home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #21
pacman
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Disney Springs

We went twice, once for ADR at CityWorks, once for Happy Hour at STK. Parking in Orange was easy. Mask adherence was great. CityWorks was very nice. We caught the tail end of their HH and he Kungpao cauliflower was great. Plus $2 off local drafts. Good beer.

HH at STK was fabulous, as usual.

Parks

Of course, the parks were the big difference. One park per day is a no-go for us, but I can live with it for now. Lines looked long, and posted times could be long, but real times were routinely about half what was posted. With the lines spaced, a long line just wasn't (more on this in the Coronavirus section).

One lowlight was failing RoTR queue twice on the same day. Their implementation is inferior to, for example, Ticketmaster for a virtual queue. For TM, one can join the queue waiting room maybe 10-15 minutes early and then get a random spot when the queue opens. Don't have to be poking buttons at the exact second. Less impact on people and the system, same result. Likely still would have failed, but the system could be better

Highlight- on our leaving day we went to Epcot. Posted opening was 11AM, but every park had opened at least 30 minutes early other days. So we were in-line at IG about 10:15. Let in about 10:25ish. maybe 20 folks ahead of us. Many went to Frozen. We went for test Track and we walk fast. We were first in line and first to ride that day. Minor highlight.

Overall, parks seemed reasonably full, but lines were short. Even FoP was maybe 25 minutes and we got to see all the things in the Standby line that we had missed by always having FP.

We go back in 3 weeks, so I know what I expect to find in the parks. Again, we can deal for one more trip with the current scenario.
Forgive me but, what is he real name of STK ?
Old 09-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #22
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Forgive me but, what is he real name of STK ?
STK. That's truly the name of the restaurant. Not surprisingly, it's a steak place

One of the Happy Hour items is the Lil BRG. It's a vowel thing

Cheers.