home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #91
administrator
Ms. Personality

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXOxTWjWW8
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #92
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
Maybe it's time that we take this outside of the forum to a private message so that there isn't so much posturing and we can talk like two adults.
This ASSumes that you are capable of acting like an "adult" and I am not sure that is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
That is truly abusive. It's extremely hurtful. I'm sorry that you had to interject yourself into this. Maybe you should invoke your "inner editor." I hope you experience at least some backlash on your mouth. I reached out to Dirk in an email and I was hoping to resolve things. You've only served to worsen them.

I know that your purpose here is to goad me into saying something retaliatory so that you can delete my account, but I won't feed into it. Believe me, though, the thoughts are in my head.

If there is anyone that read your post and is chuckling to themselves, I'd like to point out that I was never abusive towards anyone. This was out of line. Go screw.
According to Google, Abusive = "extremely offensive and insulting" or "engaging in or characterized by habitual violence and cruelty" and neither of these have been directed you.

When you state "the thought are in my head", my Internet based medical opinion is that this is a sign of "schizophrenia" and I would suggest you see real doctor in person.

According to Google, "Schizophrenia" is a mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Telling people that responded to this thread to "go screw" could mean go screw yourself (that is not very nice) or that we should engage in some private bedroom activities (and I appreciate that thought). I will give you a pass on this one and take your advice.....gotta go, I need to convince my significant other that it is time to get busy.

FYI

Last edited by DVC Doctor; 10-15-2017 at 05:34 PM.
DVC Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #93
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Thank you Kim, I needed that today!!!

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #94
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

I didn't even have time to get out the popcorn.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #95
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Be careful when cherry picking information. So, from the same article.

Quote:
If you want to maximize the happiness of your experiencing self, plan a lengthy vacation. An extra week of sipping cocktails in the sun will almost certainly keep your stress levels lower than hunching over your keyboard at work.
This is exactly the reason for our vacations. If we want to experience and explore, Disney would not be the destination.

He says it is good for some people and a waste for others. That headline is click-bait. "Two week vacations are a waste!" It is also worth noting that Daniel Kahneman did not write that article. It was someone else using snippets of Kahneman's research and providing scientific data in click-bait format outlining that depending on the goals of your vacation, some people would find shorter stays more rewarding.
Be careful when responding without reading what I actually said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Nobel Prize winning psychologist Daniel Kahneman says you might be better off with a one-week vacation than a two-week one. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-l...-travel-2017-7
Quote:
It's obviously not as simple as I made it sound, and the article only hits the highlights, but one of the important caveats is what you're doing on the vacation. Two weeks of the same thing is less "valuable" in your memory than two weeks of different things. If you're cruising around to different experiences over the course of a month your memories of that will be "better" than if you're doing mostly the same things over that month. In time that month will blend together and you won't have demonstrably better memories than if you'd done it for a week (and the week is less expensive, of course). That's not to say you wouldn't have a far better experience during the month-long cruise than a week-long cruise, though. A longer vacation is almost definitely better than a shorter one while it's happening. Even as a non-cruiser, a month-long trip sounds pretty nice.

I just find this stuff interesting.
I'm well aware that Kahneman didn't write the article in the link, hence the Chris Weller byline. I figured folks would rather read a quick article than listen to a 20 minute TED Talk, but here's Kahneman if you'd prefer to hear it in his own words.

One week or two weeks; doesn't matter to me. Like I said, I just find it interesting.

Last edited by rowrbazzle; 10-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #96
rowrbazzle
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I didn't even have time to get out the popcorn.
I hear ya. I was just about to . It was something while it lasted, though.

Last edited by rowrbazzle; 10-15-2017 at 08:16 PM.
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #97
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It's obviously not as simple as I made it sound, and the article only hits the highlights, but one of the important caveats is what you're doing on the vacation. Two weeks of the same thing is less "valuable" in your memory than two weeks of different things.
10-15 2-5 day vacations is optimal. At least for us

Cheers.