home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #71
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Tuesday 9/15 -- DD leaves and Epcot

Today was a sad day since DD was leaving. We had a great time while she was there. She had a coffee made in the room and her Joffery's donut. She agreed that it was delicious. Not as fresh as the day before I'm sure, but still good. I guess we left for the airport around 7 am. Her flight was at 9:35 am. In hindsight we didn't have to leave that early, but there was a bit of traffic on 417. Bill went in to help her with her bags. She had a few items to take home. It was a long hiatus from shopping in the World. We didn't go totally hog wild, but we did buy a few things. We arrived at MCO and I only had to do one loop around before Bill was out. We were not even on 417 yet and she texted that she was through security which is unheard of at MCO. Yes, we have precheck, but still. This is when she said she could have come later too. The only activity was at Southwest when we dropped her this morning. I should note from our pick up last Friday, the cell phone lot at MCO is pretty nice...the one closer to the airport. It has a bathroom too which could come in handy at times. We were back to the room pretty fast from MCO which was nice. I sat and looked at our dining for a bit for November which I had to make on Wednesday morning. I also started to really pack stuff up since we were leaving on Friday for home. Even in the room relaxing the time seemed to slip away. Before we knew it, it was time to head to Epcot. DD had already landed too which was good. The flight was very turbulent due to hurricane Sally. We actually were very fortunate that her flights were not at all impacted by any tropical weather in the least.
It's been a busy year with tropical activity. We left the room around 10:15 and headed for the Skyliner. I thought we drove this morning, but I remember waiting in a morning line so we must have taken the Skyliner that morning. The line moved quickly and before we knew it we were off. We did the transfer at CRB and the line there was a bit longer going down the ramp towards the Joffery's stand which was not open. I'm not sure it was ever open when we were there. I don't remember when CBR opened, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of activity at the resort. I did notice that when they were loading the gondolas they were leaving every other one empty and I would assume this was for when they went by Riviera there would be cars open for people to ride in the times of Covid, because only one party per car was allowed. When we rode back in the fall and Dec/Jan they loaded the cars with multiple parties. I've read stories of long lines for the Skyliner in the mornings for the Studios so that's why we drove when we went there. We decided if it rained today and the Skyliner shut down that we would to go BCV or BWV and get an Uber rather than do the bus ordeal again. I wish I had thought of that the other night, but it actually didn't take too long. Before we knew it we were at Epcot. The ease of the Skyliner is awesome. I finally remembered why we "couldn't" do Riviera this trip and it's because the weekend DD was there was in the middle of our trip. There were no cash rooms available through MS and the price for a studio through reservations with no discount is out of sight! We would have had to move to RR and leave again after she was gone. Too much moving. We our flights falling the way they did with flying Allegiant it just didn't work out. We were all supposed to be there for our final weekend and I had booked rooms at RR through MS way back on 1/1/2020. Also, way back in March when I was moving trips and dates it was very unclear as to whether the kids would be employed or if Bill would be employed. Fortunately, that all worked out. I was not sold on the Skyliner because I'm not a fan of heights, but for some reason the Skyliner doesn't bother me at all. We were at Epcot before we knew it and were off and thru security. We headed to France for....raspberry sorbet. Love that stuff. We walked around the countries towards Mexico to get our steps in...not that we really had to worry about this this trip. We seemed to walk more this trip and we are really sure why. Maybe because we made our ways to all areas of the parks due to riding more rides, but I'm not sure. We drove more, but walking to the bus stops adds steps too. Who knows. We are normally at AKV-Jambo and that walk down to the bus stop is not short. At any rate, we continued around the countries. I thought about getting anothrr caramel in Germany, but decided that I would pass on that. We made our way to Mousegear. The 30% off for APs had started and I was in search of bird leggings for our DIL. She loves birds. Figures...they were out. I had saved a few items to purchase once the 30% started. Halloween loungefly but I didn't want to carry it and I knew we'd be at Springs tomorrow because we were meeting up with a former student and her mom there tomorrow. A few socks, but those were at Studios. I'm glad I bought the cat mug because they were getting hard to find. The cat and dog mom mugs were relatively new. So, astoundingly, I left Mousegear without spending any cash. I asked Bill if he wanted to ride Test Track and he was more interested in visiting the lounge for some free Coke zero and riding Soarin so we headed that way. He also didn't want lunch yet which is a tad different so we rode Soarin a couple times...so much fun to do this ride multiple times. We actually rode it three times. When we were at Disneyland the best part was leaving VGC and walking into the park next to Soarin and riding it many times. We rode twice and went to the lounge. By this time is was about 2:00 and we had a reservation at Beaches and Cream at 3:15 so we started that way. The boardwalk was empty except for two people walking and the BC didn't have much action either. SAB was open and there were a few people in SAB but not nearly the numbers that are normally there. The lobby was quiet...I always forget how to get to Beaches and Cream, but I finally remembered. It was a ghost town in the lobby. One CM as the front desk. Looked very much like the Poly. There was more activity over by Beaches and Cream. We made a tactical error with this meal and I felt bad when we left. We didn't pay attention to the menu and it was very limited. They did offer to go get Bill a salad from the pool bar, but we didn't want them to go to that much trouble. I ordered a small salad and had fries and that was it. The last time we were here we were with DD and F-SIL and it was a great meal, but they all order burgers, onion rings and ice cream. Oh well...live and learn. It made me happy we canceled the Plaze at MK because that menu is very limited as well. Ale & Compass is too, but for some reason I didn't pay close enough attention to Beaches. It was a nice walk over there and I was glad we walked over, but we were headed back to Epcot again before too long. We walked though France towards Germany around that way and stopped at The Smokehouse where Bill had the power salad. Again, we were the only ones in here. It was probably about 4-4:30 so sort of dinner time, but no one was there. The food here is pretty good for quick service. He enjoyed the salad. We decided we should ride Soarin again. It was our last day at Epcot so we did. I had talked myself out of the caramel in Germany so we went back the other way towards France to ride Soarin again. Still 10 minutes and walk on. Test Track was usually posted at 45 minutes, but we never rode it so I don't know how accurate the wait time is. We both like Test Track, but not as much with the new updated version. We liked it more before. If DS was there, we would ride. After Soarin, we decided we'd take the Skyliner over to the Studios since we had not done that yet and go check out Riviera too. It was relaxing and saved our feet a bit too. Riviera is a pretty resort that's for sure. One day on this trip I called MS and checked to see if there were any cash rooms available for our June trip and there were at Riviera. I should have checked for points, but with the borrowing rules, I knew I probably wouldn't have enough left so I just did cash. I should check now that we are home, but I haven't yet. It's also over the 4th so I was pretty sure I wouldn't get anything. I scored Friday and Saturday night at the end of our June stay in a standard view so that made me happy. After visiting again, I was glad I booked it. It will be fun. I only wish all 6 of us would be together, but DS and our DIL won't have enough time off. I'm excited we'll all be together at Thanksgiving. We, of course, looked at the fitness center again and Bill mentioned that he'd definitely need his bands for a work out here. He said the same thing when we were here last January when he looked in the window. RR was also a ghost town. There were only 2 people in the pool. We headed back to the Skyliner and made our way with the transfers over to Pop. Pop was pretty empty now too that it was Tuesday. There were about 3 families in the pool. When we had arrived last week on Wednesday after Labor Day it was busier, but not horrible, but the number of people staying here had really dropped off...probably why they cut back on park hours too. Riding the Skyliner was a nice end to the day, but we both commented on the fact that we missed park hopping. We probably would have gone to the Studios just to hang out. I don't know why, but we love people watching at the Studios. We headed for the room. Tomorrow was Animal Kingdom again. We knew we wouldn't stay as long because we wouldn't ride as much without DD. I had almost thought I should switch to MK to see the Halloween decorations, but again, I talked myself out of that thought. Bill doesn't really like MK all that much and we both love FoP so I kept it the same. We were off to dreamland around 9 pm still...we watched cable which for us is a real treat. We don't have cable anymore. I woke up once and he was laughing at something he was watching...I haven't a clue what. He finally decided he should turn it off since it was a bit later. He wakes up at 4 am no matter what time he goes to sleep so he really has to turn in early to be any sort of normal human the next day. It was a good day even though we missed DD already.

Miles: 9.8

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 09-22-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #72
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Wednesday 9/16 Animal Kingdom

We were up early and had to get up early anyway because I needed to do dining for November this morning. The night before I was sitting on the bed looking at menus on the laptop and my back was broken when I stood up so I knew I had to sit at the table in the morning. I think the beds are super cool that pull out of the wall. I'm easily amused I guess. Queen beds are great, but with Bill and his cpap on vacation, I miss our king at home. Usually half way thru the night Darth Vader wakes me up so I move to the other bed as far away as I can gethe must sleep more soundly when we are run ragged at Disney. I find the abundance of pillows at Pop helpful too to cover my ears so I cannot hear as well. I was successful with what we wanted for dining except I realized I had to do day by day for several days because we were staying more than 10 days. First world problems and all...

We headed out for AK just before 8:00 and it's a short drive from Pop. They were letting people park by the time we arrived so that was good. We were parked, through security and heading towards FoP just a tad before 8:30.

One CM really got after us for being too close in the temperature screening line. She REALLY took her job seriouslywe were back too far for the social distancing markers so she was making sure people were still spread out at opening while we were in line waiting. We were probably about a foot too close. We both thought it was funny and weren't annoyed, but Disney sure did take things very seriously. They were strict about waiting in lines, mask adherence, and not letting people into quick services places without a mobile order. It was common theme and one that I applaud them.

We had a easy walking pace to FoP, blowing by many humans at our normal walking pace. Bill always gives me grief that I have a Disney speed when I walk. When we walk at home I can lag behind him and I always ask if we are walking together or not. He always reminds me that I'm always ahead of him at Disney. It's probably true, but I have places to be in the World. I also find that walking at home 2.5 miles seems like it's long and boring, but I can easily clock 8 miles a day at the Mouse House with no issue.

Seeing the regular queue line again for FoP was neat. It was walk on this early in the morning and before we knew it, we were storing our bags and finding our link chair. It was bad counting by the CMs on this ride since Bill and I were the only two in our section of the ride. I was confused at first, but the CM in the room said they probably counted wrong. I didn't miss this preshowI did miss HM and ToT and DD and Bill really missed RnR. Some never get old...some I could always live without. Like Dino, it was good once, but that's it. We love this ride. Even the Mufasa death part doesn't bother me anymore after riding it so many times. It's so darn relaxing. Strange too...this was one time that I was super annoyed with my mask and it was on this ride. I really, really wanted to feel the wind on my face. I noticed it a lot the first time I rode when the ride started, but then after the initial part when the wind really picks up during the middle to the end of the ride I could really feel the wind on my face. After riding it a couple times, I wasn't annoyed anymore and just accepted the mask and knew that more wind was coming. Bill really got hit with a lot of water in the whale part...it startled him. I'm not sure why either...who knows. It was a great ride as always. We were going to ride again, but when we were off the line was way down the path towards Africa so we decided that we would go ride the safari. We saw a lot of animals again and I assume because it was earlier in the day. We made our way off the ride and walked through Gorilla Falls. It was hard to watch the gorillas because they didn't let you stay too long due to social distancing, but we did see the baby. We also had never seen the fish...I'm not sure why. Also, the yellow birds were everywhere and we had never seen so many before. There seemed to be a lot of CM in this area where normally there are not very many. They were delivering a lot of information, but were also making sure that everyone was maintaining social distancing. I found this to be an interesting change and it was nice because we had never heard much of what they were telling us. I was fascinated with the birds...they seemed to be everywhere.

We made our way back to Pandora after exiting. The line for Navi was longer than FoP again. It was like that the first day we were here. It didn't seem as busy as last Saturday and we waited to ride FoP again. Still awesome. We then did a mobile order for Satu'li Canteen again. After lunch we made our way to the shop in search of bird leggings for our DIL. They were there. Love that AP 30% off. DD and I had already shopped in here so we were headed off to the Tree of Life and the exit. It was probably 1:00 by the time we left. I stopped for a coffee again at Joffery's. We were going directly to Springs to meet up with my former student. We were in the second row in the parking lot which was nice. Off to Orange garage. I still needed to pick up my Halloween Loungefly too at the World of Disney. We went there first because I didn't want to have to wait to get in later on in the evening. After I bought the bag, I texted my former student and she and her mom were over in Once Upon a Toy so Bill and I made our way over there. I was shocked when I went into the store. Only the front portion was available. I haven't been in there since it was turned into the Bibbid-Bobbidi Boo. There was really not much to buy in there. I didn't know about the conversion, but Sarah told me. She just texted me and said she was at the pin station across the way. We headed out. She saw me before I saw her. Bill didn't remember her, but she was from a longgg time ago in my career. I would bet she is from 25 years ago. It's hard for me to keep track. She gave me a big hug even in Covid times. I met up with her in January and met her hubby and her two kids too. Her parents were always great too. She is actually working for a company doing breast cancer research, but transitioned to working on a covid vaccine and a saliva test otherwise their research would have been shut down so with working on that they could still work on BC research. I found that interesting and a little disturbing as did she, but it is what it is. We talked for probably 45 minutes before we parted ways. They flew on Spirit out of Kansas City and there were only about 30 people on their plane. It was fun seeing her. We knew back in January that we would both be here again, but things have been such a mess we were both surprised that our dates still overlapped since ours changed about 5 times and so did hers.

It was around 5:30 by now and dinner time so off to...yup...you guessed it Polite Pig. The man knows what he likes that's for sure. He ate here 3 times this trip and each time he ordered the same thing...half chicken with brussels sprouts. He likes the coleslaw too, but won't eat the corn bread muffin. Such a waste. We went to D-Luxe Burger and I had some fries. I knew there was one container of zebra domes waiting for me in the room too so that was good. We strolled around for a bit more at Disney Springs. We noted how dead AMC was too...really sad. Many of the stores were empty in Springs. We headed out for Orange garage. Again, people were coming in from Lime; we never did figure that out and just parked in Orange this trip. We'll probably do the same in November. Again, we would have gone back to the park, but we headed for the resort. We did stroll around Pop for a bit and headed back to the room around 7 I guess. It was pretty quiet. I did stop in the gift shop and didn't see anything new that I hadn't seen elsewhere except I did notice the Cat Loungefly was behind the counter. It was calling to me, but I had decided on the Halloween one. I was very limited on packing space with Allegiant's 40 pound rule. Good and bad. I was glad when we were hauling our stuff to the room that we did have to travel light this trip. It was a blessing in disguise.

It was lights out about 9:00. I knew I was really going to miss that shower head when we were home...the rain one. I do love the power washing ones at Jambo too that seems to peal off the summer sweat just when it's needed, but this shower head was super relaxing. The people upstairs really liked it...they took like 45 minute showers. I guess they aren't into conserving our world resources right now.

It was hard to believe that our two weeks away had almost come to an end. Another great day especially a day of two rides on FoP. We could have done 3 I'm sure, but it was relaxing heading over to Springs and hanging out.

Miles: 9.4

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 09-22-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:27 PM   #73
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Last Day, Thursday, 9/17 Studios Take 2 & trip home

The last day is always a major bummer and it still was this trip. I made dining and then prepared for Boarding Group Battle. We were defeated by Disney IT on Monday and we were hoping for success today.

We left Pop at 8:50. After the long line for Epcot, there was no way we were going to try the Skyliner for morning opening at Studios. I had noted the line by the Skyliner and busses was long on Monday so we didn't want any part of that either. We were there just a tad before 9:00 and they were letting people line up at the booths. It was not a nightmare when we pulled around the exit for Studios which was good. It was more sane this morning. At 9:00 they let us enter the parking lot. We were in row two when we made it to the parking lot, but as luck would have it we were all the way down at the end. At least we weren't in Jesse 212 like we were in January. Long haul from that parking spot. We were through security before we knew it and both of our entries turned green. I always turn pink and then green which always makes me happy. Off to MMRR to wait in line. We knew from Monday that they start running the rides at 9:30. We were in line probably around 9:15-9:20. We didn't care if we failed at boarding groups and it was a tactical error not being in a line waiting to ride a ride on Monday. We loved MMRR so that's what we decided to ride. We were by no means first in line either or even close to the front. People from the resorts were in the park ahead of us which was fine. The line moved fast once 9:30 hit. It makes a difference the experience you have on this ride depending on which car you ride on especially for the Daisy room. This was probably my favorite part and to experience it the best, row 5 or 6 is the best. I didn't ask for it, but I made note of the different places we rode. Bill liked the waterfall part the best. We both watched for Goofy to make note of what he looked like too after DD and the waiter's conversation on Monday. We were getting off the ride just before 10:00 so we stood off to the side and attempted to obtain a boarding group. Bill was successful. My alarm went off and when I swiped it my alarms came up which foiled my attempt. Bad move on my part. He got BG #40. Who knew if they would get that high, but we were excited that we actually got one today. We headed to ToT and rode that. The line wasn't too long and it wasn't far out of the entrance gate which we knew was about 20 minutes. I think it was posted at 40. I didn't want to ride RnR so we skipped that. Then we were off to Star Tours, but Bill decided that donuts and coffee were in order even though he said he wasn't going to have any so we headed off to the stand by Toy Story. He forgot about the one by ToT or he was tempted by that one and decided it was a good idea. Coffee was good again. Fresh and hot. He chowed on two more donuts. By the way, he lost 3 pounds on this trip. Life is rough. We headed off to Star Tours. We really like this ride still. Each time we had a different sequence too which is nice. I've never been the Rebel Spy though. So sad...not even this trip with 1/2 the people on board. Everyone in the fam has been the Rebel Spy except me. We were criss crossing again with watching wait times and went to saucers to ride. Fun ride, but so short. Also, it's really bumpy now and I think the concrete has cracked...at least that's what Bill thinks. I don't remember it being that bumpy before. We thought about Slinky but the line was long and I really don't like Toy Story Mania...I never do well. Usually I give up half way through so we decided we'd head to Sci Fi and check in. We found a spot in the shade and sat for a bit. Baseline Taphouse was super busy again. {I looked up DD's drink too. It was the Frozen Apple Cider from Backlot. She said it was good...also expensive because it had a poison apple glow cube in it.} Since Bill was eating large today he went for the onion rings and the same burger. I, too, had the Beef and Blue or Blue and Beef which ever way it is. It was still delicious. I won't eat another burger till November now. As noon approached we knew our time was fading and the day did seem to be going by faster than any other. We headed to Star Tours after lunch again. Never gets old. The wait was a little longer now, but the AC felt amazing. It was still blazing hot in FL. We checked wait times again and ToT wasn't too long so we headed that way and afterwards we decided to ride MMRR again...I think the wait time was 75. I honestly don't remember how long we waited because I was trying to figure out if our BG for Rise would be called before we were able to ride it. Our BG was called about the time we were entering the building so I knew we would have time to ride. From that point it really only takes about 15 minutes. It was now about 4:00 when we were off and we headed to Rise. We didn't have to wait as long as DD did when she rode because the ride was working better today. I think it only went down once. Still there were not very many BG called since we were 40 and it was 4:00. Most of the ride was working. The guns firing were not working which didn't take away too much from the overall experience. When we were riding it started to rain. We were off and made it to the SWGE tunnel area before the heavens opened and it poured. Bill checked his accuWeather app and the radar showed rain ending in 5 minutes. Odd, but it was right every time so we waited. After the rain stopped we headed for Star Tours again.New ride sequence too. Rain again...radar said 2 minutes this time and it was right again. Bill liked Rise, but likes Star Tours more, but also agreed that our son will love this ride. I hope we are successful in November. We shall see. It is so disappointing if you can't get a BG. Disney should be able to come up with a better system, but I guess not. We both like FoP more and Star Tours. The storm was pretty intense so Slinky was down and we didn't want to hang around to ride so we headed for the car. Skyliner was down too. We were glad we drove. Walking to a resort for an Uber here would be a longer walk, but doable and also an Uber from Studios might be a tad easier to walk to as well. I was glad we had the car though. Another great day. As we left, it was a strange feeling though because when we left in January we thought we'd be back in March, me in April and then again in June. Of course, that didn't happen. So, it was odd wondering if we'd be back again so soon after leaving. I've never had that feeling before when leaving a park at the end of a trip knowing that our next one was right around the corner. I just hope that November happens.

We were back to Pop in a heartbeat. We did go over to BWV and fill up with gas too. He over filled it too. We stopped in the food court and did a mobile order for a chicken salad. I was still full. There was NO ONE in there. It was creepy. It is always packed with humans. We headed back to the room and I finished packing. I was a tad distraught with packing and Bill is a handy 50 pound suitcase judge, but 40 wasn't in his wheel house. I called luggage and asked if we could come weigh our bags. Yup. Off to the check in area we went. It wasn't too far and we cut through the food court and front desk area. The bigger suitcase was over by .3 and the other bag was under by 10. I removed all the toiletries from the big suitcase and knew to pack them in the smaller one. Said goodbye to my rain shower head and off to dreamland we went. Our flight was at 10:53. We woke up early and after drinking my tea and making another day of dining I did the final packing. I even packed my Hobby Lobby pumpkin mug in the suitcase. I had grown fond of my $4 mug and was hoping it would make it home. It also protected my tea strainer since that would no longer fit in my backpack. We were ready early and we decided we would load the bags and weigh them one last time. I really didn't want to be "that person" in the airport trying to make weight and I knew from our outbound flight that it's $50 if the bag is over weight. Since we were ready we figured why not? Off we went. Both were under by 4 pounds. I had done well. I could have shopped a bit moreWe were off for Sanford. 417 was busy again. We made good time and arrived at the airport with plenty of time. I was surprised that the ticket counter was open, but there are lots more flights departing from Sanford than there are at home. We checked our bags and headed for the gate. Sanford is strange now. They have one big holding area for several gates. I don't remember that from our earlier days of flying. We boarded from back to front and before long we were waiting on the runway for take off. I had chips again, but the flight attendant wasn't as interested in them this time. I had actually eaten some of them before boarding the flight too. The flight was full with only about 6 seats open...that's what one of the flight attendants said after someone said that we could move around to open rows. That wasn't allowed because there were not enough to allow everyone to do it. Middle seats were not open. Today marked 14 days from when we flew out from home. We were still feeling well. I am not sure what the odds were that someone on the plane had Covid. I'm sure someone somewhere along our travels did though; we came in contact with a lot of humans. The captain came on and talked about the air quality on the plane. I guess a few passengers had asked about it. The people on the plane adhered to the mask rule as far as I could tell. Bill and I played this word game on his phone on the way home. It was entertaining and the 2.5 hours didn't seem to drag like it did on the way there. A few times I almost fell asleep. Even with the shorter hours in the parks, we were both tired from the trip. We landed about 20 minutes early and by the time we had our bags my friend Kim was there to pick us up...the timing was perfect. We were home in about 20 minutes. It was so wonderful to land and be home within 20 minutes instead of having a 5 hour drive.

Another trip in the books. In a Covid world, all things went well. We are at two weeks from our time spent in Savannah, GA and on Thursday I'll be two weeks from visiting my parents. I'll be glad when that milestone passes. I'll try to remember to post when we hit our two week home mark from the trip. I'm going to post some final thoughts tomorrow about a couple items.

We had a wonderful time. I didn't really believe we would make it on this trip and I wasn't convinced until we were actually in the air. It was worth all the headaches it took to pull off too.

Miles DHS: 7.5

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:50 PM   #74
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Rise of Resistance

I forgot to mention that when we rode RotR I saw 5 ride vehicles.. two were the ones we boarded and the other group with us. I am not sure where the other 3 came from...I'm not a guru on this ride. I was super annoyed though that the other 3 were empty. No wonder it takes forever for people to ride after their boarding groups are called. I'm not sure what happened, but I was pretty surprised when I saw this. It was very strange.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #75
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

As I sit drinking tea from my Hobby Lobby pumpkin mug, I am extremely thankful that another fun & successful Disney trip is in the books. I was very excited Friday when we unpacked and my mug was in one piece. The mug, a snowglobe, a pumpkin basket my mom made and a kitchen towel are the extent of my Halloween decorations this year! We moved all my decorations to Alabama when DD moved in June of 2019...no more work for me decorating.

It was different in many ways, but we still had an amazing time. We were just as tired when we returned home as we always are even with the shorter park hours. We never took mid day breaks just because it chewed up too much time.

As most have reported, Disney has done a fantastic job of adhering to their policies in a Covid world. There were only two people who were complete jerks about masks. One man was in the MMRR line and the CMs did ask him to put his mask on over his nose. Each time when he moved away from the CM he would pull it down. Bill and I referred to these people during the trip as anti-maskers. We saw a lot of them in our local airport when we were waiting for our outbound flight and not so much in Sanford. The other person was a mom in AK on our first day there. We were waiting for some pics with a photopass person and a mom really wanted a picture of her kids without masks in front of the floating rock in Pandora. The CM was not having any of that and instructed her kids to put on their masks before the picture. The mom didn't have on hers. The CM told her at least 3 times she needed to put on her mask. By the time the ordeal was over, the dad was really embarrassed which I found amusing. The mom kept saying that her kids couldn't hear her with her mask on. DD just said, move closer then so they can. Funny though that the kids could hear the CM with her mask on and she was farther away. The kids actually listened to the CM and not the mom and put on their face masks. Other than that, people did follow the rules and compliance was high.

From my observations, MK was the place where most people tried to test the mask rules the most, but CMs were very on top of this situation and in most cases I really do think it was just being forgetful which is easy to do. I thought Springs would be the place with the most issues, but I thought it was MK. We were not at Springs late either. Epcot had great compliance when we were there even with Food & Wine and the majority were sitting and drinking and not walking around.

I was glad that the social distancing markers were on the ground. It was really easy to forget and just move up too close to the people in front of you and others would forget as well and move too close behind you. I do wonder how much of the dividers and plexiglass Disney will keep in place in the queues. I'm sure it would stop the spread of many germs in the future.

We did adjust to mask wearing outside even though they were hot on a few afternoons. I did forget when we were at the resorts when we would get out of the car or just run to put something in the trash if the garbage was too full in the room.

When I woke this morning my phone had created a memory for me from 9/22/2016 and I need to retract my comment about MK being busy while we were there. The picture of me on Mainstreet in 2016 just outside the Emporium about halfway up the street showed a very different MK from 2020. By those standards, MK was not as busy. There were a lot more people in the 2016 picture. I just expected MK to feel more empty than it did when we were there because I had seen so many pictures of the empty hub. It was only like that in the early morning and wasn't like that when we left either. But, we were there on a Sunday so I'm sure that's why.

We will be returning in November, December/January, March and June. Eventually, the nighttime fireworks will return. I know they have in Japan. The day time entertainment will eventually return to the MK too which we did miss. Meet and greets are fun and for first timers or those with kids these would be missed a great deal too. I'm glad that I'm not cancelling all our future trips. We will wait for Disney to return to its more former self and enjoy our trips in the meantime.

One major decision we did make while we were there was about DD's and F-SIL wedding. She does not want to have to deal with any covid restrictions in Dec of 2021 and who knows if things will be more normal by then so we are most likely going to push out their wedding until Dec 2022. She just said, "I do not want to get married in a mask." I can see that and it's a valid point. Cancellations are costly through Disney for weddings.

When I first started planning this trip, I wasn't going to do any indoor dining, but eventually reading about the limited quick service options, I did book dining. The restaurants were not busy and I think FL capacity just was raised to 50%, but who knows what Disney is doing now. I didn't make many Springs reservations just because of reports at Springs being a little loose, but we found them to be okay so I'd probably be willing to book more places there for dining. I did make dinner reservations after the parks closed which was very different for us just so we weren't chewing up park time. For November for in park dinners, I tried to get the latest time possible so that will be interesting. This trip all of our dinners were at resorts. So, far we are hanging in there with our indoor dining experiences. That's a very personal choice. We visited our kids over the 4th and did indoor dining then and things in both places had high covid numbers so we decided to try indoor at Disney based on that experience and not becoming noticeably ill.

Forgot: I found Disney still took me away from the real world. I didn't forget about covid because of the markers and masks reminding me constantly, but I did forget about all the negativity and bickering surrounding covid. I forgot about the derecho damage at home, bills, Bill's job and any other life annoyance that pops up each day. That was refreshing.

Thanks for following along. 2 weeks post trip is 10/2/20. I'll try to remember to post how we are doing. I think most who have journeyed to the World have done well.

We are all looking forward to the 50th whatever that may look like in 2021.

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 09-23-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #76
Raspus
Two Bedroom

I enjoyed your report. Liked all the details you included. Iím glad to hear that weíre not the only ones that have multiple trips planned. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #77
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

We made it two weeks with no issues. I was hesitant about indoor dining but we did come out okay. We based our decision on our 4th of July trip where we did eat indoors. Itís a very personal decision for everyone and everyone has different comfort levels. The same goes with flying and even visiting Disney right now. We decided to fly because traffic was so heavy over the 4th. Bill said he wouldnít go if we drove.

Iím in packing mode for Thanksgiving. Excited to be at Kidani and still crossing my fingers that my two kids with be there with us.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #78
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
We made it two weeks with no issues. I was hesitant about indoor dining but we did come out okay. We based our decision on our 4th of July trip where we did eat indoors. Itís a very personal decision for everyone and everyone has different comfort levels. The same goes with flying and even visiting Disney right now. We decided to fly because traffic was so heavy over the 4th. Bill said he wouldnít go if we drove.

Iím in packing mode for Thanksgiving. Excited to be at Kidani and still crossing my fingers that my two kids with be there with us.
Glad to hear this. I didn't always reply but enjoyed reading your report.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #79
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Thanks for posting your report ...helped pass the time and let me virtually escape the stressors here....

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote