home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Default The More the Merrier: Tips for Groups

Congratulations! Your extended family/large group of friends wants to join you on a magical vacation to Walt Disney World! Here are seven tips for planning a group trip to Walt Disney World. Let the planning begin… THE MORE THE MERRIER: WALT DISNEY WORLD PLANNING TIPS FOR GROUPS
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate
Rachel Thompson, Lic. Broker Associate
Meet Our Team

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

You might want to fact check a few things. 6am ET is online dining. Call, email, or chat with MS to put in the traveling together notation and you don't need to wait until after online check in to do so. You also do not have to wait to 60 days to check in.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Boundin'
Grand Villa

For some reason this post reminded me of the days when cell phones were not common and you would give your kids walkie-talkies to stay in touch with them in Disney World. Anyone else remember those days?

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

I "like" the suggestion for creating FastPass Party with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse and Minnie and YODA and Belle.
Now that's a PARTY!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
For some reason this post reminded me of the days when cell phones were not common and you would give your kids walkie-talkies to stay in touch with them in Disney World. Anyone else remember those days?
still have them just used them for our memorial day trip.

my 20 somethings boys were driving in a separate vehicle. THEIR PHONES ARE NEVER CHARGED! radios came in very handy for the road trip.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I remember those days....

And sometimes other folks would be on your "channel", so some interesting conversations...

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #7
carl sweat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default my tips for group travel

my wife and i brought our different kids and their kids, our grand kids. these are my tips. don't forget the xanex. next don't check in under your correct name; if you strangle one they will find you. bring your clone you will need one. do not make plans with anyone, even your wife. do not charge your phone. if you do, break it, leave it in the room or lose it asap. did i mention don't forget the xanex? if you don't take my advice about the xanex don't complane about the bar bill. and most of all remember these are your family, you LOVE them.
carl sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:42 PM   #8
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
still have them just used them for our memorial day trip.

my 20 somethings boys were driving in a separate vehicle. THEIR PHONES ARE NEVER CHARGED! radios came in very handy for the road trip.
My wife often has this problem. So does my 12yo son. I can understand my son not planning ahead, but my wife is old enough to know better.

We have an app called life360 that allows me to not only know their location (assuming they have GPS on and the phone is charged...) but also to see the % charge they have remaining. The location is handy when we're not together (at WDW or otherwise), but the charge notification amazingly comes in handy more often.
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #9
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl sweat View Post
my wife and i brought our different kids and their kids, our grand kids. these are my tips. don't forget the xanex. next don't check in under your correct name; if you strangle one they will find you. bring your clone you will need one. do not make plans with anyone, even your wife. do not charge your phone. if you do, break it, leave it in the room or lose it asap. did i mention don't forget the xanex? if you don't take my advice about the xanex don't complane about the bar bill. and most of all remember these are your family, you LOVE them.
JCinWonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
cocosmeme
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl sweat View Post
Very funny but true! We did a grand villa trip once (and once only) with all of ours (2 sons, their wives and 6 grandkids) and I could have used some xanex. After that we started taking the grandchildren in "age groups" without their parents. Worked like a charm.
cocosmeme is offline   Reply With Quote