home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #21
Wonderdog4
One Bedroom

I love sitting outside at AbracadaBar sipping a Manhattan and watching the people go by. I find their Manhattan's to be pricey but pretty potent.

Thanks for the trip report. We go in a couple of weeks for a birthday trip so it's nice to get a feel for what WDW is like right now. I'm concerned about the wait times in the absence of Fastpaces. I'm also concerned that, in the photo that you posted, Mickey and Minnie were maskless.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #22
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Wednesday

Today was Magic Kingdom day. All we really wanted was to get some giant Mickey head rice crispy cookies. We took our time getting ready and drove over there around 10:30 AM. On our way in we stopped at guest services to get our AP cards which I left at home. Once in the parks we went directly to the candy store only to discover they didn’t have any. We walked down to another store to look for purses. Once again we didn’t find anything we liked. Crossed the street to shop some more but still didn’t buy anything. Oh well. We went to Cosmic Ray’s and tried to use mobile ordering. It worked fine for us. Soon we were enjoying our luncheon snack. We continued to walk around the MK. I always loved roller coasters but as I have aged I can’t ride them like I used to. I decided to give it one last try. The last time I rode space mountain I got sick. This time I tried BTMR. I enjoyed it, I survived it but it did upset my stomach a little. I think that’s it for coasters for me. We had an ADR for 2:20 at the Plaza so we headed that way. We waited until 2:00 and then tried the mobile checkin. It worked great. Soon we were enjoying a very good Plaza hamburger.

Once lunch was done we decided to leave. We had chosen to not ride any more attractions. We rode the ferry boat back to the TTC and then walked to the car. We went to visit the Mary Queen of the Universe shrine and to light candles for the deceased members of our families. Then it was back to our room. We went down to the boardwalk to get something to eat but changed our minds. The weather was nice so we strolled around the lake. This was the time when no park hopping irritated me. After leaving the MK I really wanted to go back to Epcot but of course we couldn’t. Once we completed the circuit we went back to the room where we washed our clothes and watched some of the World Series before heading to bed.

Last edited by Raspus; 10-26-2020 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added a picture
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #23
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Thursday

We were up early because we had a 9:00 AM breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forna. First time we have tried this place. We were met by the hostess when we walked up. She took us in and soon we were seated right in front of the open kitchen. Lot of fun watching the chefs work. My wife had 2 eggs,sausage, ham and bacon while I had a delicious steak and egg. The steak was large, cooked a perfect medium rare and so tender I cut it with butter knife. Loved the restaurant. We will be back again. My wife had more meat than she could eat so we took it back to our room. We then walked back to Epcot. Once again we were in the park before 11.
We went to Germany to visit the AP popup store. No trouble getting in this since we replaced our AP cards. This time we bought enough stuff to get the cutting board and the coaster set. Next we went to the karmel kitchen for some caramel marshmallows. Unbelievably they didnít have any so we left. We didnít go far - only to the food stand for some liquid refreshment. A glass of wine for my wife and a Bitburger beer for me.
We continued our way around the food and wine festival. When we reached the international gateway we left Epcot and went back to our room to drop off our packages.
After resting in the room for a while we decided to head back to Epcot. We saw that Disney was testing the friendship boats. One left the boardwalk and went over to the Yacht Club. There were three of them docked at the Epcot entrance. Once in the parks we continued to walk around the world showcase. We stopped in Germany and we both had a bratwurst on a pretzel bun. We both really liked the sandwich. We had wanted to buy some caramel marshmallows so I walked over to the caramel store to see what was going on. When I saw how long the line was I decided that I didnít need them. I must have looked really sad and pathetic. We headed over to the American Gardens theater and noticed that Mariachi Cobre would be playing in ten minutes. We went in the theater and found seats. A couple approached us and the man told me he had seen me look in the caramel store and leave so he bought a bag of caramel corn and gave it me. I was completely blown away. I was stunned and tried to thank him. They quickly left us. That was one of the nicest and surprising things that ever happened to me.
The band was very good and we enjoyed the show. Next stop was the Japan booth where I got a chicken teriyaki bun which was very good. Then we went back to the World Showplace tent. I had a lobster mac and cheese and my wife had another frozen apple drink. We sat there for a while listening to the very good pianist. We enjoyed her playing of all Disney music. Finally we left Epcot for the last time on this trip to go back to the room.
We spent some time packing up our ownerís locker. I called bell services to pick up the locker. One going home task done. We then packed our suitcase and backpack. Seeing that I didnít eat dinner I got hungry and ate my wifeís left over breakfast meat which was still good. We watched some of the debate until we got tired of it. Then it was time for bed and the end of a fun trip.

Friday

We had a 6:00 AM wakeup call. We were up by 6:15. Showered, dressed and finished packing. We still had some hard boiled eggs left that we brought with us. We ate those for breakfast. We left the room, returned the wheelchair and got the car from valet. Loaded the car and drove to the airport. Everything at the airport went fine. Soon we were in the air. The flight was fine and soon we were home.

Final thoughts

This was the first trip where we didnít have to pick up our dog from the vet as she passed away last May. This ended the trip on a sad note.

Wearing masks really didnít bother us.

We rented the wheelchair from Scooterbug and everything was fine.

Disney did a fine job making sure people wore their masks and paid attention
to the rules.

We liked the character cavalcades.

Missed park hopping.

The trip was different but there is still magic there.

Even though food and wine was smaller we still enjoyed it. Thought all the food we had was very good.

We will be back in early December

Thanks for reading

Old 10-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog4 View Post
I love sitting outside at AbracadaBar sipping a Manhattan and watching the people go by. I find their Manhattan's to be pricey but pretty potent.
I paid $24 for a manhattan and a Diet Coke. It was pricey and potent but it was also delicious.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #25
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks again for taking the time to share. So very sorry about the loss of your doggy.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:21 PM   #26
ajc
Grand Villa

We were caught in the same rainstorm but since BWV was so close we went back, dried off, changed clothes and went back to EPCOT after resting up. The WDW experience was vanilla without park hopping and shorter hours so I brought seal top containers for later dining in the room with wine. The chicken bao bun heats well as did the Canadian steak and tortellini.
I have learned to photograph my Drivers license, annual pass, and blue DVC card for ID and in case of loss. It came in handy when I forgot my magic band after a midday swim and shower.
Happy anniversary!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:45 AM   #27
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos!
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #28
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

THat was SO nice for those folks to bring over the treat from Germany.
What a great picture of Goofy/Pluto. You caught that just right!
Glad y'all had a good trip
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #29
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
THat was SO nice for those folks to bring over the treat from Germany.
What a great picture of Goofy/Pluto. You caught that just right!
Glad y'all had a good trip
It was a good trip. I think Goofy posed just for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks again for taking the time to share. So very sorry about the loss of your doggy.
Thanks. It was strange not having to rush to the vet to pick her up. She is still missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
We were caught in the same rainstorm but since BWV was so close we went back, dried off, changed clothes and went back to EPCOT after resting up. The WDW experience was vanilla without park hopping and shorter hours so I brought seal top containers for later dining in the room with wine. The chicken bao bun heats well as did the Canadian steak and tortellini.
I have learned to photograph my Drivers license, annual pass, and blue DVC card for ID and in case of loss. It came in handy when I forgot my magic band after a midday swim and shower.
Happy anniversary!
Thanks. Never thought about containers for the food. Great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos!
Thanks.