home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Default Back for Another Week - September 2020

Tonight is my last night in Orlando this trip. It's been a whirlwind this week, with a huge focus on our vacation place and one short trip to Hollywood Studios. The crowds are back in the parks. Or at least it felt that way, as I waited an hour to ride Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad and was not able to get a boarding party for Rise of the Resistance. From other reports, Hollywood Studios is the most crowded of the parks now. I believe it.

Tomorrow morning, I'll get up early to start the drive back to OK. DH is not sure if he's coming with me or staying another few days to finish up a few things. I'll do a video walk through in the morning to highlight some of the work we've been doing.

One thing has become increasingly obvious this week. I'm loving this place. Coming to our second home, even with the self-imposed stress of redoing it, is fantastic. What we do here is ours. I've enjoyed every moment of picking furniture, colors, flooring and planning what we will do to keep upgrading slowly over the next several years.

Retirement is about 15 years away. This is absolutely where I want to be when I retire. That gives time to pay it off & get it to exactly what we want while enjoying years of vacations here.

One thing I really noticed this week is that how I do Disney is going to change. Staying outside the bubble left me more interested in other things to do around here. I anticipate going to the parks a few times for a few hours at a time rather than open to close. That's how it worked out this week anyway.

So, pics & vids coming tomorrow, but this will be a short TR. It's good to be here; I wish I could stay longer. Maybe next trip!!

Amy's MouseOwner Trip Report List

Amy's Author Page - A Year of Disney, Camping Disney & Building Awesome Vacations

Amy's Blog
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds excellent, thanks for sharing. Safe drive back!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Can you drop Craig off in Arkansas on your way back? We won’t keep him long, I promise. Just need to know if this eyesore is a load-bearing wall, or if I can safely take it down.

But seriously, hope you guys are having a blast with the new “home.” Looking forward to the video walkthrough! And as Brian said, safe travels!
Old 09-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #4
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Safe travels and thank you for sharing.

Definitely looking forward to your video and some pictures!! Exciting for sure!! Enjoy your new place!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #5
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks!

LOL, he could stop in Arkansas, but getting to a decision on that wall might be a six month project. :-)

Here's the video walk through from this morning. Amy FL Place Sep 2020

Amy's MouseOwner Trip Report List

Amy's Author Page - A Year of Disney, Camping Disney & Building Awesome Vacations

Amy's Blog
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Can you drop Craig off in Arkansas on your way back? We won’t keep him long, I promise. Just need to know if this eyesore is a load-bearing wall, or if I can safely take it down.

But seriously, hope you guys are having a blast with the new “home.” Looking forward to the video walkthrough! And as Brian said, safe travels!

Whatever Mindy is offering, I'll double the amount. I'll even pay extra if you have craig airdropped in New England by next week. I really have a lot of projects that need done!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:57 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Love what you’ve done so far, Amy! I’m especially interested in a little more info (when you have time) on how Craig screened in the porch and balcony. I’d love to screen in my front porch and side porch, but I don’t really know where to start. And Tim is busy with a thousand other projects.
I think that the balcony and porch are going to be used so much more with the screening. Your neighbors will all want theirs screened in too. Can’t wait to see the finished product!!
Old 09-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Whatever Mindy is offering, I'll double the amount. I'll even pay extra if you have craig airdropped in New England by next week. I really have a lot of projects that need done!
Hey now! I asked first! I have animals. And he can bring Samantha!