home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #31
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Fantastic to know. Thanks! Do you know if they are unborrowing points for ANY cancelled resie? I have a late Nov resie and then a Jan resie and we might cancel one or both and I used some borrowed points. Nov resie wasn't made that long ago.
I will also confirm this. Unborrowed my points without issue about 2 weeks ago.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #32
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'm getting confused as first it sounded like your renter called MS directly. Instead they were talking to the front desk staff, correct? And they handled the switch? If so that's always been a gap in the system. From what MS has told me they don't want the hotel staff to do that but sometimes they still do.
I was told from MS that the front desk must have done it.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #33
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
My question is why the renter did this at all. Wasn’t it made clear that this reservation was for Copper Creek only? I would be just as mad at the renter if not more. Better firm up the conditions now before they make charges to your room and then decide not to pay.
I know the renter and am not worried about that. More upset they are moving points around without my knowledge even if they are returning them.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #34
MMC1
Grand Villa

Well this is interesting. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Another thing for renters to be aware of. And wee should take care of our point usage, past& present because mistakes can be made ( & adjustments too) ... but what if everybody did this?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:26 PM   #35
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Well this is interesting. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Another thing for renters to be aware of. And wee should take care of our point usage, past& present because mistakes can be made ( & adjustments too) ... but what if everybody did this?
One would not be rented too for long if they did.

It's happened infrequently in the past and with some reports of increased point usage.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #36
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I know the renter and am not worried about that. More upset they are moving points around without my knowledge even if they are returning them.
Honestly rightfully so! I'd be quite po'd myself if that happened. MS should not be doing that at all.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #37
FessParker1
Grand Villa

And both reservations are still showing on my dashboard. I'm wondering if they could go over and go back in there old room.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #38
MMC1
Grand Villa

The front desk can put points back if there is a problem while Member is in their room , so I guess this kinda falls in that category. But changing the actual Resort is very unexpected and strange.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #39
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
And both reservations are still showing on my dashboard. I'm wondering if they could go over and go back in there old room.
You got the points back plus the reservation is still showing? That is odd and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they could get into the old room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
The front desk can put points back if there is a problem while Member is in their room , so I guess this kinda falls in that category. But changing the actual Resort is very unexpected and strange.
My experience is that front desk actually has to request MS to put the points back. Sometimes that happens right away and sometimes MS takes a week or two. We've kind of been thru OP's experience only it was us and not renters. The front desk can take points but not necessarily put them back in the status they should and I think if it's an adjustment for a problem then MS definitely has to do that. We've had that as well and it was MS.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #40
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
My question is why the renter did this at all. Wasn’t it made clear that this reservation was for Copper Creek only? I would be just as mad at the renter if not more. Better firm up the conditions now before they make charges to your room and then decide not to pay.
I agree!