home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-07-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Default D23 Gold Membership 2021

Just received an email about this. Promo stuff looks pretty cool. But do I really want this? What virtual events are held? Special events and benefits? Does this mainly pertain to Disneyland? TIA.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
dantr
One Bedroom

I also got this email, and am in the same boat as you: the merchandise looks pretty cool, but is the membership worth it? I only became a general member when they offered that 3-year discount for Disney Plus.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
wiltony
Studio

They usually have a half-price membership sale every black friday. I've almost pulled the trigger 3 years in a row now, but I just can't. It doesn't make sense. I'm in Colorado and they rarely have events out here.
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:43 PM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

What do you get with d23 membership?
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
What do you get with d23 membership?
Iím not sure what you get most years, but if I had been a member last year I could have pre-ordered those darned villain dolls that I missed out on.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #6
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

What type of discounts do you get? Anything at park? What is % at DS?
Old 01-08-2021, 10:24 AM   #7
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Thatís what Iím trying to find out. They are not specific with the discounts and events. If the events are at WDW, well maybe. But if at Disneyland, I will not benefit. I have never seen them give any ticket discounts. I wish it was more specific as to the benefits. I just dont want to end up spending $99 for the promo gifts.....
Old 01-08-2021, 11:23 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
What type of discounts do you get? Anything at park? What is % at DS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Thatís what Iím trying to find out. They are not specific with the discounts and events. If the events are at WDW, well maybe. But if at Disneyland, I will not benefit. I have never seen them give any ticket discounts. I wish it was more specific as to the benefits. I just dont want to end up spending $99 for the promo gifts.....

There are a few events at WDW (in normal times), but most are in California. Certainly the big D23 Expo every other year (again in normal times) has always been at Anaheim Convention Center within easy walking distance of Disneyland.

Other minor events are sometimes held at cities across the nation, but definitely nothing set.

As far as discounts, nothing thatís not beat by DVC and/or annual passes.

So yes unless youíre willing to travel for the events basically paying the annual fees for a quarterly magazine and promo gifts. And of course Iíve done exactly that since Day 1. I have however also taken advantage of traveling to a few D23 Expos and other events.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
There are a few events at WDW (in normal times), but most are in California. Certainly the big D23 Expo every other year (again in normal times) has always been at Anaheim Convention Center within easy walking distance of Disneyland.

Other minor events are sometimes held at cities across the nation, but definitely nothing set.

So yes unless youíre willing to travel for the events basically paying the annual fees for a quarterly magazine and promo gifts. And of course Iíve done exactly that since Day 1. I have however also taken advantage of traveling to a few D23 Expos and other events.
Thank you Brian!
Old 01-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #10
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

Thank you! No, not interested in CA now or post Covid!