home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 02:50 AM   #291
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
If the vaccine is fully out in 2021, then I can't understand why they would eliminate teh ME in 2022 unless there is another plan. Disney does not want people renting cars because that makes it much easier to go offsite to eat for half the cost. We have our car every summer and we make a few trips offsite to eat. When we fly down for a short trip we never leave the disney bubble.
I still think they are going to have some sort of deal with the commuter rail, which will probably move faster than the buses because it should avoid traffic. If the rail is done correctly and well organized, they should have luggage handlers take your luggage to your resort, this will increase restaurant service at disney springs because guest may be hungry when they land - I know my family is and the first thing we do is get something to eat - and then from there go to a park.

If it runs smoothly, I think this could be better than the ME - but that is only if it is well thought out. What i envision is a dedicated shuttle rail between MCO and Disney Springs that runs every hour maybe even every 20 minutes during busy times. Disney collects your luggage and delivers it to your resort, while you get to eat something in DS and then either go to a park or go to your resort.
I fail to think Disney is that stupid to make it desirable for people to rent a car and lets face it - without some sort of complimentary transportation most will rent cars. Renting cars means more offsite eating, offsite souvenir purchases, offsite experiences - maybe less park days at Dsiney and add a couple at Universal. No, call me Polyanna, but I can't see Disney actually encouraging offsite trips, which no ME without a backup plan will do. They may be saving on Magic Express, but the excess loss of revenue from everything else will affect their bottom line even worse.
And it will be much cheaper for the new Magical Express to take you from the DS train station to your WDW resort hotel than from MCO.
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #292
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Itís all about priorities. WDW fans are able to focus on the important things while the rest of the world is distracted by the pretty flames...
Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #293
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Itís all about priorities. WDW fans are able to focus on the important things while the rest of the world is distracted by the pretty flames...

(Loved the meme by the way GiantsNiners11)
Old 01-15-2021, 08:27 AM   #294
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

(Loved the meme by the way GiantsNiners11)

I thought the meme was really cute, too.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:34 AM   #295
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I thought the meme was really cute, too.
Gotta find things to laugh at now! I might need it today after a meeting I have at 10 with a conspiracy theorist (taking over a volunteer role for Scout troop). Last time I talked to him my blood was boiling. Hope his mild illness humbled him.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #296
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Gotta find things to laugh at now! I might need it today after a meeting I have at 10 with a conspiracy theorist (taking over a volunteer role for Scout troop). Last time I talked to him my blood was boiling. Hope his mild illness humbled him.
I actually got cancelled last night (night 5 in a row) So Iím pretty chill today. Have a test at the hospital this afternoon. Otherwise, just doing a little house work and running some errands. Might even treat myself to a pedicure... none of that is as important as the disappearing DME, though.

Good luck with the meeting!
Old 01-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #297
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I actually got cancelled last night (night 5 in a row) So Iím pretty chill today. Have a test at the hospital this afternoon. Otherwise, just doing a little house work and running some errands. Might even treat myself to a pedicure... none of that is as important as the disappearing DME, though.

Good luck with the meeting!
Hope the test won't be anything too bad for you! Do find some spa time if you can. You deserve it!

I'll not side track this anymore but will likely post about it on the corona thread since it's actually related to that. Car is being sold after too. New car depending on how fast money is deposited.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:56 PM   #298
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote