home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 12:04 AM   #251
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
We had 65 points to burn before Dec. So my DW and I spent our 25 anniversary at WL. Was a wonderful visit even with the diminished experiences.
School got in our way once the state travel advisory lifted. With scheduled zooms from 9-3 it just didn't work. We're banking lots of points lol
Old 11-22-2020, 12:11 AM   #252
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Seems to me the size of the room is appropriate. More like a cruise than a resort. Certainly, you don't go to this role-play "virtual" experience wanting to be resort pampered. You go to delve into a science fantasy universe. Not everyone's cup of tea to begin with, and at the deep pocket price tag, that reduces the interest somewhat more. Still, there will be no shortage of interest considering the extremely limited number of accommodations.

I was really excited until we hit ROTR last week. If the whole thing is like the "acting", if you can call it that, in ROTR then this thing would be a hard pass for me at any financial level. I think I must be the only person who ROTR was a massive let down, so my expectations for this are greatly diminished.
Nope. Was a one and done for me. I wasnít impressed. While everyone else is waiting for ROTR, Iíll be in line for FOP!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:18 AM   #253
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Nope. Was a one and done for me. I wasn’t impressed. While everyone else is waiting for ROTR, I’ll be in line for FOP!

ROTR is not in my top 10 at WDW. FOP is currently #1 in my book.

When I get off of FOP, my smile on my face and shear giddiness if off the charts.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #254
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

When I get off of FOP, my smile on my face and shear giddiness if off the charts.
Still have not rode FOP yet!! Will try ROTR for my husband but Iím just not into Star Wars... Hoping to get a Gold AP this year so I can finally get on these rides!
Old 11-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #255
Deb & Bill
Grand Villa

Not having a window in the room to see outside would be the issue for me. Being able to see outside only on the "field trip" to the planet would not be pleasant. Considering all the people who reserve a specific location for the view or the balcony, I can't see many people enjoying a stay here unless they were big into play acting. Just don't accept a red shirt.

As well as the small size and needing to play a role the entire time. Not a cruiser and not into cos-play.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #256
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think that 3 days is a little deceptive. Check in will likely be in the afternoon. Somewhere between 3-5pm if I had to guess. Settle in and begin the ďmissionĒ. 1 full day of immersive cosplay, including time in GE. Then check out by 11 next morning. But thatís all just a guess.
Yeah - it's more like the cruise language. A '3-day' cruise boards around lunchtime or after on day 1 and disembarks first thing in the morning on day 3. I'd expect this to have a very similar model.

Quote:
Nope. Was a one and done for me. I wasnít impressed. While everyone else is waiting for ROTR, Iíll be in line for FOP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

Wow - I've been really excited for this ride. Will be interested to see how feels for us if we can get on!
Old 11-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #257
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

Just don't accept a red shirt.
Good one, even if it is the wrong show.

Somewhere I have a very embarrassing video of DH and I doing the Star Trek sketch at Universal from 1992.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #258
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Yeah - it's more like the cruise language. A '3-day' cruise boards around lunchtime or after on day 1 and disembarks first thing in the morning on day 3. I'd expect this to have a very similar model.

Wow - I've been really excited for this ride. Will be interested to see how feels for us if we can get on!
Everyone is different, and I wouldnít deliberately discourage anyone from riding this with every expectation of enjoying it. Just not for me. Go forth and conquer!
Old 11-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #259
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Not on DCL -- cruises marketed as 3-day disembark on the morning of day 4. And I'd be willing to bet the same is true of other cruise lines.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:15 PM   #260
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Interesting, FOP is fine but I don't love it. The glasses fall on my face and with the back issues it's not comfortable. I don't find it as visually interesting as Navi to warrant many rides. My kid loves it though so we do it lol