home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #41
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, turns out I may be one of those people who are eligible to buy an AP. Iíll have to check. If that is the case, can I still purchase these ď2 day freeĒ tickets for the others on my reservation?
Yes one of our trips has friends and they can get them because of the points used to book
Old 01-12-2021, 12:26 AM   #42
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Yes one of our trips has friends and they can get them because of the points used to book
Thanks! My initial plan was to buy the ticket and upgrade (if available) once there. If I can just buy the AP ahead of time,
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM   #43
JanszLoveOswald
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Can we purchase these tickets on the DVC site, the Disney My Experience App, or do we need to call MS? I have a trip planned for the end of May.
JanszLoveOswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM   #44
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanszLoveOswald View Post
Can we purchase these tickets on the DVC site, the Disney My Experience App, or do we need to call MS? I have a trip planned for the end of May.
I think that we have to call MS.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM   #45
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanszLoveOswald View Post
Yep, we have to call MS for these.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM   #46
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Yep, we have to call MS for these.
This must be why there has been a near constant busy signal for MS for days. When finally able to get through itís a 60+ minute wait on hold.
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #47
wiltony
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
This must be why there has been a near constant busy signal for MS for days. When finally able to get through itís a 60+ minute wait on hold.
Yeah. My experience tracked that as well. I had previously purchased 6-day tickets for my kids, so I called DVC member services to inquire about getting those swapped out for the promotion to see if I could get a refund or credit for the difference. After waiting around 50 min, they said I was eligible to purchase the promotion, but would have to call the actual ticket line for help with swapping it out with my current ticket purchase.

So I called that line and waited over 1.5 hours to get through over there. They told me they couldn't do a swap and give me the difference, but they *could* refund my entire original ticket purchase but then I would have to call DVC back to repurchase!

Went ahead and did that, waiting another 60 min on hold waiting for DVC (and about 15 retries due to a busy signal) *again* in order to re-purchase.

All worked out in the end and I saved about $370, but geez it literally took me half the day!
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote