home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #11
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You’ll get there! When is your niece traveling with you again? Put those young, lightening fast fingers to work!
Our next trip. In October. She'll be an ancient 17! Oh wait, she'll be a growing young lady. I'll be ancient. I forget things like that...

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #12
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Our next trip. In October. She'll be an ancient 17! Oh wait, she'll be a growing young lady. I'll be ancient. I forget things like that...

Cheers.
Well, you and mrs brp have lasted longer than most. Any parent who is living with/has survived teenagers can tell you that we started getting really old and really dumb around the time that hormones kicked in.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #13
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

bout time they're doing this at Disney Springs. I was always glad that City Walk at Universal had screening, so this is a good thing. Security check is SOOOO much better now at the parks, with the new tech. no pawing through my stuff!
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 03:17 AM   #14
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I do think the technology looks good. Most of security is theater to me. This could be good I think. Anything that keeps security off and out of my stuff. Was I wrong in thinking these were supposed to be deployed at all parks? Or did I have a weird dream about it.
Yes they will be. MK apparently will be last, ironically perhaps. I guess because they need to have them at each monorail resort, TTC, Contemporary & GF walkways, plus the boat docks and bus arrivals. Putting them immediately outside would be possible - but then you have that area a security risk which is what they tried to move away from.

DHS, AK and Epcot IG all have them already. Not sure about the Epcot main gate yet.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #15
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I was happy with the metal detectors.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Yes they will be. MK apparently will be last, ironically perhaps. I guess because they need to have them at each monorail resort, TTC, Contemporary & GF walkways, plus the boat docks and bus arrivals. Putting them immediately outside would be possible - but then you have that area a security risk which is what they tried to move away from.

DHS, AK and Epcot IG all have them already. Not sure about the Epcot main gate yet.
MK had them when coming from the bus stop last week.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct '18, RIV Oct '20
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #17
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yup. And airport security has been repeatedly shown to be a farce that is easy to circumvent. On travel boards it's routinely called Security Theatre.

But it does make people feel good. And it will catch stupid people trying to do something bad.

Cheers.
It's not the technology that's "security theater" It's the poorly trained thugs who think that SCREAMING and being abusive is "security". The guns show up on the screeners, the thugs however are too busy playing "I am important" to focus on minor things like that LOL!

At least Disney hasn't resorted to yelling at guests as part of their act.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:57 AM   #18
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
It's not the technology that's "security theater" It's the poorly trained thugs who think that SCREAMING and being abusive is "security". The guns show up on the screeners, the thugs however are too busy playing "I am important" to focus on minor things like that LOL!

At least Disney hasn't resorted to yelling at guests as part of their act.
I also haven't had that experience with TSA. I've had TSA agents that seemed more, or less, competent, but not abusive behavior. Nor have I seen it when I've been there. Wonder why we have such different experiences?

Cheers.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #19
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I also haven't had that experience with TSA. I've had TSA agents that seemed more, or less, competent, but not abusive behavior. Nor have I seen it when I've been there. Wonder why we have such different experiences?

Cheers.
Me, too. We have always had friendly, polite and professional TSA agents. No yelling at passengers, even when they deserve it IMO. Maybe we just mainly use different airports & airlines.

I detest some of the Disney agents though. Some are very good. Others are turtle slow and insist on undoing everything and touching all my stuff. I am an old lady who basically carries one 8x6 inch bag, and wears clothing without pockets. So I must profile as a HUGE security threat!! Perhaps they can read minds & that's why I get the occasional special treatment, LOL.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote