home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #21
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Glad you found your hair dryer. Enjoying your travels so far. Looking forward to more. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:39 AM   #22
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Disney Springs oh how I missed you!!! We stopped at Guest Relations to make sure our tickets were correct. D-Luxe burger for some fries. Yum!!! I missed their sauces especially the horseradish one and picked one from the app but it made me break out in a sweat from the heat lol. Then we went to Polite Pig for Bill. Pretty healthy lunch for him besides the cornbread muffin which he didnít eat. He had the half chicken. He inhales his food so it didnít take too long to finish especially since he knew I was itching to get SHOPPING! We hit World of Disney first. I had a few items I was looking for me, DD and my friend Kim. The last time I was in here was in Dec/Jan and it was PACKED so it was glorious in the morning with hardly anyone in the store. I found my shoe lace charms 😊 Ink and Paint color changing mug for DD. Halloween candle for DD. Checked Alex and Ani for the new Herc and no luck. Found the Halloween Loungefly and I was good to go. Kimís stuff I knew would be at Epcot but I did check. I needed Disney sunglasses but no luck there. Lots of merch. I do wonder if that will dry up in this economy but weíll see. They have a great variety. Lower the price a tad and it might move more. Maybe not but 30% off starts again the 15th thru Oct 29th (found out afterwards) but thatís ok. Iím not sure I can get the Loungefly home lol but Iíll try. I have one that I bought in GA. We hit the Coop. I need Disney sunglasses. I broke both pairs this spring, one in my fall walking and the other just snapped. No luck. I headed to Ever After Jewelry for the Alex bracelet. The CM told me only direct shipments from Alex do only Shop Disney and the AA store would have it so I went around the corner. I forgot no new merchandise releases were happening at the parks which is sad because they didnít have anything new in the store. They were the go to place for Dooneys, Loungefly and Alex and Ani. The actually store has loads of Alex and Ani and I saw the Herc lightening bolt for DD. She loves AA and her favorite movie is Hercules. LOVES MEG!! Never met her back in the day at the parks. Need a Moonlight Magic at MK now if thatís a thing eventually again. I also spotted a new Jiminy and texted Kim. ďI need thatĒ came back. Knew sheíd want it. So then we were off. I received a room ready text at 9:30 am in the drive. So we were off. Donít get too excited about that DVCerswe are staying at Pop.

Iím going to post this to make sure it will post on Disney WiFi.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #23
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Caught up on this TR yesterday. Enjoying all the fun. Thanks for sharing all the experiences traveling, and in Savannah. I hope we can get back there sooner than later. We had one day there several years ago, and got to visit with a very dear, old cousin for a lot of that.
Thanks again for all of the updates, and sharing the fun. Looking forward to more!!!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #24
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I wasn’t exactly sure where the room was but we were in 70s and from the map I could tell we were in the closer building to the parking lot. Works for me!!! I don’t remember with all the trip moving why we are at Pop but we are and we really like Pop for the price. I could have booked a few others but the prices for rooms is insane and we are not in the room much (even post/during Covid). We were 4th floor. I really wanted first for ease of moving and shaking but as it turns out we were close to the elevator and this way no one would be bouncing on our heads! Also the WiFi at Pop is one of the best on property...go figure. Never kicks you off.

We started with the luggage and took a lighter load. Nothing worse than hunting for a room with your arms numb from hauling luggage. We opted not to get a cart in the era of Covid. Score when we exited the elevator because we were just around the corner. Dumped the first load. Holy Cow!! Exercise in the humidity with a mask was HOT! We headed for the second and final load. So glad our bands worked on the door! Yippee!! This is when we were really feeling the heat after stepping in the AC and it was 1-ish so it was stoking hot outside. We did the rest in one more run. This was our Ludowici GA Walmart run supplies. So glad DH can Farmer’s Walk with larger quantities of plastic bags dumped the stuff and we were off to the Skyliner. SO EXCITED I WAS ABOUT COMING OUT OF MY SKIN. My goal was to be at Epcot by 2:00 and we’d make that.

To add: one cute thing I bought were the cat and dog towels for DD and DIL. Super cute. I really should buy the cats for me. Aristocats is a favorite.

The Skyliner was glorious. We were to be at RR part of our fall trip with our kids but that got axed. When I finally moved the trip and left it and we knew we’d probably all have jobs dvc cash discounts were gone and I was staying at RR for DD and the Skyliner. I’m not a fan of CBR for its size for the Skyliner. Pop is more compact AND Bill knows it well and he needs that on vacation. He has no directional sense so is flustered the entire first part of the trip

I love the Skyliner and I never thought I’d ride it. Fear of heights. Absolutely love the ease of hitching a ride on one. I had forgotten how the lines worked but remembered as we were cruising thru the air. We were at Epcot before we knew it, leading Bill along as we hopped off and back on at CBR. I didn’t remember all the ins and outs of security but figured we’d figure it out. Take out umbrellas only. Bill was a little confused since he had the umbrellas and the CM asked if I really wanted him to be let in...so funny. Oh how I missed that from Disney CMs we hit the store as we were entering as I saw the Scavenger hunt sign and I was on the hunt for shoulder Figment for Kim. She LOVES Figment! I saw Remy (so cute) and asked about Figment...yup walked right by him. Paid and was ready...oops...saw the Bee shirt from Flower and Garden for Kim so grabbed that and cashed out again. 30% off and 20% dvc discount so it was cheaper than Figment. Cool. Headed towards France. So very empty....

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 09-11-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #25
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Bill on the Skyliner on our Magical Flight to Epcot.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:29 AM   #26
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

This isn’t France but look how empty. This was around 4

Old 09-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #27
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

For those who didn’t see my nail art on the large Covid thread.

I also am having to post the image link and then edit before it shows up. Something with a Disney WiFi.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #28
JudieHopps
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
For those who didnít see my nail art on the large Covid thread.

I also am having to post the image link and then edit before it shows up. Something with a Disney WiFi.

Fantastic voyage for sure!

Love the nails! Very nice!
I missed them in the other thread?
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Yay pics too! Very empty. Kind of why I wish I could go right now (darn school)
Old 09-11-2020, 09:25 PM   #30
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado

Kim, I AM SO HAPPY to see you soaking up the magic. You deserve every smile for what this year has brought you. Soak it up!!
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote