home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 AM   #41
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
DW and I talked about this thread and we both agreed. Neither of us would want to go without the other. I truly don't think I would have any fun without her and she said the same thing about going without me. I guess that's what happens after 37 years together.
Agree, but if I was already there at a conference I might go in and wander around. However, I am not much of a solo adventurer. I have to have an accomplice to have any fun.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:03 AM   #42
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

I have been going solo for years. I'm retired, my wife is still running her business.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby part time, 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #43
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Was it her suggestion, or did you actually have to say “We are going to WDW on our own for our special day”?

If she suggested it, then fair enough! Otherwise indeed!!

We did actually take our boys with us. Or rather, we would have done, then had to cancel and rebook a few months later. The younger one wasn’t an adult though, so we didn’t really consider going it alone. One day ....
Our anniversary trip was a 9 day trip without the kids, so I was probably feeling a little guilty... That was the longest trip we’d ever taken without our monsters!
Old 08-27-2018, 08:33 AM   #44
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I do the same thing. DH thanks me for “introducing” him to Beaches and Cream. And he doesn’t do little kids’ rides. Can you believe he’s never done Barnstormer?
Mine hasn’t done Barnstormer either! This year we are staying at BWV/Jambo. He loves our home resort, but is happy to try out new places. I’ve stayed at BWV solo, and DD and I stayed at Jambo in April. We aren’t huge Kidani fans, but I think he will really enjoy Jambo. He wants to try it because Em and I enjoyed it so much!
Old 08-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #45
ajc
Grand Villa

Go!!!!
and make a list of all the things you like but SO doesn't and treat yourself to those experiences minus the foot scuffing (DH doesn't like Living with Land, Figment, RnR, EE,(single rider lines work well here), Space Mountain, Frozen.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #46
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Go!!!!
and make a list of all the things you like but SO doesn't and treat yourself to those experiences minus the foot scuffing (DH doesn't like Living with Land, Figment, RnR, EE,(single rider lines work well here), Space Mountain, Frozen.
Mine doesn’t like ToT, Space Mountain, teacups. I don’t like for him to sit rides out while I play. He doesn’t mind, but I do. So I do those rides when he isn’t with me. That way when we are together we can do the rides that we both enjoy.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #47
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravena View Post
Hey, all! A Disney + relationship dilemma: I'm visiting Orlando for work without my significant other, and I'm debating whether I stop by a park (the after hours event at MK sounds perfect). I know my partner will be disappointed I'm disneying without him, even if he says I should go and have a good time.

He's never been to WDW (though he grew up close to DL). I've been to WDW three times. We visit DL a couple times/year. I have been to parks alone and loved it, so going solo is no problem at all.

If you were spending three days with free time alone in Orlando, would you visit a park or two without your partner? How would your significant others feel? I'm from Washington state, so it feels impossible to turn down WDW while in Orlando ... is it selfish to visit knowing my SO is sitting on the couch at home?

Alternatives to a park: dinner at nice Disney restaurant, visiting Disney Springs, strolling the boardwalk ...

Thanks for the input!
First, I have and AP so if I was close and had free time...I would go by a park or two. But when there for business I usually have evening dinner plans with vendors or colleagues. So, that might limit to me to one night.

In one case I simply tacked on an extra night so I had a full day in EPCOT..and was my first chance to meet Tom and Robin in person where we enjoyed several Blood Red Margaritia before seeing ELO (The ORchestra now) at the Epcot ampitheatre. I then flew out the next day.

Yes my DW was jealous but she understood that I was local and it would be a waste not to go if I had the opportuity.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #48
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Absolutely go alone! If it ever worked out for sweetie or myself, the other would be in full on encourage mode! When we're there together we do, from time to time, split up. She loves the idea of lounging by the pool most of the afternoon..... I'm good with that for maybe an hour or so. We'll have breakfast in a park, Epcot for example, then ride Soarin', Living with the Land, maybe one other and she's off to the pool. I'll stay behind and do/ride/go wherever. We'll meet again at dinner.
DH and I have learned to do this. His idea of vacation is sleeping in and lounging around as long as he wants, yes even at WDW. I like to get up and go do stuff at least some mornings when we are at WDW (other vacations are different). So I'll leave him resting/sleeping/whatever and bring him back a late breakfast/lunch or he'll meet me when he's ready to be on the move.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote