two Bedroom

We left home bright and early Monday morning. Our flight left on time. The flight was fine. We felt reasonably safe and United gave out wipes so we could wipe down our seats. Everyone wore masks and there were no problems. We landed in Orlando before 11 in the morning. This trip we were staying at the Boardwalk and we got there around noon. Never got the email with our room number - more about that later - so after leaving our suitcase with bell services we walked over to Epcot. On our way we stopped at The Boardwalk Bakery and got a rice crispy cookie for my wife and a big Mickey cupcake for me. Both were very good. It started raining just when we finished our snacks. It started pouring while we waited at a table under a cover in front of the closed ice cream store. To bad our rain ponchos were in our suitcase - not with us. We finally did make our way to Epcot around the world showcase. We tried a few food items which we really enjoyed especially the pork slider at Hawaii and the pierogi and sausage in the World Showplace tent.
After fighting more rain we got tired and left Epcot and walked backed to the boardwalk. We had to wait out more rain but we finally made it back. We never did get our room ready text so we stopped at the front desk. We found out that our room was ready so we went to it. It was at the end of a very long hallway. It had a very nice view of the Tower of Terror.

About the room text Iím not sure what happened but when I logged onto MDX it let me in but showed I had no plans and the area which should have showed my room number was blank. Something was wrong with my saved sign on but it still let me in. Eventually I simply just typed my sign on and password and everything worked. On MDX my room number was there. Very weird but didnít really cause any problems. Once back in the room I went to the Screen Door shop and bought some chips and pop for the room and a couple of peanut butter cookies which we ate for breakfast the following morning.
After a very long travel day we went to bed early and got a good nights sleep.
The view from our room.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #18
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Quote:
I found that my IP was banned when using WDW internet. If you use some other or your own 5G is will not be banned.

Also, happy anniversary and nice view from your room.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:32 PM   #19
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Nice pictures! Looking forward to more.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #20
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Tuesday

Tuesday was a Epcot day so we had lots of time to get ready. We left the room about 10:15 and walked to Epcot. They let us in before 11. We went over to Germany. Nothing was open until the official park opening time. We wanted to see the new AP popup store. This is when I discovered that I left our AP cards at home. The CM wouldnít let us in. She suggested that if I could get in to MDX I could prove it that way. I did that eventually and we were let in. Nice store with some big discounts but we didnít buy anything but weíre planning on going back. We wanted to find the mousegears store. Had to ask directions in order to find it. Once there we were disappointed at the selection compared to the way it used to be. Once again we didnít buy anything. The good thing about this is we stumbled across the Flavors from Fire booth.

I had the corned beef dish and my wife had the whoopie pie. Both were very good. On our way to the World Showplace tent we stopped at the Journey to Imagination ride. Figment is one of my favorite characters and I enjoy this ride even though I hate what Disney did to it. Wish they would restore it and bring back Dreamfinder. Once we got to the festival tent I tried some craft beers but they were fruity. I hate fruity beers. My wife had another frozen apple pie drink which she really enjoyed.
We then went back to our room for a little break before our anniversary dinner.
After a short nap and refreshing up we headed off to dinner. By the time we got to the international gateway we got caught in the rain. By the time we got our ponchos on the rain stopped. We walked over to the restaurant without getting one single drop rain on us. We then had a wonderful anniversary dinner. We both had Bouef Bourguignon and Creme Burlee. We were seated right in front by the window. We saw a couple of character Cavalcades, one with characters and one with princesses.
After dinner we walked back to the Boardwalk. We stopped in the Screen Door gift shop. We picked up some shirts and some munchies including a couple of giant Mickey head sugar cookies. We took them up to the room and then went over to the AbracadaBar for drinks. Itís a small bar and it was full. We sat at a table outside and I went in to get drinks. My wife had a diet coke and I had a Manhattan. The evening was very enjoyable. The weather was nice and it was fine way to end our anniversary. We then headed up to our room. Watched some of the World Series before heading off to bed.