home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #11
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I've always said they care more about form than function, which isn't wise in IT worlds. Also now in the world where mobile form is winning over desktop form, they seem to still care too much about fancy looks than working well. The inability to handle large loads on the sites as well baffles me too.
I've long said that too. It's been a pretty website - and so bloated and long to load. The DVC website was not that pretty and loaded pretty well but too many glitches too often. And daily "maintenance" - has been going down consistently at 2PM eastern often for 1/2 an hour although sometimes shorter.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I've long said that too. It's been a pretty website - and so bloated and long to load. The DVC website was not that pretty and loaded pretty well but too many glitches too often. And daily "maintenance" - has been going down consistently at 2PM eastern often for 1/2 an hour although sometimes shorter.
I agree it is pretty. It is also pretty hard to find info even if you look past all the bloat. We've been working on redoing our work site down to simplifying every listing/page (sales) so it's easier and works well on all devices. May not be quite as 'pretty' but we don't have to worry about certain types of scripts not working on all devices. We've gotten far more compliments with the newer layouts than the old. Sometimes simple is better.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:57 PM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I agree it is pretty. It is also pretty hard to find info even if you look past all the bloat. We've been working on redoing our work site down to simplifying every listing/page (sales) so it's easier and works well on all devices. May not be quite as 'pretty' but we don't have to worry about certain types of scripts not working on all devices. We've gotten far more compliments with the newer layouts than the old. Sometimes simple is better.
It makes me think of the new website designs that have this tiling effect. I'm not certain what the official reference is but there are tabs and as you move your mouse over it opens the tab. Kind of cool - for a second. Then as you use it you realize you have to be super precise or it opens up the next one you've accidently let your pointer move to. With those too I just wish for simple.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #14
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It makes me think of the new website designs that have this tiling effect. I'm not certain what the official reference is but there are tabs and as you move your mouse over it opens the tab. Kind of cool - for a second. Then as you use it you realize you have to be super precise or it opens up the next one you've accidently let your pointer move to. With those too I just wish for simple.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Let me click instead, damn it.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #15
Beth33
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Let me click instead, damn it.
I'm with you. Sometimes simplest is best!
Beth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #16
diznydiva99
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Site still down

Because I need to do something, the website is still down. I would take functional over pretty any day. Those little gem miners are getting on my nerves!
diznydiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #17
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznydiva99 View Post
Because I need to do something, the website is still down. I would take functional over pretty any day. Those little gem miners are getting on my nerves!
MDE is down for me now too. I can log in.....and do nothing.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznydiva99 View Post
Quote:
MDE is down for me now too. I can log in.....and do nothing.
I try really hard not to need that site for anything these days. Sometimes I have to get on there, but I always just throw some salt over my left shoulder, rub my lucky rabbitís foot, cross my fingers and pray. Itís just so frustrating!
Old 10-15-2018, 10:26 PM   #19
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I try really hard not to need that site for anything these days. Sometimes I have to get on there, but I always just throw some salt over my left shoulder, rub my lucky rabbitís foot, cross my fingers and pray. Itís just so frustrating!

And it helps if you're trying in a month that ends in Y.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #20
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I hate those. So much. We opted for clicks and not hover then click and hope you got it right. Much nicer when on mobile devices.