home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #41
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I take myself on multiple vacations a year so people here donít have to deal with me...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:56 PM   #42
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I take myself on multiple vacations a year so people here donít have to deal with me...
I'm stealing this
Old 07-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #43
SSRownerInNY
Studio

Gifted my parentís a room for their anniversary last year and this year. Offered my sister a room for February break but she doesnít want to go
SSRownerInNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #44
Wonderdog4
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

That's rich!

We often get a studio for our daughter and son-in-law while we are at WDW. We do likewise for friends who reside in Florida during our winter trip.

I could see doing something more charitable if we ever had extra points.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #45
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Taken my mother, brought friends in a 2 bedroom, and gifted my son 3 nights in a studio with a friend.....and I too have scheduled several trips without DH in order to give him some alone time...I am a good wife ...

ME Nicole ,DH , DS24 : , DD22 , DD13
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:07 AM   #46
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
Wish there was a like button. So many generous DVC members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
I gave3 nights in a studio to a woman and her son who couldnít afford to stay on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
for at least the last three years all of my rental profits have been donated to animal/environmental/basic needs/worldwide charities that provide farm animals to families/disaster relief.

i also have transferred four 5-day hoppers to an acquaintance on this board over the last four years or so.

for this christmas season, here's what dvc rental money allowed me to give through heifer...five flocks of chicks, two heifers, and two goats.

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #47
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I feel like this is selfish because I benefit from their company, but we have taken my oldest son and his now fiancť, both poor advanced degree college students, on countless WDW vacations and DCL cruises. I know they cannot afford to go anywhere, but need a break! We love their company. I have even taken them on 2 DCL concierge cruises (all paid for by renting points, of course!)

We have also invited my other son's friends on trips to Disney as well. We like to spread the magic! :
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #48
oufpat
Two Bedroom

We take our 3 children and 5 grandchildren on Disney Vacations every 2 years , we provided our son and his wife with a Disney World Honeymoon, we're giving our newly divorced daughter a break without her kids in a DVC room this summer, and we give our children a break from us when we take Disney Vacations without them. DVC has been very good for us!!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #49
FessParker1
Grand Villa

We take family and friends just about every trip. Although not done with our points we were able to send one of our Disney waiters to the Dolphins vs Jets game last year which included field passes for after the game.