home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #31
DVCMatt
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Welcome to day five! Today we explored our last park, Epcot! We took the monorail from Contemporary to the TTC and then transferred over and to go to Epcot. The monorail to me is a staple on Disney World property and a ride in itself, plus itís a fun way to get a birds-eye view of the park. Did you know that the monorails are set to not exceed a speed of 40 miles per hour?

When we arrived at Epcot we were immediately greeted by the Geosphere, more affectionately known as the ďgiant golf ballĒ. As I was too small the last time I was at Disney I do not have a ton of memories however the geosphere is one of them! The sphere is the centerpiece of the park and impressive during the day. However, I believe that the sphere truly comes alive at night. Let me just say itís hard to take a bad photo of the sphere at night as the different hues of colors truly make your photo pop!

Our first fast pass at Epcot was for Mission Space, we chose the more intense Orange training however there is also a Green option if you are subject motion sickness. I was excited to do the Orange training but also a little nervous, I imagine thatís how real astronauts feel just before their shuttle launches. I was feeling safe though as I had a good crew with me (Greg and Kelly) as well as there were bags in the cockpit just in case I had mad a major miscalculation and was sick. Everything was fine though and we flew a four-man mission with just three as Greg acted as our Pilot and Navigator! In the cockpit of the shuttle there are all kinds of buttons, switches, and toggles as well as joystick, I pressed all of them and left feeling like a real astronaut. This ride was literally a blast and a ton of fun!

After the ride we were running a little behind schedule for our dinner reservation at Coral Reef, that was no problem at all though as we Disney walked over and made it with time to spare! Coral Reef is a table service restaurant where you dine beside a massive four window aquarium. The aquarium has a wide variety of aquatic life, including fish, sharks and manta rays. If youíre lucky you may also see some vacationers as you are able to go scuba diving with a trained and licensed cast member on the other side of the glass and restaurant.

The food was delicious, I had the Seared Mahi Mahi as my main course and the Turtle Cheesecake for dessert. Also, because I love Buzz Lightyear I had to order the Buzz Lightyear Punch that came with a light up Buzz on the straw of the drink, pretty cool right!

One of the things I have been most excited about prior to leaving for this trip was the chance to go and see the Norway Pavilion, it didnít disappoint!

Inside this building was information on some Norse Gods including Odin, Thor, Loki and Freya, needless to say a few selfies were taken!

We capped the night off with Illuminations, the fireworks show at Epcot! It was a very cool display including fireworks, lasers and a giant spinning globe in the middle of the water with changing images of people and animals on the different continents.

Epcot with itís different pavilions is truly a magical place that brings people together! There are a lot of hidden gems within each pavilion that are waiting to be discovered. I would recommend taking your time with this park as there is so much to see and experience. What is your favorite thing to do or see at Epcot?
Thank you very much for reading and stay tuned as the trip and excitement continues!
DVCMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #32
DVCGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I'm going to guess the mailboxes are:
1 - BWV
2 - BCV
3 - VGF
4 - BLT
Great job! You are correct!
DVCGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #33
DVCGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4disney View Post
I'm guessing:
1-VGF
2-BCV
3-BWV
4-BLT
Good job with numbers 2 and 4! You got all the correct resorts, just flip the order for 1 and 3!
DVCGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #34
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCGreg View Post
The last resort theming item I want to mention is the foliage. Iím impressed with how Disney has matched the flowers to the theme.
Disney music, landscaping, cast costumes, details, all matched perfectly to the overall theming. Not just at the theme parks and deluxe resorts, but at all the resorts.

Some of the best landscape theming I have seen is at the Art of Animation:
The Little Mermaid section has plants that look like ocean flora & fauna!
The Lion King section have jungle & savanna plants
The Cars section looks like an Arizona or New Mexico desert landscape

Want more Disney theme park background music? All of it is available on YouTube, posted by Disney fans!

Love your thorough trip details! Can't wait for more!

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #35
DVCMatt

Welcome back to day six! Today is our final day at Disney World and we leave for back home early in the morning. Iíve learned that time at Disney seems to move faster than most places, I guess itís true that time really flies when you are having fun! We spent our final day trying to squeeze in the final ďmust seeĒ attractions before we have to make our way home. We went to Magic Kingdom as there were still some things here that were 100% on my list, honestly though Iíve realized the list is too long and that I will definitely need to come back!

When we arrived we just so happened to walk into the midst of a parade! Itís the first one I have seen while being here and was impressed at how exciting and entertaining it was! There were a bunch of characters singing and dancing including the seven dwarves however for me the show was stolen by Mickey and Minnie travelling by in a hot air balloon! I, like everyone else in the crowd (which was substantial being a Saturday) was trying to frantically take as many pictures as possible.

One of my only memories from being at Disney World as a child is the teacups, and to this day they are one of my favorite rides! At home we unfortunately do not have the teacups but Iíve learned to make do with a similar knock off version commonly known as the ďstrawberry rideĒ. The day had arrived though and I was beyond excited to finally get to ride the teacups! There was a line but it moved quickly and I waited in anticipation. I have been told that the purple teacups spin the fastest and of course when it was my turn I ran to one as I had to try it out. The ride was a blast and after it was over, I dizzily climbed out of my cup laughing! This ride continues to be one of my favorites and will always be something I think of when I think about Disney World! What are some of your favorite must do rides around the parks?

The purple teacup!

After the spin we headed over to Gastonís Tavern to try the legendary LeFou Brew! The tavern was amazingly put together and had a giant fountain infront starring Gaston and Lefou with their overflowing steins. The inside of the tavern seemed to me to be decorated near identical to the movie with antlers and a roaring fire as well with Gastonís chair that serves as a perfect photo opportunity with your brew. Unfortunately, Gaston was not there today but from Youtube videos looks to be an amazing character interaction. What is your favorite character interaction?

As always, the cast members costumes are on point and they even ring up your order from behind a giant keg!

We ended our day off with the Top of the World Lounge on top of Bay Lake Towers!

It is a beautiful lounge to relax, have a refreshment and have a great vantage point for the parks but most of all Magic Kingdom! We watched the Happily Ever After fireworks which was a neat experience as they play the music through the speakers so you are able to hear the music as they show is going on. It was a neat alternate way to experience the show without having to brave the busy crowds within the park.

Tomorrow we fly home, with us we will be taking our store bought souvenirs (hope my bag is under 50 pounds), we will also be taking a tiny bit of Disney Magic! Thank you very much for taking the time to read about our trip and adventures! We are sad to say goodbye but are grateful for the opportunity and to be able to share with you!
Until next time!
DVCMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #36
DVCStacy

I loved your report! It looks like you guys had such a fun and amazing time, and learned lots of fun Disney facts!
DVCStacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #37
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCGreg View Post
Great job! You are correct!
Hooray!
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote