home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #1881
KyleG
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Hello! I found this forum after a conversation with a fellow Disney fan. I have rented DVC points from Davidís DVC rentals for one past reservation and have two upcoming reservations booked. My wife and I have 3.5 year and 1 year old sons. One of our upcoming trips is in a 2BR at BLT with the boys and the grandparents, and we are doing an Adult Disney trip in a Polynesian Studio in February.

Our past trips were both at AKL and I am looking at buying ~200 points resale to get a 1BR once a year for 7-8 nights (May or September until our boys start school). I previously thought it only made sense to rent points to not sink ~$25k into a time share, but am reconsidering in order to get better short term flexibility modifying reservations. We check into BLT in under 4 weeks so it will probably be best for us to wait until after that trip to make our final decision on buying into AKL, another resort, or continue renting points.
KyleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #1882
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleG View Post
Hello! I found this forum after a conversation with a fellow Disney fan. I have rented DVC points from Davidís DVC rentals for one past reservation and have two upcoming reservations booked. My wife and I have 3.5 year and 1 year old sons. One of our upcoming trips is in a 2BR at BLT with the boys and the grandparents, and we are doing an Adult Disney trip in a Polynesian Studio in February.

Our past trips were both at AKL and I am looking at buying ~200 points resale to get a 1BR once a year for 7-8 nights (May or September until our boys start school). I previously thought it only made sense to rent points to not sink ~$25k into a time share, but am reconsidering in order to get better short term flexibility modifying reservations. We check into BLT in under 4 weeks so it will probably be best for us to wait until after that trip to make our final decision on buying into AKL, another resort, or continue renting points.

Welcome to MO!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #1883
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Welcome and good luck with your decision on purchasing a DVC membership.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #1884
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Welcome aboard, and best of luck with your purchase decision.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #1885
rthomasbrown

Hi! Found this forum while researching DVC (new owner at CCV). This place has already been a tremendous resource and I'm looking forward to spending more time here (and WDW, of course).
rthomasbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 PM   #1886
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomasbrown View Post
Hi! Found this forum while researching DVC (new owner at CCV). This place has already been a tremendous resource and I'm looking forward to spending more time here (and WDW, of course).
Welcome to MouseOwners! Many very knowledgeable members here who are happy to share their Disney/DVC expertise. I learn something new almost every time I log in here.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #1887
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomasbrown View Post

Welcome aboard (again), and congratulations on your purchase!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #1888
DVC808

Smile After 5 years of ambivalence...we finally bought in!

Hi everyone! We finally have decided to become part of the DVC family! We're still waiting for Disney's approval, but I think it should be all good. Since many of my friends have chosen Aulani as their home resort, I thought I'd look into it 5 years ago. I've gone to a few timeshare presentations and I just couldn't do it. Aulani is 182/point! Lucky for me, my neighbor is a DVC member and she told me about the resale market. I had no idea! After years of going back and forth, we finally decided to buy at SSR in the resale market and saved several thousands of dollars. Yes, we don't get the perks of discounts, etc., but I'm ok with that and we don't "do Disney" very often. We went to Disney World earlier this year and I promised my son that we'd go again in 3 years. Three years ago, we went to Disneyland.

The contract we bought has banked points that will expire early next year, so we need to sell those points or use them soon after the deal closes. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that we can get a few nights at Aulani to celebrate our purchase. Wish us luck!
DVC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:38 PM   #1889
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC808 View Post
Hi everyone! We finally have decided to become part of the DVC family! We're still waiting for Disney's approval, but I think it should be all good. Since many of my friends have chosen Aulani as their home resort, I thought I'd look into it 5 years ago. I've gone to a few timeshare presentations and I just couldn't do it. Aulani is 182/point! Lucky for me, my neighbor is a DVC member and she told me about the resale market. I had no idea! After years of going back and forth, we finally decided to buy at SSR in the resale market and saved several thousands of dollars. Yes, we don't get the perks of discounts, etc., but I'm ok with that and we don't "do Disney" very often. We went to Disney World earlier this year and I promised my son that we'd go again in 3 years. Three years ago, we went to Disneyland.

The contract we bought has banked points that will expire early next year, so we need to sell those points or use them soon after the deal closes. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that we can get a few nights at Aulani to celebrate our purchase. Wish us luck!
A BIG YAY and welcome!

We have all played that waiting and researching game on DVC.
And we are all glad that we finally we bought in!
Best of luck on Aulani!
Magic always seems to happen. Happy purchase celebration trip!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #1890
DVC808

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
A BIG YAY and welcome!

We have all played that waiting and researching game on DVC.
And we are all glad that we finally we bought in!
Best of luck on Aulani!
Magic always seems to happen. Happy purchase celebration trip!

Thank you!
DVC808 is offline   Reply With Quote