home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #11
Deb & Bill
Grand Villa

The real issue it the chance of booking one of these. There are only five two bedroom lockoffs, with three savanna view and two pool view. All have limited views because of the roof overhang. Before the villas were built, much of the fifth floor was considered concierge rooms before the conversion. The sixth floor where the current concierge villas are located had been where the smoking rooms had been located. At least one of the villas is handicap accessible as noted by the posters above.

Because there are only five studios and five one bedrooms which are also booked as a lockoff two bedroom, it is hard to book these. These are often walked and might not be available when you go to book these at 11 months out unless someone has changed or canceled a reservation.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:58 PM   #12
Crafty
Grand Villa

We are owners at AKV and have been considering trying for a short 2 bedroom concierge stay.

How many of the rooms are HA? I fell on the water in a HA room bathroom at another resort and had 11 stitches in my head. Needless to say, I donít want another HA room.

Is it one of the five two Bedrooms? So we would have a 20% chance? I am assuming that if you book there, that you have no option? Is the HA room savannah or pool? Are you allowed to request one of those?

While I would like to try concierge once, it seems pretty risky for me. I am not young anymore, and canít risk another fall.

Will Disney tell you the room assignment in advance so that you could cancel?

Should I abandon thoughts of concierge?
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #13
EeyoreLover
Studio

We stayed in a 1 bedroom lock-off HA room last July (I think that we had room 5205) -- it was a partial Savannah view room. As far as I remember, we could not request a particular view -- you get what you are assigned.

I happened to notice the day before we left that we were assigned to a HA room based on the room description listed on My Disney Experience (we never do online check-in). I called Member Services and asked to be be switched to a non-HA room and was told that was the only room available during our stay so they could not switch us.

I felt that the water flow in the shower was dangerous since the water flowed out of the shower and into the bathroom. Even after we tried to create a dam with towels on the floor, the water still ended up all over the bathroom floor. So we will never stay in a Concierge room again as I would not risk getting assigned to the HA room.
EeyoreLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #14
Crafty
Grand Villa

Are any of the studios HA? Or is it just the 1-2 bedroom lockoffs?

Maybe we could book two studios to avoid this problem. I only want to try this once for a couple of days. We are trying to be more adventurous.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:17 AM   #15
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Are any of the studios HA? Or is it just the 1-2 bedroom lockoffs?

Maybe we could book two studios to avoid this problem. I only want to try this once for a couple of days. We are trying to be more adventurous.
There are five 2-bedroom Club level rooms. One of those configurations is accessible, and I believe its for both the studio and 1-bedroom portion. If its only one side of the lock-off, it would be the 1-bedroom.

You will not ever be able to book two studio club level rooms. There is constant walking of those rooms and getting just one is a task, but two is not possible.

Early this month we stayed AKV Club Level again and loved it. I check often, but availability is ridiculous for those rooms. Toughest DVC room to book in the DVC system.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #16
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
There are five 2-bedroom Club level rooms. One of those configurations is accessible, and I believe its for both the studio and 1-bedroom portion. If its only one side of the lock-off, it would be the 1-bedroom.

You will not ever be able to book two studio club level rooms. There is constant walking of those rooms and getting just one is a task, but two is not possible.

Early this month we stayed AKV Club Level again and loved it. I check often, but availability is ridiculous for those rooms. Toughest DVC room to book in the DVC system.
Maybe we could book one studio in concierge and put all four names on it and then book another room in the building, maybe standard or even value. Two people could sleep in each. Can a persons name be on two rooms?
Old 04-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

If you stay in a Jambo grand villa do you have access to Kilimanjaro Club amenities?

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We are owners at AKV and have been considering trying for a short 2 bedroom concierge stay.

How many of the rooms are HA? I fell on the water in a HA room bathroom at another resort and had 11 stitches in my head. Needless to say, I donít want another HA room.

Is it one of the five two Bedrooms? So we would have a 20% chance? I am assuming that if you book there, that you have no option? Is the HA room savannah or pool? Are you allowed to request one of those?

While I would like to try concierge once, it seems pretty risky for me. I am not young anymore, and canít risk another fall.

Will Disney tell you the room assignment in advance so that you could cancel?

Should I abandon thoughts of concierge?
There are no HA studios on the concierge level. There are 2 HA 1 BRs on the concierge level but only one has a roll in shower and the other is an HA with a tub. Both of them are on the Savannah side leaving only 1 more 1 BR on the Savannah side that has no accessible features.

Concierge is difficult to book and getting 2 studios will be especially difficult.

Quote:
Maybe we could book one studio in concierge and put all four names on it and then book another room in the building, maybe standard or even value. Two people could sleep in each. Can a persons name be on two rooms?
You can add people up to the occupancy. What Iíd do is just create 2 ďdummyĒ people to put on the concierge room or use 2 family members that arenít coming along on the trip. All youíre looking for is a magic band to access the 6th floor concierge level. Iíd not bother with the same names on 2 reservations because if there are complications it would take a ton of time to straighten out.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #19
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
If you stay in a Jambo grand villa do you have access to Kilimanjaro Club amenities?
No.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #20
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Never say never (but you are right, it is close to impossible.... and I would not recommend Crafty even try).

We have 1 Club level Studio night booked in January (walked to get it). When going in to book make the final change to the room to what we wanted, I happened to notice that the same night was actually available right at 8am at 11 months. I could have actually booked it and had 2 for the same night. To do this it would take walking the 1st and getting lucky on the 2nd. (Or having enough points/luck to walk both)

Quote:
I have been told you will have issues with this. The MagicBands can only be connected to one room or the other. I'm sure you could find a way around it with fake people or something, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are very careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
No.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote