home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 03:16 PM   #81
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations on your new position! Best of luck with it.

Glad you’re feeling better.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:21 PM   #82
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

This and that.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #83
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
This and that.
Ditto
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #84
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
This and that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Ditto
Thanks all. I'm moving into management which is a big change for me, and I am excited for it. We are an independent ED, so the role is not typical. I am so fond of our community and population and so lucky to be working where I work. It will be a fun challenge.

And thanks for the well wishes. I have no idea what virus struck, but it was mean. It has been making the rounds among my co-workers, and many have had that nagging cough and bleah for weeks afterwards. This is why I am a bit of a germaphobe.

Lastly, did anyone notice the "Big Arms" thing that Waldo used throughout the day? It struck me as funny while re-reading through the report, and now all I can hear in my head is Eddie Izzard saying, "Jesus, why are you doing the big arms thing? I dunno', I just thought I'd do the big arms thing." (Dress to Kill, 1999)

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #85
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Challenge Day! I’m going to try to remember this as best as I can…it was a very busy day with so much park hopping that I may have trouble keeping it straight.

So some of you may recall that we had thought to try a challenge to see how many FPs we could use in one day. Well, this sounded good in theory, but with spring break crowds I thought it may be too limited. Some potential problems were only having FP availability for rides like Winnie the Pooh, Nemo, and the tea cups. I thought this may not turn out well. I really did not want to use FPs as much as possible as much as I wanted to ride a lot of rides. Waldo and I had noted a couple of days earlier in our trip that we ended up on multiple forms of transportation while trying to park hop, and that is when the idea struck. We would see how many types of “rides” we could ride in one day. It was a broad description…as in the car from our resort to Animal Kingdom on Friday counted, as well as the tram, any Disney transport between parks…and then the fun part, any type of ride vehicle we could manage to ride in one day.

It shaped up like this: We had to check out of our resort around 0700 Friday morning as we were to check in at Coronado Springs for our last two nights of the trip. We had FPs for FOP at 0805 at Animal Kingdom, so that put an early start to the day. By the end of the day we would hit AK, Epcot, HS, IoA and Universal Studios. The only park we missed was Magic Kingdom.
Honestly, if I had not started to feel poorly I think we could have done it. Unfortunately, by the end of the day I was exhausted, as in I wandered around Universal Studios watching Waldo enjoy being a wizard and skipped on even my favorite rides. I chalked it up to an early morning and a long day….two days later I would realize differently.

Parameters: We BOTH had to ride the ride. We could not duplicate rides. And….that was about it.

Alright….ready, set, go!

Animal Kingdom: Arrival time 0730. Park opening hour was 0800. Plan was for a walk on to the Safaris at park opening, get coffee, then head to FOP. For those who know me, I have not ridden FOP since my first flight because I walked off that ride a bit nauseated. In the spirit of a challenge, and after reading someone’s post about being too stubborn to not ride once in line, I was determined to ride. (I did not say I would keep my eyes open the entire time…)

Ride #1: The car (Sorry, no pic.)

Ride #2: The tram

Ride #3: Safari Truck

We had some really good photo ops this morning. The lion was out sunning himself, and we passed a nest of ostrich eggs.

Ride #4: A Banshee! (And I walked off no worse for the wear. I actually will be riding it from here on out!)

Ride #5: A raft…we walked from Pandora to Kali River Rapids. Waldo scored the wet seat, but it felt good as it was already getting hotter out.

(Sorry so blurry)

Ride #6: A time traveling truck….we had our last FP for the morning at Dinosaur.

After scanning through Dinosaur, I jumped on my Disney app and looked for the next FP. We decided on Hollywood Studios and Tower of Terror. An elevator was something different. Since we would drive right by Coronado Springs, we decided to drop the car off and check in. I booked the room with an AP discount, so I had to pay off the second night and had no expectation of a room being ready. This was our first stay at Coronado, so more about that later. As it was, timing was perfect. We parked the car, walked up to check in and were greeted by a CM with an I Pad. She had us checked in in under five minutes. We walked out to the bus stop, and the bus pulling up was for Hollywood Studios. The entire process took maybe 20 minutes from leaving AK to boarding our bus to HS. We couldn’t ask for better.

We knew Hollywood Studios would be a single ride park because there are not many forms of transportation in the rides there. The only other ride we thought would be different was Star Tours, and I was not willing to “muscle through” that one. We went straight to ToT which had a pretty lengthy wait time. It was while in line for this ride that I fielded the phone call from HR, so thanks to a promotion ToT was even more of my favorite ride.

Ride #7 Disney Bus

Ride # 8 An elevator

And a couple of fun "rides" that don't count...but fun pics nonetheless....

Speaking of work…will post more later. I am off in that direction for the afternoon.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"

Last edited by MamaB24; 04-24-2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Adding photos
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #86
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Looks like a fun challenge.

Is it me or do they always have an ostrich nest out there on the safari? Is it a Disney magic nest?
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #87
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Congrats on the promotion! Lets see its a management position and so far we all know: you can organize and manage a group; you deal well with changing circumstances; you manage expectations for yourself and the group; logistics are not a problem; oh and you can clearly report on events.

I say you will be perfect!