home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Wow! 51 stays at BCV-I envy you! How soon after the resort opened was your first stay? Or did you sneak in during the time when only CMs could use it, as I was tempted to do? How many times have you stayed in the same villa? Do you have any real favorites and real un-favorites?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #12
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Have a great trip!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #13
pacman
Grand Villa

Can't wait to hear more.

Have a great trip Sue !
Old 10-17-2020, 08:13 PM   #14
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Wow! 51 stays at BCV-I envy you! How soon after the resort opened was your first stay? Or did you sneak in during the time when only CMs could use it, as I was tempted to do? How many times have you stayed in the same villa? Do you have any real favorites and real un-favorites?
The first stay was 11/6/2002 for 5 nights. I'm not sure when they opened, but I used points (don't count any cash stays - only those on my points). I've gotten the same room once, but had the same # but on a different floor a couple more times. I don't like anything past the single elevator - just prefer to be closer to the set of 2 elevators. With SB I like really close to the pair of elevators so I don't have to listen to him complain about how long the walk is

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #15
wdw1972
Grand Villa

DAY 1 Ė Saturday 10/17/20
Who: Sue (61), DVC Member

Plan: Drive to WDW, Food & Wine

Actual: This morning I woke up at Chris, Amanda & Ariís place, having arrived Thursday afternoon for a Friday dental appointment. This morning Ari has t-ball at 8:30, so I was happy to get to see that in person. Heís clearly the athletic grandson, and enjoys any sport. Chris plays on a recreational league, and grew up at the ballpark, and of course Ariís grandfather is a former MLB player. SB is thrilled at the prospect of working with Ari as he gets older.

Since I have a bottle of white wine for Tuesday night (something I think Tiana will like), there was no point in getting on the road too early, as white wine doesnít belong in a hot car. The wine can spoil. As it turns out, the wine is on sale at Publix this week for less than I paid for it at Total Wine, so I could have just left it home and bought a bottle after being moved to the villa. Oh well. After t-ball we stopped at Dunkin Donuts and then went back to their home. Ari & I made a few Disney jigsaw puzzles, then we loaded my car and I was on the road by 11:30.

The drive was easy, other than some congestion on I-4. Since my studio wasnít quite ready yet, it didnít matter. I arrived at Beach Club before 3, and the security guy at the entrance said they were waiting for me at the front desk. I asked if that was in the main building or in the villas, and he assured me straight ahead in the main building. I thanked him and of course turned left into the villas parking lot. Grabbing a couple things, I walked through the quiet pool area and into the villas lobby, where I found a cast member stationed there for check-in. She confirmed the room wasnít ready yet, and said with the extra crap (my word Ė not hers) theyíre doing for covid now, rooms arenít being ready until after 4.

I decided to go sit in the room with the pool table, which is now covered up and off limits due to covid. Playing pool is a surefire way of getting infected I guess! Who knew?? I had my laptop, so I sat on a sofa and read email to pass the time. By 3:45 I was still waiting, and getting a bit irritated. Just then, I got the text with my room number, lol! Iím in the short hallway, overlooking the jacuzzi and quiet pool, so Iím definitely happy with my location.

I made another trip to the car, then quickly got settled into the studio. Since Iím only here 2 nights thereís no need to fully unpack, and stuff I wouldnít need until Monday or Tuesday is still in the trunk. Once settled, I walked over to Epcot.

Entering the park wasnít busy at all Ė no wait for temperature, security or entry. Once up in World Showcase though it was very busy. With the physical distancing, the queues at several of the food booths was really long! Since Iím not just here for this weekend, I chose not to bother with anything really busy Ė thereís time for that tomorrow or the next day, etc.

I turned left towards Canada and skipped that booth when I saw the line. Instead, I headed towards Future World in hopes of finding the Flavors from Fire booth. Sure enough, it was easy to find Ė over near Test Track. There may have been 1 person ahead of me in line, or maybe not. I know I had my chimichurri steak in no time flat. Some other time Iíll try the whoopie pie, when I have someone to share with. There were plenty of tables in the shade nearby, so I grabbed one (standing) and enjoyed the food. It was a really big portion for some reason, and quite tasty! Itís a good thing I didnít wait in line for the cheese soup in Canada before getting this.

Once it was gone I continued over to Mouse Gear, where I had to wait in a fast-moving line to get inside. They had some merchandise marked as 30% off, but nothing that appealed to me. Right now passholders and dvc members get 30% off everything anyway, and I found a couple items that were purchased w/SBís gift card as holiday gifts for me.

After exiting the store I went back to World Showcase, and did a loop around the countries, starting with Mexico. You could definitely tell it was the weekend, and most booths were very busy. The wait times on the attractions were too long for me to bother with any of them Ė like I said, this isnít my only day here. When I came back around to the International Gateway I continued on and went into the old Millenium Village between UK and Canada.

Today I got the potato pierogi w/kielbasa & caramelized onions, with a glass of a dry Riesling Ė both from the Festival Favorites booth. That was the only one without a line, lol Ė but Iíd wanted to try this food anyway. I took the food and wine to a stand-up table along the wall, and enjoyed both. The pierogi always gets cold too quickly, but it still tastes good. There were 4 slices of kielbasa, which surprised me because back in the old days I think we were lucky to get 3 Ė some times I think it was only 2. This was plenty, and enough to share.

Before I got the food, I shopped the Festival merchandise just inside the entrance, and ended up with a gift for SB and a Figment trivet for the kitchen. It has 2020 on there, but sadly Figment isnít wearing a mask <g>. Guess they didnít see all this coming when they ordered it.

After finishing the wine I continued walking part-way around, then turned around and headed back to exit the park via International Gateway. It was warm today, but there was a nice breeze that kept it from feeling too hot. It wasnít a sweaty day, thank goodness! It was now around 6:30 or so, and it was beautiful outside. I decided to ride the skyliner, since it had no wait.

As a party of 1 I get my own gondola, and once out of the station took off the mask. There was a great breeze blowing through, so it felt great! I got off at Caribbean Beach and there was no wait here either Ė I walked around and got back on the same gondola Iíd just left. After another nice ride back to Epcot, I got off and walked home to Beach Club. I made a detour to Beach Club Marketplace, but didnít buy anything today. No doubt weíll get food from here once SB arrives.

I got up to the studio around 7:30 and took the laptop out to the balcony to update the trip report. Several people were enjoying the pool and the jacuzzi Ė it was a great night to be outside. I poured a glass of wine, put my feet up, and relaxed!

Today was a great start to the trip, and Iím very happy to be back, and happy that it doesnít still feel like hell on earth in terms of the temperature so far. Iím not looking forward to Monday, knowing with the longer time to get rooms ready that means Iíll be homeless pretty much all day, but thatís the price of saving some points with a smaller room for the first couple nights.

Tomorrow I plan to enjoy time at the pool, which means the leisure pool since that opens at 7am and Stormalong Bay doesnít open til 10. Later Iíll spend time in Epcot again, and hopefully by Sunday evening itíll be getting less busy.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #16
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
The first stay was 11/6/2002 for 5 nights. I'm not sure when they opened, but I used points (don't count any cash stays - only those on my points). I've gotten the same room once, but had the same # but on a different floor a couple more times. I don't like anything past the single elevator - just prefer to be closer to the set of 2 elevators. With SB I like really close to the pair of elevators so I don't have to listen to him complain about how long the walk is
BCV opened July 1, 2002, according to touringplans.com.
FWIW our first stay was Dec 7-12 of that year. Without any special request, we got a room on the 5th floor with a beautiful direct view of Spaceship Earth!!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #17
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Following along. Have fun, Sue!
Old 10-18-2020, 02:46 AM   #18
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like an excellent start, Sue. Continue to enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #19
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

thanks for sharing another Sue trip!!!
Old 10-18-2020, 01:36 PM   #20
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

So far so good! Looking forward to the rest! Have a great trip!!!

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote