home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #1911
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie1DVC2014 View Post
Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and only posted a couple times. This forum is great, much better than the other one that may not be named. Especially since we bought into DVC. I hate my handle, but oh well.

My wife and I bought a low amount of points direct in 2014 at GFV while on a disney vacation. We didnt know anything about the resale market. With all the information gathered (mostly here), we added on at BRV using the resale market so we could get the full kitchen in a 1 bedroom. BRV is our favorite, we are in our 50s so the 2042 end year doesnt bother us. Same use year, thanks mouseowners!!

I'm glad we have the direct points (the annual pass deal was awesome, we added a third trip during the year just because of it). But...

Not that there is anything wrong with GFV, but it's not our favorite and costs a lot of points to stay there. I wish we had known more back then. The DVC folks didn't mention the possibility of other resorts to buy, or we would have done it differently.

I'm the planner, so these boards are a great tool.

We have never rented or transferred. We thought we might use RCI in the future, but it sounds like it might be better to rent the points and use cash. I'll have to learn more about RCI.

Cheers!

Glad to have you join in on the conversation! By the way, if you don't like you screen name (or handle) you only have 7 posts -- why don't you create a new name you do like? Just a suggestion.

Also, if you don't really like VGF, why don't you sell your contract and buy at CCV? Depending on when you bought you might be able to get out of the contract for the price bought in (or close). Swap VGF for CCV? Since you seem to love the Wilderness Lodge, maybe that might be a better fit and then you can have a longer contract date, and be at a resort you like better? Just a thought.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #1912
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and only posted a couple times. This forum is great, much better than the other one that may not be named. Especially since we bought into DVC. I hate my handle, but oh well.

My wife and I bought a low amount of points direct in 2014 at GFV while on a disney vacation. We didnt know anything about the resale market. With all the information gathered (mostly here), we added on at BRV using the resale market so we could get the full kitchen in a 1 bedroom. BRV is our favorite, we are in our 50s so the 2042 end year doesnt bother us. Same use year, thanks mouseowners!!

I'm glad we have the direct points (the annual pass deal was awesome, we added a third trip during the year just because of it). But...

Not that there is anything wrong with GFV, but it's not our favorite and costs a lot of points to stay there. I wish we had known more back then. The DVC folks didn't mention the possibility of other resorts to buy, or we would have done it differently.

We have never rented or transferred. We thought we might use RCI in the future, but it sounds like it might be better to rent the points and use cash. I'll have to learn more about RCI.

Cheers!

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #1913
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Hello,

Cheers!
Welcome fellow MO and BRV lover. We bought at AKL and were offered GF or AKL and the # of studios and point spread was the clincher for our first direct DVC contract in 2013 (plus the animals!).
Then addonitis hit and the home team is growing points (at VB, OKW, BRV, as well as AKL).
The ability to book at 7 months is getter tight so book at GF then try to change at 7 months but the OP is right. Contract prices are high and that may give you back your $ to do another direct contract at CCV and keep your direct benefits. The hard part is not booking while the contract is on the market.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #1914
jules2400
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Helllllloooowww!

Hi all! Glad to be joining the MO community! I am new to DVC but a WDW and DL veteran. I purchased CCV in March of 2018 and will likely be adding on more in the very near future! Thanks all in advance for answering ALL of my questions as I look into purchasing resale!!
jules2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:21 AM   #1915
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules2400 View Post
Hi all! Glad to be joining the MO community! I am new to DVC but a WDW and DL veteran. I purchased CCV in March of 2018 and will likely be adding on more in the very near future! Thanks all in advance for answering ALL of my questions as I look into purchasing resale!!

Welcome aboard, and best of luck with your upcoming purchase.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:30 AM   #1916
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Glad to have you join us here on MouseOwners! Welcome home to your new resort -- CCV is wonderful! I'm sure you'll make many terrific memories.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #1917
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:

Welcome to MO!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #1918
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Hello,

Cheers!

Welcome to MO!!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #1919
FLStitch
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default New DVC Members - Wilderness Lodge

Hello, We purchased a Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek DVC this summer. We LOVE the Wilderness Lodge. Our first use will be the week of Thanksgiving at The Polynesian. We tried to get Copper Creek but they were all booked up. We have a wait list for there but it's getting pretty close now.

We wonder if there would be a way to trade our days at the Polynesian for someone's days at Copper Creek. Someone might want Polynesian as badly as we want Copper Creek. How would we know? Call Member Services?
FLStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #1920
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLStitch View Post
Hello, We purchased a Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek DVC this summer. We LOVE the Wilderness Lodge. Our first use will be the week of Thanksgiving at The Polynesian. We tried to get Copper Creek but they were all booked up. We have a wait list for there but it's getting pretty close now.

We wonder if there would be a way to trade our days at the Polynesian for someone's days at Copper Creek. Someone might want Polynesian as badly as we want Copper Creek. How would we know? Call Member Services?

Glad to have your join in on the conversation! and welcome home to CCV!

Unfortunately there really isn't anyway to see if someone is at CCV that would rather PVB. All you can do is open a wait list and hope that you get some