home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Serina
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Need advice on selling/buying

We have a 350 point HH contract (purchased direct in 1999) that wed like to sell and then purchase @ 150 BC points and 150 HH points. Over the years we have found we dont need as many HH points but would like the 11 month booking window for BC. This would be our first time selling points. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Serina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Go with the Board sponsor. We've used them for buying and selling and they have been fantastic!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #3
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serina View Post
We have a 350 point HH contract (purchased direct in 1999) that wed like to sell and then purchase @ 150 BC points and 150 HH points. Over the years we have found we dont need as many HH points but would like the 11 month booking window for BC. This would be our first time selling points. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I don't know if you use any of the Membership Perks through DVC, but I just wanted to point out that once you sell your HHI contract and buy resale, you will lose the benefits you currently have.

Right now your direct purchase affords you a "blue" membership card and all the "perks" that go along with that level of ownership. Your new membership will mean you are a "white" membership owner and you will have more restrictions on your points.

Again... may not matter to you, but be sure that the downgrade is something you can live with going forward.

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
iflyjetzzz
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I don't know if you use any of the Membership Perks through DVC, but I just wanted to point out that once you sell your HHI contract and buy resale, you will lose the benefits you currently have.

Right now your direct purchase affords you a "blue" membership card and all the "perks" that go along with that level of ownership. Your new membership will mean you are a "white" membership owner and you will have more restrictions on your points.

Again... may not matter to you, but be sure that the downgrade is something you can live with going forward.
Wouldn't the lower maintenance fees more than offset the loss of blue membership?
iflyjetzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #5
ajc
Grand Villa

You could buy HH on resale and see about BCV direct if you need blue card benefits.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Will probably take a while to sell 350 HH contract. We just sold HHI...50, 50 and 25 and they went reasonably fast. But larger ones tend to sit a while. Good news is you probably paid less per point than you will list for so you can drop your price if there is no interest.

But you should maybe list asap. Since it may take a while. But your plan is good for lowering your dues (why we sold our HHI points) and for buying 2 resorts you want 11 month booking at. Probably be needed by end of 2021 going into 2022 as I think there will be a ton of owners needing to unload their piling up points.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
You could buy HH on resale and see about BCV direct if you need blue card benefits.
I would probably do the opposite. HHI direct is much cheaper than BCV direct.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #8
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Good point. I recently bought some PVB, and the difference between direct and market price was huge. I'm sure the same is true of BCV.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #9
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Point taken.
Is the blue card minimum at 150 now?
I was only thinking about WDW access to other resorts on points purchased direct. (cant use resale at Riviera but BCV is nice to stay).
Poster may want same use year if they need to use points to complete a stay at 7 months.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Good point. I recently bought some PVB, and the difference between direct and market price was huge. I'm sure the same is true of BCV.
That was my thinking. I havent looked at numbers lately, but I think BCV was something in the neighborhood of 225/pt? HHI was a bargain by comparison.