home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
BeachMouse1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Question about making an offer

So I知 ready to start looking and making an offer on a contract when I find one I like resale.
I have read many good things about many resale companies on here
Is it ok to call or email multiple companies and tell them what I知 looking for and see who finds something for me or is it more acceptable to just work with one company?
I want to do this right and looking for insight as to the proper procedure
Thanks
BeachMouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMouse1 View Post
So I知 ready to start looking and making an offer on a contract when I find one I like resale.
I have read many good things about many resale companies on here
Is it ok to call or email multiple companies and tell them what I知 looking for and see who finds something for me or is it more acceptable to just work with one company?
I want to do this right and looking for insight as to the proper procedure
Thanks
Is it acceptable to shop for a car, and even do a test drive, at more than one dealer? Of course it is. As long as you are sincere and show basic respect for the seller and resale company, I don't see a problem.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #3
BeachMouse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Is it acceptable to shop for a car, and even do a test drive, at more than one dealer? Of course it is. As long as you are sincere and show basic respect for the seller and resale company, I don't see a problem.
Thank you! Just want to use proper etiquette and appreciate all the help from everyone on here
Old 11-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

And you can offer lower than asking and/or ask for dues covered or closing costs. But, like buying a house, in that you don't want to lowball too much where buyers just walk without counter. You can lowball but it may take several attempts over a period of time to find sellers willing to play ball. And DVD might ROFR the contract if it's too low.

And if you make 2 offers at same time and they both accept without counter then it's a matter of good conscience if you then say 'nah, never mind' to one of them. It's a thin line to walk. YKWIM. Where you want to get the best deal but not be a cad.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

shop shop shop.....No issues with kicking a few tires and different dealerships. If you find a contract you like, then go at it hard. If you are patient and want to find a deal, then by all means offer lots of low ball offers. It is a sellers market, if you go too low, Disney has been active with ROFR. A bargain shopper will take a month or two longer to find that right deal. Expect a 3 month window from buying to owning your DVC contract, longer on a deal......and that is if DVC doesn't take it back.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM   #6
BeachMouse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
shop shop shop.....No issues with kicking a few tires and different dealerships. If you find a contract you like, then go at it hard. If you are patient and want to find a deal, then by all means offer lots of low ball offers. It is a sellers market, if you go too low, Disney has been active with ROFR. A bargain shopper will take a month or two longer to find that right deal. Expect a 3 month window from buying to owning your DVC contract, longer on a deal......and that is if DVC doesn't take it back.
Thanks I found one that worked perfectly for me and I ended up settling on a few dollars per point more than I wanted but it痴 a small contract but it had extra points available for next year, the seller came down quite a bit and there are extra points in it so I can keep banking forward and get more vacation days every year than I was originally buying for. It turns out I was haggling over about $120 so I figured I would rather be happy with what I have than losing it
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #7
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
It turns out I was haggling over about $120 so I figured I would rather be happy with what I have than losing it
And that's what counts, as long as you're happy with it. Life is too short to spend your precious time on things that don't really matter.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #8
BeachMouse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
And that's what counts, as long as you're happy with it. Life is too short to spend your precious time on things that don't really matter.
Yes in these crazy times we must do what makes us happy. I feel I got a good deal, not rock bottom, extra points, the resort I wanted so I知 happy! Now hopefully it passes ROFR
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #9
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yes in these crazy times we must do what makes us happy. I feel I got a good deal, not rock bottom, extra points, the resort I wanted so I知 happy! Now hopefully it passes ROFR
Best of luck with ROFR! What resort did you buy?
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #10
BeachMouse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Best of luck with ROFR! What resort did you buy?
Grand Floridian our offer was accepted!
Have always loved that resort and always been a dream of mine to own a little piece LOL