home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2020, 06:42 PM   #31
Eli's Nana
Studio

What a nice trip report - thanks for sharing! We had to cancel our trip this month and your report made my heart happy. I hope you had a wonderful time!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #32
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Great Trip report -
Thanks for the details. Skipper Canteen was never on my Radar, but now I'm thinking about it. I still have a couple weeks before I can book ADRs.
It's encouraging to hear good feedback, this deep into the pandemic. I'm still hoping January finds us in a better situation.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #33
MinnieSueB
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
Great Trip report -
Thanks for the details. Skipper Canteen was never on my Radar, but now I'm thinking about it. I still have a couple weeks before I can book ADRs.
It's encouraging to hear good feedback, this deep into the pandemic. I'm still hoping January finds us in a better situation.
We love Skipper Canteen! If you go, be sure to ask for the Brazilian Cheese Bread (it's not on the menu) as your app - AMAZING!!!! My DDs & I will be back early Dec & with friends after New Years & can't wait to go back.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:15 PM   #34
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
We love Skipper Canteen! If you go, be sure to ask for the Brazilian Cheese Bread (it's not on the menu) as your app - AMAZING!!!! My DDs & I will be back early Dec & with friends after New Years & can't wait to go back.
The Brazilian Cheese Bread WAS on the menu! Well...I'm not sure it was actually on the menu, but our server (skipper) told us about it. I wanted to try it (LOVE it at Epcot), but the server said it was pretty much the same thing so we went for something different. I will def be scheduling Skipper for our next trip!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:35 PM   #35
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Of course, back to reality so I never finished up this report. I'm going to try to remember our last day, which was MK. We did laundry Saturday night (I guess another perk of early park closing) so we wouldn't have worry about doing it when we got back home. Good thing too, because I've been EXHAUSTED this week (our first week of in-person teaching this school year).

We ended up at MK probably around 8:45 or so. We headed straight for Space Mountain, the only 'big' ride we didn't do the day before, and sure enough it was still closed. We walked on Buzz Lightyear and then did the Speedway after noting that Space was, indeed, still closed. I haven't been on the Speedway in years, but it was an enjoyable little ride and we got to see Tron a little closer. The posted wait time was 10 minutes and it actually was about 25-30. If I would have known it was going to be that long, I definitely would not have waited. I think when we got off of that we decided to do Carousel of Progress. I love this attraction, but I admit, I think I dozed off! Exiting Carousel, I told DH, I think Space is back open. He said I don't think so, but I'll go check. I ran to the restroom and when he wasn't waiting for me outside, I figured he was in line. Sure enough I saw him moving quickly toward the building and the CM let me join him. It was basically a walk-on. When we came out, the line was wrapped all the way out of Tomorrowland. We must have hit it right as they re-opened! I think we rode Ariel next. DH didn't want to ride Dumbo, so we skipped it this time. We ended up taking a little break at the tables over by Tortuga Tavern while deciding what to do next. I think at this point DH was done. I was just happy to be in my happy place! I got a Dole Whip float and enjoyed that while we were just people-watching. DH went to see if the egg roll cart was open--it wasn't..yet. We were figuring it would probably open at 11. We timed it right and on our way to the shops on Main Street noticed it had just opened. Sure enough the line was at least 25 people deep by the time we got our food. We ordered 2 cheeseburger and 2 pizza, but still ended up with 4 pizza. We didn't discover it until we were all the way over at the tables by Casey's. It was ok. I really couldn't decide which I wanted. I do love the pizza ones though. Those are the only 2 I've ever had. I've read about the Cheesesteak ones and I would love to try that sometime! After eating, we decided to look in the shops and then call it a day. DH was exhausted; he didn't sleep well the night before. We walked straight to our car, parked at BLT, and he decided to take a little nap in the car. I went inside the Contemporary to use the restroom and shop a bit more. I came back out to the car with intentions to read my book while DH napped but he woke up and said let's go to Disney Springs. Once again, we were reminded why we really just don't care for Disney Springs. It was sprinkling a bit, but nothing major. It was packed and neither of us get the appeal. We grabbed a coffee at Starbucks and then got in line for the World of Disney store. The line was insane. They had poor CMs posted at each entrance telling people to go to the line, which actually took you in a door in the back, which looked to be a door that the CMs normally enter. I looked around the store a bit. I got a retro "fab 5" shirt that is very 80s and I love it. I also got some castle hand towels for our new kitchen. We spent a lot of time in there, and then we decided it was probably time to head to the airport. I got a text while at DS that our flight was delayed 30 minutes. I guess they were waiting for a crew member. There were two flights leaving for CMH - one at 5:35 and one at 6:15. No idea why--they're never that close together. Our 5:35 flight was delayed to 6:05 and the 6:15 flight actually boarded before us. I would assume they ended up getting to Columbus before us too. Our flight home was uneventful. I'm going to download my pics and I'll post them soon!

Thanks to everyone who followed along! It was a great trip! DH & I decided while sitting in our car before even leaving BLT that it would be ok to take the kids in February, so I bought the plane tickets then and there! Actually, I already had the flight home book, but the flight down was still pretty expensive. It went down and I figured it probably wouldn't go much lower ($144/one-way) so I booked that. If it goes lower, I'll just get a credit. We're booked at BLT for that trip and the kids are really excited to go back!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #36
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
The Brazilian Cheese Bread WAS on the menu! Well...I'm not sure it was actually on the menu, but our server (skipper) told us about it. I wanted to try it (LOVE it at Epcot), but the server said it was pretty much the same thing so we went for something different. I will def be scheduling Skipper for our next trip!
DD said they carry something similar at Costco if you're missing that bread and you are near a Costco. I've never had it so I don't know if that's true or not.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:21 PM   #37
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Thanks for the trip report! Everytime I read one I want to go but DH not convinced....

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote