home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #21
Sykes
Studio

We love Tiffin's--we've been there 4 or 5 times now, and have been going there pretty much since it opened. I posted a few notes about my favorite menu items in another thread here:

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...30&postcount=7

I'm still a bit sad they replaced the Lobster-Popcorn Thai Curry Soup with Tom Kha Soup. I love Tom Kha, but I can get that at any thai restaurant. Nonetheless, it's still my favorite restaurant on property.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:18 PM   #22
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
I'm not sure the ages of your non-adventurous eaters, but our family ate everything from the beef to the duck and prawns (not sure they are on the menu anymore). In any case, my pickier eaters stuck to beef which was cooked to desired temp perfectly (we are medium rare eaters). My mom ate the scallops which, as mentioned, are pretty straight forward. My son had the duck and still claims it to be the best he's ever had (in his whole 11 years ). I know that a couple of my kids had sauces put on the side for some things and substituted a couple of sides. The CMs were very willing to do this and offered explanations of anything we needed to make sure they would like it. Our server (April) even offered to bring out something different if anyone did not like a dish (was not necessary; they all enjoyed their meals). Like I said, the service was some of the best we have ever had. Not sure if this helps...it is expensive, so it's worth checking the menu out beforehand.
We do eat out a lot on our trips, so we do understand the cost. We have so many places we like although it is nice to try new going to a place that people don't like is a waste. So sauces can be put on the side and you can substituent sides, do they have any American style sides like fries or mashed potatoes? The beef is it a steak or more of a roast and is that pretty safe? Now that you said scallops that will take care of one, being able to replace sides might be a plus. Is the sauces and taste similar to Asian or is there a better comparison?
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:51 AM   #23
cali09
One Bedroom

Might need to try and add Tiffin's to our ADR's for Christmas/NYE

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #24
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

We went to Tiffins on the ROL package. We enjoyed it but without the package dinner would have been quite pricey. It was very good, however.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #25
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Just can't wait to try Tiffins. It all sounds so yummy, and your reviews make us want to skip a F/W night and try it! Hope to do it sooner than later, maybe next May!
Thanks for the recommendations!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #26
hlyntunstl
One Bedroom

I booked Tiffins before they had the Rivers of Light package. I meant to see if I could change it but forgot. When we got to the table, our server said “You on the Rivers of Light package, correct?” We said no, which she then confirmed and said “would you like to be?”. We were given the passes so she went with it.

It was one of my top meals ever. I actually found myself dancing in my seat like Homer Simpson while enjoying my Waygu beef. I laughed at myself and kept on dancing. An 11 out of 10 for me.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #27
MickeyFan787
One Bedroom

That is funny - nice pixie dust. I love Tiffins - I won't have time next trip for a full meal but I will pop in to the lounge for a drink and snack. I wonder how much extra business they must get from the package? I see here that a lot of people are a bit afraid to give it a try. So worth it!
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #28
Sykes
Studio

It used to be empty all the time—even the Nomad Lounge. Now that Pandora is open, my favorite little quiet corner is packed all the time. I’m glad other people are finding it, but I kind of wish it had stayed my little secret.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #29
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Tiffins is excellent. The RoL packages can be hard to book there, but I've had generally good luck getting same day ADRs.

We'll be there for Thanksgiving. Mmmm! <Homer Simpson drool>

Dirk
Old 10-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #30
bgoss16
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Bread platter was wonderful and the beers were super unique.
bgoss16 is offline   Reply With Quote