home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #21
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Glad to hear that youíre having a good time. Enjoyed reading about the food and wine as we will be there next week. Enjoy the Magic Kingdom.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #22
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

I'm really enjoying your trip report! Especially about the food and wine at Epcot. We will be there in 4 weeks and we are really looking forward to it.

I may have to add another Epcot day. It's my favorite.

I hope the AP pop-up store is still there when we arrive.

Have a wonderful time at the MK!

Upcoming Trips:
3/21 - 3/27 SSR
9/30 - 10/4 OKW
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #23
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Thanks for sharing all the fun and food info! They just announced the closing dates for F/W, and we'll actually have 1 more day/night there at the start of our Thanksgiving trip. woohoo! we missed getting cake pops last week, so hope to then, plus a few more favorites. Also glad to hear again that some wait times were inflated. Kids were very dissuaded by the wait times, so hope to convince them they may not be as bad as posted.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #24
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
Glad to hear that youíre having a good time. Enjoyed reading about the food and wine as we will be there next week. Enjoy the Magic Kingdom.
Thanks for following along! Enjoy your trip!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:09 PM   #25
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLinda View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report! Especially about the food and wine at Epcot. We will be there in 4 weeks and we are really looking forward to it.

I may have to add another Epcot day. It's my favorite.

I hope the AP pop-up store is still there when we arrive.

Have a wonderful time at the MK!
I think I read itís supposed to be there through 11/17. Hopefully youíll be there! 2 days at Epcot were perfect and plenty for me. Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Thanks for sharing all the fun and food info! They just announced the closing dates for F/W, and we'll actually have 1 more day/night there at the start of our Thanksgiving trip. woohoo! we missed getting cake pops last week, so hope to then, plus a few more favorites. Also glad to hear again that some wait times were inflated. Kids were very dissuaded by the wait times, so hope to convince them they may not be as bad as posted.
Thatís great that youíll get a bonus day. Iím sure theyíll start their Christmas stands while youíre there too! I donít think weíve encountered an accurate wait time this entire trip. Definitely inflated.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #26
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Great trip so far. But seriously how good were those cake pops? We had both m&m and the twix, good lord they were delicious. I also agree that everything we ate we liked. As for masks, I was saying the same thing to the wife how towards the end of the day, most people do not adhere to the mask rule. But for the most part I saw people following the rule. I totally felt secure walking at all parks and would most definitely go back.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:05 AM   #27
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Thank you so much. Have enjoyed following.

Your report and others have more or less prepared me and know what to expect more or less when we come soon.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #28
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
Great trip so far. But seriously how good were those cake pops? We had both m&m and the twix, good lord they were delicious. I also agree that everything we ate we liked. As for masks, I was saying the same thing to the wife how towards the end of the day, most people do not adhere to the mask rule. But for the most part I saw people following the rule. I totally felt secure walking at all parks and would most definitely go back.
After seeing the # of cases in Florida from yesterday alone (over 4,000), Iím convinced Disney World is the safest place in Florida right now. The cake pops were so good! Interesting you noticed the same thing about mask-wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Thank you so much. Have enjoyed following.

Your report and others have more or less prepared me and know what to expect more or less when we come soon.
Iím so glad! I read a lot of reports before coming too and I agree that it helped prepare me. Plus I love reading TRs!
Old 10-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #29
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I wrote this up last night but forgot to post. Iím currently sitting on my balcony eating the 7-layer cake that I brought back from The Wave the other night. I think I forgot to mention that they have TOWLís cake! I was too full from dinner, but got it to-go. Todayís our last day and I ate a cupcake for breakfast yesterday...so why not?

Weíve just returned from a wonderful day at MK. We walked in a little after 8:30 and got a few pictures in front of the castle. Of course Iíve seen the new paint job all week, but I just love it up close. Itís so pretty. Theyíre also painting the parking gate to match, I noticed. We took one of those zoom pictures and it really shows how empty it was at the beginning. Of course, that didnít last long. DH & I are convinced that if what weíve been experiencing is 25% capacity, then we are regularly experiencing 25% capacity crowds. Donít get me wrong, weíve been at Disney when MK was at full capacity during Christmas, and the crowds this past Presidentsí Day weekend was packed, but what we saw today is definitely on-par for what we normally see on our summer trips. I saw that someone posted on FB that MK was at capacity today, and sure enough I checked and it showed no availability for any parks except AK. I would guess that the line queues stretching out into the walkways make it look more crowded than it actually is, however. We rode Mine Train first. The posted wait time was 60 minutes and we knew it would only get longer throughout the day. I believe we only waited about 45 minutes. We had our traditional breakfast at Gastonís, and I was extremely disappointed to learn that they are not carrying the chocolate croissants right now. They DO have the gray stuff cupcake, so that was breakfast! DH loves the giant cinnamon rolls, but Iím not a big maple fan. Of course, we topped it off with a Lefou Brew. Next we rode Peter Pan. Iíve never gone through the standby line queue before and loved it! Typically the standby line is just way too long to wait. I think we waited about 30 min. today. We headed over to BTM and Splash, again wait times inflated by at least 20 minutes. We did not wait longer than an hour for any ride. We decided to get lunch after Splash, and were disappointed to learn Caseyís is closed. I knew Columbia Harbour House was (my usual go-to) and somehow I missed Caseyís. I had just read before leaving that the Lunching Pad had both types of cream cheese pretzels, so that was for lunch. We mobile ordered and checked in just as we were coming into Tomorrowland and we got the notification that it was ready before we even got there. We did check out the egg (pizza) roll stand on our way, but the line was way too long. Maybe tomorrow. After lunch, the lines were really long all over and Space Mountain had been closed for a while. We headed over to do Small World and Haunted Mansion. Believe it or not, we waited the longest for Small World, and it was pretty darn close to 50 minutes. We would not have waited that long had we known! The HM line queue wrapped all the way down through the Liberty Belle dock and back up again. It was really just so long due to distancing and I think we only waited 30-45 minutes. We walked around the Emporium for a little bit, didnít see anything I had to have. We spotted a few calvalcades, one with villains and another with the princesses. Merida is still riding her horse. We decided to ride Jungle Cruise before dinner at Skipper Canteen. The line for that started way back beyond Pirateís, but again only about 45 minutes or less. Jungle Cruise was the first and only ride that I felt a bit uncomfortable on. They put plexiglass barriers up between parties, but the boats were still packed full. It just felt a little too close for me. Our skipper was great, though and it was a good time. As we were exiting, something happened in the line queue up near the loading and there were CMs sounding alarms and running around. I tried to check it out, but couldnít figure it out. I told DH Iíll have to check the quarterly incident report and see if anything comes up.

Our dinner at Skipper Canteen was SO GOOD and Iím so glad that we decided to go there. I kept seeing mixed reviews, which scared me off, but we did not have a single disappointing thing. We got an appetizer of cachapas. Seriously, if we were to go back, especially for a lunch midday break, I would order it for my meal next time. DH said the same thing. So delicious. For dinner, I got the Curried Vegetable Crew Stew that was amazing. I wasnít quite sure about the tofu (I donít ever eat tofu), but it just took on the flavor of the curry and it was really good too. DH got the Perkins Thai Noodles, which he subbed out the tofu for chicken. Our skipper informed us that this can be done on any of their plant-based meals. I had a taste of his noodles and they were super good too. He said he wished they were a tad more spicy, but they had the perfect amount of spice for me. I also got a passion fruit sangria that was delicious. After dinner, we were so stuffed full, but we wanted to ride Pirates before we left. The posted wait was 45 and I think we waited about 35. We decided to hoof it back to the resort and get a head start on packing. Itís amazing how easy it is to pack up when itís just the two of us! Weíre going to spend about 5 hours at MK tomorrow (today) before heading to the airport. Weíll hit up Space first thing and then fill in with whatever we didnít do today (which isnít much!)
Old 10-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #30
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
We ate and drank way too much around Epcot today! We arrived around 10:30ish again and waited in no lines for temp check, security, or gates. I went to Starbucks to get a coffee, but they weren’t quite open yet. We walked back to the waffle place and they had just opened so we each got a waffle (chocolate ganache for me, fruit topping for DH) and by that point Starbucks had opened and already had a line. Oh well. We took our time with our “breakfast” then started around the World Showcase, starting with Mexico this time. DH & I shared both the taco and the tostada (I preferred the tostada) and we each got a margarita. Classic for DH, Mango Smoky for me—it was tasty!) Next, we decided to ride the Three Caballeros ride to get out of the heat. There was a family behind us who were letting their kids run up right behind us and it made me very uncomfortable. The mom was even beyond the line on the floor. The teacher in me came out and I pointed out that the line was behind them. They apologized, but I have no patience for that at this point. As expected, we hit up all the places we didn’t eat at yesterday or tried some different foods at some of the same booths. I feel like I didn’t eat as much today, but I drank more. It balances out, right?! I think the only food I was disappointed in was Italy-the food looked & tasted like a frozen meal. But, the Italian Margarita was so refreshing and might be my favorite drink of the day. It was very hot, so we took a lot of breaks in the shade, wherever we could find it. We knew we were in for the long haul and no reason to rush anywhere. By 3, we had made it around the showcase and decided to head to some rides. We rode Figment, the Land, and Nemo, waiting less than 10 minutes for each, despite posted wait times of 20+. Somewhere along the way we discussed Spice Road Table and decided to see if we could walk up there. It’s a place I’ve always wanted to try, but DH doesn’t typically like those flavors. The alcohol or the heat, or both, must’ve gotten to him because we ended up getting in there at 4:45. I was between the chef’s special of chicken schwarma or the lamb sliders and the server told me go with the sliders...holy wow. They did not disappoint! Probably one of the best things I’ve had in a long time. It was just so flavorful. The mint iced tea was also very refreshing on such a hot day.

I also forgot to mention that on our first time around the WS, we happened upon an AP pop-up shop in Germany. Apparently it started a few days ago, I don’t remember reading anything about it. It seemed like a lot of stuff they were just trying to get rid of. A lot of stuff was 50% off and then they gave the 30% AP discount on top of it. There was a hoodie I really liked but couldn’t find it in my size. I got DD a flag Minnie Mouse stuffie (she has somewhat of a collection at this point) and a cool Mickey Mouse Epcot shirt for DS. I paid $18 for both! I love a deal. We made another trip around after dinner and DH got a few beers and another margarita. I was so stuffed at that point I couldn’t possibly eat or drink anything else. The observation I made yesterday about people being more sloppy with their mask-wearing the later it got seemed to still be true. I feel bad for the CMs enforcing. They keep making announcements that if you’re not wearing your mask properly, you will be asked to leave. Maybe it’s time to start enforcing and people will take it more seriously. We ended up leaving around 8, so we definitely put it a full day.

I’m looking forward to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. I don’t think there will ever come a time when I don’t love that park!
So you hit the perfect day for SIL and I. We LOVE the Italian Margarita and a meal at Spice Road table. Actually, so do DH and BIL. So so so good. Then you have to decide if you get the baklava trio there or scoot on over to Germany for a salted caramel. MMMMMmmmmm!!! Can't wait for our trip coming up! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more. By the way...SIL was a middle school teacher and DD is going to be a teacher so I love having them with me at WDW because they too do not hesitate to use their teachers voice when needed. Other SIL is also a teacher and nephew is too and niece is going to be and FIL was a teacher....whole family pretty much. Great to do big family trips with them. They can be the bad guys with the big voices and I can sit back and enjoy. LOL!!!!

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote