home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #11
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Yay - I was able to get here this time!

Deb - I did see they eliminated all the breakfast sandwiches from BW bakery. What a shame. Hope they come back - at least the one I will eat! But from here it wouldn't have worked anyway, since the skyliner to Epcot doesn't start until 10:30.

DAY 1 Ė Thursday 8/13/20
Who: Sue (61), DVC Member

Plan: Drive to WDW, Food & Wine

Actual: Work was crazy, as expected. I went in before 5am hoping to leave by 1, but it was after 1:30 before I could get out and get on the road. I was able to take care of some stuff by phone call once out on the highway. Unfortunately, I kept getting ďroom not readyĒ messages, even though I arrived after 3pm (yes, I know check in is 4pm). I parked in the 30-minute spot and went into the lobby.

A nice cast member went into the back room for a while and when he came back told me my room was ready. He gave me the number and I recognized it could not be a tower studio, which is what Iíd booked. He confirmed it was a regular deluxe studio, so evidently I was upgraded. Although I was interested to try the tower studio, I guess this is better.

Remember the headache getting into my room last time I had them make sure my magic band would work, then went and moved the car to the regular parking lot. This time I knew to enter through the closer door rather than trudge up through the lobby, so that helped. I was able to get everything in one trip, and the studio is in the same area as my last one, except on a different floor.

I got into the studio without any problem this time, with less than 20 minutes until my conference call. I got mostly settled, and finished unpacking after dialing in for the call. Once that ended, I couldnít access my work email from the laptop, so I had to type a long email detailing the calls from the car to share the info with key people back in Gainesville, the other 2 facilities, and our state office. Typing a long message on an iphone is no fun, lol!

Once that was done it was after 5:15 so I got up and headed to the Skyliner for my first visit to Epcot since last March. As I approached the skyliner I could see it moving, but there was a sign saying it was closed. A couple younger women were standing there and told me it was still closed but they were waiting since they thought it should open soon. We got to talking Ė one was an owner at Aulani, and before long the cast members took away the closed sign. We parted ways and I walked around to board the skyliner to Epcot. Nobody was in line, so I walked right onto my gondola!

At Epcot there was no wait for anything Ė temperature, security & entry were all done instantly. They no longer touch your bags or go through them, and at entry itís just the magic band but no finger reading. The park itself was much less crowded than normal, which was nice. Unfortunately it was also much hotter than normal when Iím usually here, so that was not nice.

I turned left towards United Kingdom and was able to walk right into the old Millenium Village where they currently have the Orchard booth, mac & cheese booth, desserts & festival favorites. Thereís also a piano set up where Carol Stein plays Disney music. I went to the mac & cheese booth, getting the traditional mac & cheese. There are plenty of tables (standing mostly) spaced around, so I had no trouble taking my pick of several. The mac & cheese was very good Ė the reviews were right.

Carol came out & started playing music, so I moved over in that direction, and after finishing the mac & cheese waited until the next song ended to say hello before heading back outside. Soon Iíll try one of the nitro cake pops, but didnít it right then and later was too hot to make the brief detour to get one before leaving.

The food booths had short or no lines, and the festival shops were just carrying Flower & Garden stuff. There were a number of other Food & Wine booths that are opening in ďfallĒ, so there will be more booths than there are currently Ė thatís good news. I walked into Future World, which is mostly construction walls and construction. My destination was Mouse Gear, which of course is about as far away from International Gateway as you can get! The air conditioning felt great, and I found the 2021 calendar, then was able to check out with no line or wait. The low crowds really are nice!

Once the calendar was purchased I headed back to World Showcase by way of Test Track. I was excited to see the single rider line wait was zero minutes, but then I learned itís because itís not open. Thereís just one line and the wait was 35 minutes, so I passed. I cut through Odyssey for another brief air-conditioned respite, then continued walking around the countries. I had a neck fan and turned it on, but with the sun shining it didnít help a whole lot. It was better than nothing, though.

While in the park I kept hearing the announcement they play repeatedly Ė every few minutes it seems. It reminds people to wear a face covering, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and social distancing. Also practice good hand hygiene, cover your cough, etc. Youíd be listening to the Disney themed music and then all of a sudden have the announcement instead Ė a bit odd. All the adults I saw (not at tables eating) were wearing masks, and I only saw 1 couple who had pulled their down & were drinking while walking. I only saw a couple kids who were clearly older than 2 who werenít wearing masks. Many of the cast members were wearing masks and face shields Ė I canít even imagine that in this heat!

In Morocco I got a chocolate baklava to take back to the resort, and from there I left the park and headed to the skyliner. Itís odd for me to only do 1 loop, but it was so hot and wearing a mask was not pleasant, so Iíd had enough. At the skyliner once again I walked right onto my gondola and got off at Caribbean Beach to transfer to the line to Pop Century. On the Disney site, the shop or food court sells a half bottle (375 ml size bottle) of sauvignon blanc and I wanted to get one for the room.

From the skyliner I had to walk through the resort to get to the main building. I am so not a fan of the value resorts. It was just more congested & busy overall, with the pool packed with people & kids. The motel style rooms are a real turnoff, too. I went inside and saw the wines they sell, and the one online was not even listed! They had a different sauvignon blanc on the wine list, but it was a full bottle and they didnít have any of them anyway Ė what a waste of time! Keep in mind itís hot, Iím wearing a mask & carrying a backpack, camera, calendar in a bag, and piece of baklava, lol!

The sky was getting really dark so I headed right back to the skyliner. Once onboard they made an announcement that a storm was in the area and they may shut down at any time. Gee, thanks. I made it to Caribbean Beach and it was still running, so I quickly got onto my gondola to Riviera. Once I got onboard I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing if they shut down theyíd make me exit at Riviera and that was my destination.

It didnít shut down while I was there, and after getting off I walked over to the counter service place here. A cast member greeted me at the entrance, asking Iíd placed a mobile order. I said no, that I just wanted to look around. She looked concerned, and I asked if that wasnít allowed or something, and she said it wasnít. My goodness! Some of this covid crap is just ridiculous. I continued, and asked if that applied to even the little bakery/market area (which is where I was headed). She looked around and let me come in to see what they had Ė it almost felt like being smuggled into a restricted area, lol! I saw the banana bread Iíd enjoyed on my last visit, and bought that, then headed out.

I checked out the stuff off the lobby Ė the bar/lounge is not open, and the Petit Cafť didnít have much of interest to me. I forgot the gift shop Ė will have to check that out another day. I went up to the studio, happy to cool off! Iíd brought some cheese, crackers & meat with me, so I prepared a small portion of that and changed out of my sweaty clothes. The best part was taking off the mask!

Once nice touch here is when you turn on the tv it shows a message welcoming you (by last name). I turned on HGTV and sat down to finish todayís report & enjoy my snack. If I want something sweet later Iíll eat part of the baklava. Thereís no reason to leave the studio thatís worth putting a mask back on, lol!

Today, after I got here and got the work stuff out of the way, I actually started relaxing. Even with it being so hot & having to wear a mask, it is great to be here. Iím a little disappointed to not experience a tower studio, but have to admit the regular ones are a whole lot better! Upgrades are few and far between with DVC too, so Iím not complaining.

Tomorrow we have a lot going on at work, but most of it doesnít directly involve me. Iíll have a couple conference calls in the afternoon, so hopefully my morning will be free to enjoy the pool area Ė assuming the heat doesnít send me indoors early <g>. Later in the day Iíll head back over to Epcot Ė probably no earlier than I went today.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #12
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Sue! Glad you made it there.

Big question of the evening..... did you eventually get wine?
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 PM   #13
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Thanks Sue! Glad you made it there.

Big question of the evening..... did you eventually get wine?
LOL - Yes, the little wine I'd thrown in the cooler before leaving home. I'll have to ration it to last 3 days ;-)

Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM   #14
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Yes.....Another Sue trip report!!!

Stay safe and have fun!
Old 08-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #15
pacman
Grand Villa

Tuning in - can't wait for the trip report.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #16
CathyS
Studio

Hi!

I can see myself doing exactly the same wine hunt you just did. (Including the hike carrying too much stuff in the heat!).

Have you used the app to mobile order? (I totally checked this before posting from my couch). You can see the list of (half) bottles of wine that they should have available. Pop does has a Sauvignon Blanc thatís a half bottle. (And 3 others..) But itís probably hidden. And riviera has the 2 that they had before, the Chardonnay and the Pinot. Obviously, I havenít tried it... but I imagine you can order before trekking out to another resort. Let me know if you try it!

Have a great trip!
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #17
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Riviera

Do you think you will stay at the Riviera on a regular basis
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #18
BugsDad
Grand Villa

Sounds like a good start. Have fun!

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #19
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Cathy - I do have the app, but didn't think to use it to find wine. I saw the small bottle of sauvignon blanc at Pop on the MDE site, but when I got to Pop there was no sign of it anywhere. Didn't think to try to mobile order it.

As for staying at Riviera regularly, I don't own points here so it may not happen too often. The preferred view studios are not worth the high points, and the other studios are pretty much gone by the 7-month point. That doesn't mean I won't check the site from time to time to find a weekend to add ;-) I do like the resort.

DAY 2 Ė Friday 3/14/20

Plan: Pool, Food & Wine

Actual: For whatever reason, I didnít sleep as well as I usually do at Disney. The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, but I was awake a lot. Around 5:30 I got up, which is ďsleeping inĒ for me these days. I made my cappuccino and brought it back to bed, and did some online stuff while watching the local news. I was surprised to see the results of my latest covid test Ė just done day before yesterday. Thatís less than 48 hours turnaround! Iím still negative, as expected. Listening to the media youíd think youíre going to get infected if you step out of your house (ok, some exaggeration there), but itís very possible to live life (shop in stores, go out to eat, go to Disney, etc) without catching it.

Just before 8 I had my egg and bacon for breakfast, then ate part of the banana bread (delicious, with chocolate chunks) before changing into a swimsuit and heading down to the quiet pool. This pool is open 7am Ė 11pm, while the feature pool (with slide) doesnít open until 9am. Without Ari here, I prefer the non-feature pools, as theyíre less crowded & generally quieter due to few kids.

I got down there around 8:30 and the area was totally shaded. One other lady was already on a chaise lounge and a family was eating breakfast at a table. I checked the location of the sun and chose a chaise lounge accordingly, at the end of the row. They have small groups of chairs, separated from other groups, to allow for distancing. My group had 3 chairs, so I knew I wouldnít have anyone near me at all.

By 8:45 the sun was peeking up over the building, and in no time at all it was pretty hot out there! I spent a lot of time in the pool because of that (sitting on the steps), and used plenty of sunscreen since it had been so long since I was out in the sun. At one point while I was sitting on the steps reading a couple in the pool called my name Ė it was fellow dvc members and HAL cruisers Dave & Rosie, who Iíd met before in Epcot a few years back Ė think it was the year of the final Merry Mixer. It was so nice to see them & talk with them again!

Somehow I lost an hour out there on my chair (no, didnít fall asleep, and wasnít drinking anything but water). I thought it was almost 11, but then saw it was a couple minutes before noon! With my first conference call at 1:15, I dried off & hurried back up to the studio to shower & get dressed/blow dried. By 1pm I had some cheese, crackers & salami prepared, and was able to update the report before the call started.

I did my 2 calls, and worked on another issue by phone with a co-worker. It was still too hot to go out, so I stayed in the studio a bit longer and downloaded my photos. It looks so nice outside, and Iíd love to be able to go for a walk, but not in this heat/humidity and not having to wear a mask. Maybe Iíll try for a weekend here in cooler weather.

At 3:40 I checked the local weather Ė it was 98 degrees & sunny. Yuck. Thunderstorms were possible at 6pm. Checking the hourly weather, the heat wasnít letting up, due to the thunderstorm possibility being pretty low. Of course any lightning will shut down the skyliner and thatís my biggest issue. I wonít want to have to walk to the front of the park to catch a bus back Ė that defeats the point of staying at Riviera for this trip.

I was out the door by 4, and talked to work on the way to Epcot. Once again I walked right onto the Skyliner, but today I had to wait in line at both security and the entry. It might help if they opened more than one lane Ė just saying! The park was also quite a bit busier than last night, although nowhere near what would be normal for Food & Wine on a Friday. The booths were a mix of no lines and long lines.

I turned right today, since it was so awful walking into the hot sun yesterday Ė I figured it might be marginally better having it at my back. I also figured the air conditioned big place (between UK and Canada) would be a good spot to cool down before heading out. Itís a shame to see Chefs de France closed, but not every country has opened their restaurants while the crowds are being kept so low.

I wandered through the shops in Germany, hoping to cool off but they were a little warm since the doors are kept open. The wine shop didnít seem to be selling glasses of wine, which puzzled me but I didnít ask. I didnít go into the ones at France or Italy to see if it was the same there.

I was curious to see what the bratwurst in pretzel roll looks like this year, so I stood by the exit, in some shade, and watched for someone to walk by with one. I saw everything but the darn bratwurst, lol! Then to my right came a couple masked guys in fancy clothes walking alongside a team of horses. The horses were pulling a trolley car full of Disney princesses. Each princess was in her own row, and they didnít have to wear masks.

Approaching Mexico, I was going to ride the boat ride, but when I realized the line was snaked around outside the building (in the sun), I turned around and left. That was just crazy! Iím not sure what the line was for, other to get inside the pavilion.

I browsed through both of the shops at the entry point to World Showcase, mainly seeking air conditioning. From there I thought about the cheese soup & pretzel roll from Canada, but the line was crazy long at that booth. There was no line at the citrus booth across the way, so I got the crispy chicken breast and took it to a table in the shade. It was pretty good, but bigger than some Iíve gotten in the past. I ate most of it, but didnít finish it. I think I drank most of my cold water, too Ė it was really hot outside.

From there I stopped at the Milennium Village place (I know, I need to learn the current name) and since there wasnít any wait to get in, I went inside. It was so nice & cool in there!! They had a guy at the piano, playing Disney music. Carolís off Fri/Sat, so itís nice they have someone else for those days. I decided to try one of the cake pops, since I was there. I had about 3 people in line ahead of me, but being inside with air conditioning I didnít mind.

I ordered the one with crushed M&M pieces, and had to wait while they made it. They took the cake pop, dipped it in chocolate, pressed it onto a plate of crushed M&Ms and then put it in the liquid nitrogen container to flash freeze it (or whatever it does). I took it to a table and spread out some napkins figuring pieces would fall and Iíd want to still eat them <g>. The cake pop was delicious Ė but big! And rich! Omigod, it was more than I needed, but I ate every bite Ė stuffed by the time I finished. This would be good to share Ė bet Ari would have helped me!

After finishing the last drop of cold water, I put my mask back on and headed outside, leaving via International Gateway. It had been getting dark beyond Spaceship Earth, but didnít look too immediately threatening so I detoured over to the Boardwalk. I walked around there, spending time in the Screen Door for a/c, and then thought Iíd continue around and go by Yacht & Beach. However, past Atlantic Dance I was met with a barricade saying the bridge was closed, and I remembered the NBA was probably still over there so this was their ďbubbleĒ. I turned around and walked back, and went to Beach Club from the other end.

The regular Beach Club is not open Ė only the villas. I went into the shop & Marketplace, but didnít buy anything. After that I walked back to the Skyliner and rode home to Riviera, arriving around 7. After dropping my stuff off, I grabbed the camera and went out to take photos around the resort. This time I remembered to visit the gift shop, for the first time. Itís cute, and they had some nice things. A new DVC member umbrella caught my eye, and since today is the last day of 30% off I bought it. However, I had left my bag in the studio so I had no dvc card or passholder card. The cast member saw my phone in my other hand and mentioned the app, so he was able to verify I was a passholder from that.

Since all I had was my magic band I had to pay that way, but it didnít like my PIN. Iíve only ever used one PIN in my life at Disney, but it was not taking it. I didnít feel like bothering with the front desk resetting it, since I typically use a gift card or Disney Rewards card, so I ran up to the room to get my wallet. Thankfully my room is pretty close, so it took not time at all. Umbrella purchased, I headed back up to the studio.

By 7:45 the sky was darkening and there was a lot of lightning flashing off my balcony. Iím pretty sure the skyliner was shut down by now. I turned on HGTV, poured some wine, and worked on the report & photos Ė just a relaxing evening at home <g>. Today was a nice day Ė work wasnít a big deal, and I had lots of time to just chill out and not be bothered. The only negative is the weather, but nobody (including Disney) can do anything about Ė I know better than to come this time of year, but I figured it would be just a resort trip. Then they started Food & Wine early, so now I go into the park in this weather, lol!

Tomorrow Chris, Amanda, Ari & Amandaís mom Martha arrive for their trip. Theyíre staying at the Contemporary on cash, in the short building (unless maybe they get upgraded to the tower). They hope to get to Epcot around 3, which works for me Ė I can have another pool morning!

Old 08-14-2020, 08:59 PM   #20
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
Cathy - I do have the app, but didn't think to use it to find wine. I saw the small bottle of sauvignon blanc at Pop on the MDE site, but when I got to Pop there was no sign of it anywhere. Didn't think to try to mobile order it.

As for staying at Riviera regularly, I don't own points here so it may not happen too often. The preferred view studios are not worth the high points, and the other studios are pretty much gone by the 7-month point. That doesn't mean I won't check the site from time to time to find a weekend to add ;-) I do like the resort.

DAY 2 Ė Friday 3/14/20

Plan: Pool, Food & Wine

Actual: For whatever reason, I didnít sleep as well as I usually do at Disney. The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, but I was awake a lot. Around 5:30 I got up, which is ďsleeping inĒ for me these days. I made my cappuccino and brought it back to bed, and did some online stuff while watching the local news. I was surprised to see the results of my latest covid test Ė just done day before yesterday. Thatís less than 48 hours turnaround! Iím still negative, as expected. Listening to the media youíd think youíre going to get infected if you step out of your house (ok, some exaggeration there), but itís very possible to live life (shop in stores, go out to eat, go to Disney, etc) without catching it.

Just before 8 I had my egg and bacon for breakfast, then ate part of the banana bread (delicious, with chocolate chunks) before changing into a swimsuit and heading down to the quiet pool. This pool is open 7am Ė 11pm, while the feature pool (with slide) doesnít open until 9am. Without Ari here, I prefer the non-feature pools, as theyíre less crowded & generally quieter due to few kids.

I got down there around 8:30 and the area was totally shaded. One other lady was already on a chaise lounge and a family was eating breakfast at a table. I checked the location of the sun and chose a chaise lounge accordingly, at the end of the row. They have small groups of chairs, separated from other groups, to allow for distancing. My group had 3 chairs, so I knew I wouldnít have anyone near me at all.

By 8:45 the sun was peeking up over the building, and in no time at all it was pretty hot out there! I spent a lot of time in the pool because of that (sitting on the steps), and used plenty of sunscreen since it had been so long since I was out in the sun. At one point while I was sitting on the steps reading a couple in the pool called my name Ė it was fellow dvc members and HAL cruisers Dave & Rosie, who Iíd met before in Epcot a few years back Ė think it was the year of the final Merry Mixer. It was so nice to see them & talk with them again!

Somehow I lost an hour out there on my chair (no, didnít fall asleep, and wasnít drinking anything but water). I thought it was almost 11, but then saw it was a couple minutes before noon! With my first conference call at 1:15, I dried off & hurried back up to the studio to shower & get dressed/blow dried. By 1pm I had some cheese, crackers & salami prepared, and was able to update the report before the call started.

I did my 2 calls, and worked on another issue by phone with a co-worker. It was still too hot to go out, so I stayed in the studio a bit longer and downloaded my photos. It looks so nice outside, and Iíd love to be able to go for a walk, but not in this heat/humidity and not having to wear a mask. Maybe Iíll try for a weekend here in cooler weather.

At 3:40 I checked the local weather Ė it was 98 degrees & sunny. Yuck. Thunderstorms were possible at 6pm. Checking the hourly weather, the heat wasnít letting up, due to the thunderstorm possibility being pretty low. Of course any lightning will shut down the skyliner and thatís my biggest issue. I wonít want to have to walk to the front of the park to catch a bus back Ė that defeats the point of staying at Riviera for this trip.

I was out the door by 4, and talked to work on the way to Epcot. Once again I walked right onto the Skyliner, but today I had to wait in line at both security and the entry. It might help if they opened more than one lane Ė just saying! The park was also quite a bit busier than last night, although nowhere near what would be normal for Food & Wine on a Friday. The booths were a mix of no lines and long lines.

I turned right today, since it was so awful walking into the hot sun yesterday Ė I figured it might be marginally better having it at my back. I also figured the air conditioned big place (between UK and Canada) would be a good spot to cool down before heading out. Itís a shame to see Chefs de France closed, but not every country has opened their restaurants while the crowds are being kept so low.

I wandered through the shops in Germany, hoping to cool off but they were a little warm since the doors are kept open. The wine shop didnít seem to be selling glasses of wine, which puzzled me but I didnít ask. I didnít go into the ones at France or Italy to see if it was the same there.

I was curious to see what the bratwurst in pretzel roll looks like this year, so I stood by the exit, in some shade, and watched for someone to walk by with one. I saw everything but the darn bratwurst, lol! Then to my right came a couple masked guys in fancy clothes walking alongside a team of horses. The horses were pulling a trolley car full of Disney princesses. Each princess was in her own row, and they didnít have to wear masks.

Approaching Mexico, I was going to ride the boat ride, but when I realized the line was snaked around outside the building (in the sun), I turned around and left. That was just crazy! Iím not sure what the line was for, other to get inside the pavilion.

I browsed through both of the shops at the entry point to World Showcase, mainly seeking air conditioning. From there I thought about the cheese soup & pretzel roll from Canada, but the line was crazy long at that booth. There was no line at the citrus booth across the way, so I got the crispy chicken breast and took it to a table in the shade. It was pretty good, but bigger than some Iíve gotten in the past. I ate most of it, but didnít finish it. I think I drank most of my cold water, too Ė it was really hot outside.

From there I stopped at the Milennium Village place (I know, I need to learn the current name) and since there wasnít any wait to get in, I went inside. It was so nice & cool in there!! They had a guy at the piano, playing Disney music. Carolís off Fri/Sat, so itís nice they have someone else for those days. I decided to try one of the cake pops, since I was there. I had about 3 people in line ahead of me, but being inside with air conditioning I didnít mind.

I ordered the one with crushed M&M pieces, and had to wait while they made it. They took the cake pop, dipped it in chocolate, pressed it onto a plate of crushed M&Ms and then put it in the liquid nitrogen container to flash freeze it (or whatever it does). I took it to a table and spread out some napkins figuring pieces would fall and Iíd want to still eat them <g>. The cake pop was delicious Ė but big! And rich! Omigod, it was more than I needed, but I ate every bite Ė stuffed by the time I finished. This would be good to share Ė bet Ari would have helped me!

After finishing the last drop of cold water, I put my mask back on and headed outside, leaving via International Gateway. It had been getting dark beyond Spaceship Earth, but didnít look too immediately threatening so I detoured over to the Boardwalk. I walked around there, spending time in the Screen Door for a/c, and then thought Iíd continue around and go by Yacht & Beach. However, past Atlantic Dance I was met with a barricade saying the bridge was closed, and I remembered the NBA was probably still over there so this was their ďbubbleĒ. I turned around and walked back, and went to Beach Club from the other end.

The regular Beach Club is not open Ė only the villas. I went into the shop & Marketplace, but didnít buy anything. After that I walked back to the Skyliner and rode home to Riviera, arriving around 7. After dropping my stuff off, I grabbed the camera and went out to take photos around the resort. This time I remembered to visit the gift shop, for the first time. Itís cute, and they had some nice things. A new DVC member umbrella caught my eye, and since today is the last day of 30% off I bought it. However, I had left my bag in the studio so I had no dvc card or passholder card. The cast member saw my phone in my other hand and mentioned the app, so he was able to verify I was a passholder from that.

Since all I had was my magic band I had to pay that way, but it didnít like my PIN. Iíve only ever used one PIN in my life at Disney, but it was not taking it. I didnít feel like bothering with the front desk resetting it, since I typically use a gift card or Disney Rewards card, so I ran up to the room to get my wallet. Thankfully my room is pretty close, so it took not time at all. Umbrella purchased, I headed back up to the studio.

By 7:45 the sky was darkening and there was a lot of lightning flashing off my balcony. Iím pretty sure the skyliner was shut down by now. I turned on HGTV, poured some wine, and worked on the report & photos Ė just a relaxing evening at home <g>. Today was a nice day Ė work wasnít a big deal, and I had lots of time to just chill out and not be bothered. The only negative is the weather, but nobody (including Disney) can do anything about Ė I know better than to come this time of year, but I figured it would be just a resort trip. Then they started Food & Wine early, so now I go into the park in this weather, lol!

Tomorrow Chris, Amanda, Ari & Amandaís mom Martha arrive for their trip. Theyíre staying at the Contemporary on cash, in the short building (unless maybe they get upgraded to the tower). They hope to get to Epcot around 3, which works for me Ė I can have another pool morning!
Excellent! Love it!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote